Scott McTominay | Napoli

He was far down the pecking order of players we should have sold but the others are so fecking bad that nobody would give us money for them so...

Stupidity selling him and I stand by it.
We have more than enough good players in that position. Hopefully better than McTominay who's very good to be fair to him. Hopefully he finds it easier to break into the Napoli team in his best positions, which aren't holding DM. Though he became passably competent there over time or at least at parts of the job.

McTominay is always a goal threat. It was McTominay that wanted to leave. Ten Hag wanted him to stay.
Garbage. The club wanted him out to get Ugarte. That's why the Ugarte deal took so long. The two had to coincide and did on the final day of the window

And McT is giving another man of the match performance against Portugal. A scandal that one of our own was allowed to leave the club.

Garbage. The club wanted him out to get Ugarte. That's why the Ugarte deal took so long. The two had to coincide and did on the final day of the window

And McT is giving another man of the match performance against Portugal. A scandal that one of our own was allowed to leave the club.
Calm down there Tommy.

We sold our only real goal threat.
Not surprised. Underrated and not worse than 100m central midfield players that play for Arsenal and Chelsea. We were crazy letting him go.

Shame he didn’t do 5905 instagram post. If he did, 90% of our fanbase would see him differently.

Napoli have got themselves a bargain.
Not sure. They only have 3 CM. Mind you, if Lukaku turns out the way I expect, Conte might just play him at CF for good. On which case I'll be very happy to have him on my fantasy football team

Not surprised. Underrated and not worse than 100m central midfield players that play for Arsenal and Chelsea. We were crazy letting him go.

Shame he didn’t do 5905 instagram post. If he did, 90% of our fanbase would see him differently.
Okay this might be a bit of an exaggeration.

Northern England beating the great Portugal and Bruno getting owned by dress wearing McTom ? Get the bagpipes out.

Big, strong, scores goals. Not a great passer.

If only there was a position on the pitch that suited his skillset.

Ten Hag found it, that #10 / Shadow striker / Dele Alli type role is his best role. Play didn't go through him but can carry / pass a decent amount and has a real knack for being the right place at the right time. The fact that he isn't super involved in our game normally means he shows up poorly on stats so all of the data merchants have a field day. How can a #10 be in the bottom percentile key passes / xA and what not.

I don't think he's a striker, doesn't have the hold up, back to goal play although maybe if we recognized his goalscoring abilities we could've had him develop in that direction.

He could've definitely done a job for us had we not signed Mount but have to agree with INEOS that he's surplus to requirements given we have both Bruno and Mount in that role.

No regrets, he can win Serie A for Napoli with my blessing, and score every game for Scotland, it was still the right decsion.

If nothing else the get out of jail card for Ten Hag needed to be taken away.

It's funny how Steve Clarke, the Scotland manager has got the best out of him by playing him in attacking positions.

It's funny how Steve Clarke, the Scotland manager has got the best out of him by playing him in attacking positions.

It's been a slow burn but the penny is dropping.
Ten Hag found it, that #10 / Shadow striker / Dele Alli type role is his best role. Play didn't go through him but can carry / pass a decent amount and has a real knack for being the right place at the right time. The fact that he isn't super involved in our game normally means he shows up poorly on stats so all of the data merchants have a field day. How can a #10 be in the bottom percentile key passes / xA and what not.

I don't think he's a striker, doesn't have the hold up, back to goal play although maybe if we recognized his goalscoring abilities we could've had him develop in that direction.

He could've definitely done a job for us had we not signed Mount but have to agree with INEOS that he's surplus to requirements given we have both Bruno and Mount in that role.

We never really saw him play the position so we don't know how his hold up play would have been.

Fair to say he'd be no RvP but nonetheless I've been convinced for a while his best position would have been alternating with Hojlund.

McT
We have more than enough good players in that position. Hopefully better than McTominay who's very good to be fair to him. Hopefully he finds it easier to break into the Napoli team in his best positions, which aren't holding DM. Though he became passably competent there over time or at least at parts of the job.

I’m not having for a minute that Mason Mount or Christian Eriksen are better than McTominay in 2024.

People really underrated him whilst he was here and loved to shit on him.

I'm sure he'll be appreciated more in Napoli.