Scott McTominay | Napoli

Give it a few weeks and people will start to wish we still have the McFred mid combo.

SS, CAM, the most attacking B2B might in fact be the best position for him to play in, in certain system. he would never get to play that at the top level with a tema like United though. Good for him if he reestablish himself like that. The video only show the good parts so would stay reserved though.

Some reports in the papers suggest that Napoli are trying to really clamp down on Scott’s diet. It does seem that players are allowed to get away with dodgy diets at United. His new/former teammate Lukaku is case in point, as he admitted to being under a much stricter regime when he went to Inter.

McTominay always looked super lean to me but I’m a slob who eats too many takeaways and not a professional athlete where fine margins in conditioning can prove pivotal.

Evra said the same when asked about his time at Juventus vs United on the Overlap. Sounded like Juve had a military boot camp type mentality when it came to diet and fitness.

Some reports in the papers suggest that Napoli are trying to really clamp down on Scott’s diet. It does seem that players are allowed to get away with dodgy diets at United. His new/former teammate Lukaku is case in point, as he admitted to being under a much stricter regime when he went to Inter.

McTominay always looked super lean to me but I’m a slob who eats too many takeaways and not a professional athlete where fine margins in conditioning can prove pivotal.
Yeah, I'd suspected this as well for quite a while. Hopefully the marginal gains lads will sort us out on that side of things.

Evra said the same when asked about his time at Juventus vs United on the Overlap. Sounded like Juve had a military boot camp type mentality when it came to diet and fitness.

Yeah, the top Italian clubs are behind in several aspects but it seems they're stronger when it comes to fitness and nutrition. MilanLab were pioneers in this and I remember still seeing Cafu bombing down the right wing at 38 like he was 18. That early 2000s Milan team was phenomenal with its older players looking evergreen.

When Tevez went to Juventus he also mentioned how Juventus changed his diet and he lost a lot of excess weight.

Also people are overrating that performance from the clips. He was decent but the same passing problems were there. He fecked up a very good counter by playing a terrible pass in the box

Yeah, the top Italian clubs are behind in several aspects but it seems they're stronger when it comes to fitness and nutrition. MilanLab were pioneers in this and I remember still seeing Cafu bombing down the right wing at 38 like he was 18. That early 2000s Milan team was phenomenal with its older players looking evergreen.
Neville and Keane have all but outright said they were on gear. :lol:

Hopefully Scott reminded his patronising new employer that he played for United in a much tougher league, and they can shove their diets up their arses.

It’s probably a case of nutrition more than weight. He’s always looked in great nick, but more on the Fernandes end of the scale. Really lean and ripped. Dont want to be a ‘should bulk up’ bro as he looks in fine fettle, but he’s carrying no fat really.

They’re surely looking for him to add some muscle or just eat better to recover faster.

He looks like an athlete. He won’t be copping it for being overweight. No chance.

Edit : He is in Naples though. He might just be putting cream in carbonara or drinking cappucino after 11am.

Hopefully Scott reminded his patronising new employer that he played for United in a much tougher league, and they can shove their diets up their arses.

It's normal protocol. They do this with every player, in England too. It just made the press because it's an ex United player now playing abroad.

From watching clips of McTom in Italy I was struck by how slow the overall midfield and press looks.

He looked a step ahead…which must be a first for Scottie.

I noticed it as well.
He seems to have created space well for himself,
But the way he was able to glide past players... You never saw it in England.

I wish I had more time to watch football, I'd certainly watch some Serie A.
Looks like a different beast to the PL.

Christ imagine using McTominay as an example to throw shade at United’s fitness/nutrition.

The guy is in fantastic shape and casually knocking out 16 minute 5k times. He’s probably one of the last professional footballers I’d point to and go “wow that guy has a poor diet”

I noticed it as well.
He seems to have created space well for himself,
But the way he was able to glide past players... You never saw it in England.

I wish I had more time to watch football, I'd certainly watch some Serie A.
Looks like a different beast to the PL.

We did, he actually improved quite a bit for us last season. Still wasn't good enough / or what we needed but he was able to go past players quite a bit.
His issue was the consistency of his technical play, passing etc

It's always been an area Serie A has been very disciplined on. However given McTominay's physical shape, I wonder how much truth there is in those. There's an easy stereotype for paper-fillers to make a story from - classic British footballer with Scottish diet who no doubt stuffs himself with fried Mars bars moving to hyper-professional pasta land.

It's always been an area Serie A has been very disciplined on. However given McTominay's physical shape, I wonder how much truth there is in those. There's an easy stereotype for paper-fillers to make a story from - classic British footballer with Scottish diet who no doubt stuffs himself with fried Mars bars moving to hyper-professional pasta land.

Yeah it sounds bollocks the lad is lean as feck and never seemed to tire, just seems like a snide way of throwing shade at English clubs.

If deep fried Mars Bars are a problem then technically it's Italy's fault for so many of them emigrating to Scotland a century ago and opening up chippies. They started the chain of events, we just replaced the fish with the absolute worst thing we could think of.

Solid debut. He'll improve he's still learning the Italian language. I hope he wins Serie A.

Scored his first goal for Napoli against Palermo in the Coppa Italia to make it 5-0

All you mofos who wanted him gone will regret it as much as releasing Blind and all the other solid squad fillers we ve let go. Could have used some of his energy and pride for the badge against Twente.

Scotty fanclub will never die.

Lukaku went on in the 76th minute, McT in the 77th, then Lukaku assists McT in the 77th. Impressive!

If deep fried Mars Bars are a problem then technically it's Italy's fault for so many of them emigrating to Scotland a century ago and opening up chippies. They started the chain of events, we just replaced the fish with the absolute worst thing we could think of.

So the Italians invented the haggis supper?

All you mofos who wanted him gone will regret it as much as releasing Blind and all the other solid squad fillers we ve let go. Could have used some of his energy and pride for the badge against Twente.

Still accepting members?

He kissed the badge. Napoli fans love him. I hope he wins Serie A. I'm a Napoli fan now.

I think I'd have preferred to sell Mount over Mctomminay & let him play as our 2nd CAM.

Almost like Van De Beek played for Ajax.

However, Mctomminay probably had more sale value than Mount this transfer window.

That's a lovely first time finish tbf hard and low across the goal. Text book stuff

I do wonder how his career would've panned out had he played a bit further forward, he's a very accomplished finisher

Would’ve gladly kept him SOLELY as an AM if we didn’t buy Mount.

The Serie A clip above also shows poor pressing from the opposition, which McT would never get in the PL. McT thrives on that kind of space, he’s a very strong runner with the ball and has some decent skills with the ball at feet, it’s the final pass that he is inconsistent (or can be indecisive) with. His ability to finish is not in doubt.