Scott McTominay | Napoli

I was referring to now, not the past decade. Poster said Mct's transfer was an upgrade for him, as he went to a better team.
I replied, our team is levels above Napoli, it's just that we haven't got the right manager. And we didn't before either, seeing as you mentioned the past decade.
We have had four managers, two that were past it, and 2 that were nowhere near the level required good enough. None of them achieved anything after their managing here which proves just that.
We can't make excuses about having poor managers.
Our current level is reflected in our team's actual performance, not where we think we should be if we had the appropriate level of manager.
We need to lose this sense of entitlement.

Was never fully appreciated at United by the fans.

A lot to do with the anti British bias within the fanbase IMO. Academy graduates whatever nationality get a rough deal too.

Glad he's started his career at Napoli really well.

Good luck to him.

I'm still firmly in the "It was the right decision to move him on, but happy that he is enjoying his time in Napoli" camp.

And no reason why that should ever change. He was just not good enough as a CM, and what most people are missing and re-writing history over are things unrelated to his CM job. Very happy he's doing well and enjoying himself at Napoli though, he seems like a top guy.
Both spot on. By all accounts, we would have liked to keep him but he also wanted more minutes guaranteed - so fair play to him for moving on. Also, him being one of our more sellable assets says it all really about him/how we’ve overpaid a lot of other players.

Hope he continues to do well and pick up a few medals that side as well but it was the right decision for him to move on.

Seeing more Abu media bashing nonsense with a few Italian coaches suggesting we were mad to sell McTominay. They love a united story don’t they. Now we’re reading that ETH didn’t want him sold as well.

Whilst pleased for him that he’s started well, he could win the ballond’or over there and I’d still maintain that he was never good enough in a United shirt

Seeing more Abu media bashing nonsense with a few Italian coaches suggesting we were mad to sell McTominay. They love a united story don’t they. Now we’re reading that ETH didn’t want him sold as well.

Whilst pleased for him that he’s started well, he could win the ballond’or over there and I’d still maintain that he was never good enough in a United shirt
He's a decent utility player. The problem over the past decade has been our incoming transfers that somehow make us a poorer team. Hopefully that changes.

Agreed he was never good enough for us but annoyed we got lowballed in a market where for less effect players are going for £30+ million.

Good grief, he had 9 seasons with us and was picked by multiple managers but was apparently never good enough......

This game reminds me why I hate Seria A. Empoli going for the 4 consecutive 0-0 at home this season. Absolute shit

Agreed he was never good enough for us but annoyed we got lowballed in a market where for less effect players are going for £30+ million.
I think the fact that he only had a year left on his contract (plus an optional year) meant we were in a weak bargaining position. We tried holding out for £40m from West Ham in the previous summer and they walked away. We couldn't risk holding out for more than €30m a year later.

This game reminds me why I hate Seria A. Empoli going for the 4 consecutive 0-0 at home this season. Absolute shit
Can't judge the league on Empoli, who actually played well in the first half. They would have been the first team to draw their first 4 home games 0-0. It isn't the norm

On McTominay, for any of the ABU's, he was once again the same midfielder that we saw here. Napoli were dominated in midfield with Gilmour in particular struggling. They got better in the second but McTominay didn't do a great deal.