Scott McTominay | Napoli

It is, making fun that this is considered an assist more than anything else.

McTominay suits Conte's boring 3-5-2 in Seria A but he's the last player I want to watch in that 2nd striker/no.10 role.
Haha cheers.

The Welbeck thread still gets bumped when scores. We're in 2024.
Our fans have a fetish for mediocrity. Asking Ole to come back. Thinking Sancho would have helped us. Mctominay should have stayed and the list goes on.

It’d be a much bigger indictment of our current state if he flopped at Napoli.

An unwanted Man Utd player goes to a Seria A team and does okay is… about right actually. It’s not 1996.

Our fans have a fetish for mediocrity. Asking Ole to come back. Thinking Sancho would have helped us. Mctominay should have stayed and the list goes on.
The funny thing is… apart from ole, the other 2 are doing a lot better than they did here. Mctominay is sitting top of serie A, sancho got 3 assist in his first 3 games for Chelsea. There the ones having the last laugh at us.

The funny thing is… apart from ole, the other 2 are doing a lot better than they did here. Mctominay is sitting top of serie A, sancho got 3 assist in his first 3 games for Chelsea. There the ones having the last laugh at us.
Means feck all. Sancho had 3 seasons with us and he was crap for us. Mctominay was a good squad player to have but won't have made any difference to us going to the next level.

Means feck all. Sancho had 3 seasons with us and he was crap for us. Mctominay was a good squad player to have but won't have made any difference to us going to the next level.
Ye mctominay was rightfully sold. My point was who’s getting the blame now that he isn’t here anymore? And sancho went on loan at Dortmund and showed his quality performances again. This clubs just toxic mate. Over at Inter Milan you have Inzaghi who can make average players like Darmian and Mkhitaryan look class.

Ye mctominay was rightfully sold. My point was who’s getting the blame now that he isn’t here ⁵anymore? And sancho went on loan at Dortmund and showed his quality performances again. This clubs just toxic mate. O ver at Inter Milan you have Inzaghi who can make average players like Darmian and Mkhitaryan look class.
The club is toxic but tell me this is sancho performing like a world beater. You mention his dortmund stint, we'll it was a bang average second stint . There is a big reason why Dortmund didn't even bother to make any bid for him. If he was that good dortmund would have been after him for 20 million. Truth is he was bang average there as well apart from some skills here and there.

We have not let go of one player who has done anything amazing at other clubs once leaving us. I feel in fact we keep hold of mediocre manager/players for too long aka eth now.

The club is toxic but tell me this is sancho performing like a world beater. You mention his dortmund stint, we'll it was a bang average second stint . There is a big reason why Dortmund didn't even bother to make any bid for him. If he was that good dortmund would have been after him for 20 million. Truth is he was bang average there as well apart from some skills here and there.

We have not let go of one player who has done anything amazing at other clubs once leaving us. I feel in fact we keep hold of mediocre manager/players for too long aka eth now.
Maybe they’ve done nothing amazing individually but they’ve joined teams and helped them improve hence the reason the 2 players were talking about are both above where we are. If sancho and mctominay are in our team right now then they get a lot of the stick for us being awful. Both players have actually contributed to their new clubs in only a few games.

We are at relegation level now. Our next level? Break into top 10?

Maybe they’ve done nothing amazing individually but they’ve joined teams and helped them improve hence the reason the 2 players were talking about are both above where we are. If sancho and mctominay are in our team right now then they get a lot of the stick for us being awful. Both players have actually contributed to their new clubs in only a few games.
But that's the thing we have had given such listless performances with these two as well. Go and watch the end time with Ole and see how the likes of Mctominay lindelof maguire perform in those 5-0 or 4-1 defeats.

My point is these guys may look decent at other clubs but are we really missing them? Like do you think Sancho today would have offered anything better , I doubt. Same with Mctominay.

I am happy for Mctominay because he was wrongly abused but he was rightly sold and as for Sancho, his performance are hardly great even now but if 2 feet passes makes him great then yes he is doing a great job.

It's weird because I was told repeatedly on here that dropping Maguire and McTominay would solve all of United's issues....yet here we are.

Glad McTominay is proving his worth elsewhere, hopefully he'll be respected a bit more in Italy than by the United 'faithful'.

I think on any reasonably balanced view, McTominay was regarded as a good PL player. He just wasn't good enough to merit a regular starting place on United. That wasn't even just a direct reflection of his quality, it was just as much about how he fit into that team. He's not an all-rounder, to be effective he needs to be employed in a way that lets him play to his strengths and protects his vulnerabilities. That wasn't available at United, he had to do things he couldn't do. I think a lot of people here recognised that. He wasn't among the players I wanted out ahead of the season, but I did think he should be confined to being a bench option. It's not a surprise he's doing fairly well in Serie A, nor does it in my view represent a case of a player taking off after leaving United. It's about what you'd expect.

As for Sancho, I don't think he's been all that at Chelsea, from what I've seen. Also, he had occasional good games at United too, especially when he came on as a sub. Let's talk once he's got 15 games or so under his belt.

He played 2 games and change for Napoli, and he was ok, nothing special

Like, you guys are talking like he's suddenly playing like Nico Paz :lol:

And the goal he scored was against a mid table Serie B team

He played 2 games and change for Napoli, and he was ok, nothing special

Like, you guys are talking like he's suddenly playing like Nico Paz :lol:
Yeah, against Monza he was the exact same McT we've seen for years. He's being slotted into the 10 position where he's not playing as a 10, not playing a striker, not playing as a midfielder. He's just floating around in the hope he gets on to a chance as he can get a goal the odd time. The game still bypasses him, he's the same footballer

Agree. I watched him vs Monza and he was useful for sure but not really impressive.

Curiosly he played as a striker when Napoli had a ball, keeping busy one of Monza's CBs (Izzo) to give more freedom to Lukaku against the remaining CBs but he wasn't involved at all in Napoli offensive plays, they never really passed him the ball..
During defensive phase his job was simply to make constant pressing to Monza's regista (Bondo) to make uncofortable the opponent's ball possession as most of the trequartistas in the world do.

Very disciplined player, good stamina, very good at executing Conte's orders but it's not someone you watch and think "woah, that's some player"

This guy keeps producing. I hope people now understand what mistake this was. Giving him away for pretty much nothing.

Well dome Scotty! Glad it’s working out for him. He’ll not under anywhere near the same scrutiny as he was here which will help him a lot.

It was still the decision to let him go.

This guy keeps producing. I hope people now understand what mistake this was. Giving him away for pretty much nothing.
He’s a goalscorer and good for a manager that can use him right. He isn’t good for teams that are trying to keep possession of the ball. He’s limited on the ball.

He’s such a good goalscorer

Makes it more insane that we saw him playing further up the pitch for the youth teams and thought hey lets turn him into a defensive midfielder. I reckon he might have turned into a decent backup striker for us if we kept him further up the pitch instead of the midfield experimentation.