Scott McTominay | Napoli

Makes it more insane that we saw him playing further up the pitch for the youth teams and thought hey lets turn him into a defensive midfielder. I reckon he might have turned into a decent backup striker for us if we kept him further up the pitch instead of the midfield experimentation.
Would get us more goals than Zirkzee upfront

He’s a goalscorer and good for a manager that can use him right. He isn’t good for teams that are trying to keep possession of the ball. He’s limited on the ball.
Not everyone needs to be on the ball. There are 10 other players out there. McTominay gave us something we don't have. Goals, strenght, running without ball, hight, power.

I really wish him all the best in Napoli and that he shows why I kept telling that he was underrated by lot of people in here.

Not everyone needs to be on the ball. There are 10 other players out there. McTominay gave us something we don't have. Goals, strenght, running without ball, hight, power.

I really wish him all the best in Napoli and that he shows why I kept telling that he was underrated by lot of people in here.
Would pep have him at city? I don’t think so. He’ll do well in the Italian league. He’s not what top teams need though. He’s a useful player but ain’t the difference in winning a title.

This guy keeps producing. I hope people now understand what mistake this was. Giving him away for pretty much nothing.
It likely says as much about McT as it does Serie A to be fair.

Happy for him, he’s away from the circus.

Would pep have him at city? I don’t think so. He’ll do well in the Italian league. He’s not what top teams need though. He’s a useful player but ain’t the difference in winning a title.
Why City? Why Pep? Pep have players like Kovacic. There is need for silent players. Those who are working hard but never getting credit they deserve.

Why City? Why Pep? Pep have players like Kovacic. There is need for silent players. Those who are working hard but never getting credit they deserve.
Because unfortunately there the team to look up to. They play the best football in Europe and are most consistent in doing so. So a lot of teams will try to implement there style with obvs a few tweaks of there own.

Took his goal nicely but not really playing very well, really no need to be crying about letting him go.

Because unfortunately there the team to look up to. They play the best football in Europe and are most consistent in doing so. So a lot of teams will try to implement there style with obvs a few tweaks of there own.

I hate watching them play. I watch other Prem game besides United when I have time. I never watch City unless its a huge game. They are so boring to watch for me.

Napoli won’t win the league.

They will probably challenge for it, though, and McTominay will probably be one of their most important players this season.

He has 2 goals and 1 assist in 299 minutes so far in all comps already.

This season could skyrocket his reputation among football fans. I hope it will. He's far better than most people, including most United fans believe, so I'd rather he became a bit overestimated, than so underrated as he has been since forever. 20 G/A in a top 4 Italian team, playing in an advanced role, is definitely possible.

They will probably challenge for it, though, and McTominay will probably be one of their most important players this season.

He has 2 goals and 1 assist in 299 minutes so far in all comps already.

This season could skyrocket his reputation among football fans. I hope it will. He's far better than most people, including most United fans believe, so I'd rather he became a bit overestimated, than so underrated as he has been since forever. 20 G/A in a top 4 Italian team, playing in an advanced role, is definitely possible.
Maybe. I like the guy. Have nothing against him. Maybe he is decent enough and we might regret selling him. But that’s just the environment as a team we’re in. Rashford would probably look world class in Napoli’s team. Our atmosphere at the club is toxic and can make good players look bad.

Remember guys, it is a myth he is a goalscorer.

It is one of the annoying things about fandom, once a player is deemed shit a section of a fanbase will not only shit on them constantly for the things they don't do well but also refuse to give them credit for those that they do, as if it is an ideological war and no quarter can be given.

So with this we had people calling his goalscoring a fluke, pointing at his previous scoring record while blatantly ignoring that last season was pretty much the first in his career he was played in an attacking role at both club and international level. He was also previously shat on for playing CB for Scotland.

He is a decent player who was a useful squad player for Utd.

Maybe. I like the guy. Have nothing against him. Maybe he is decent enough and we might regret selling him. But that’s just the environment as a team we’re in. Rashford would probably look world class in Napoli’s team. Our atmosphere at the club is toxic and can make good players look bad.

It's not necessarily a mistake to let him go even if he flourishes at another club, with different expectations, playing in a weaker league than the PL. However, he did raise the physical flooring of the squad for United, and his mental profile seemed to be excellent. Keeping him as a squad player would've been fine too, but I suspect his sale was highly PSR motivated.

It's not necessarily a mistake to let him go even if he flourishes at another club, with different expectations, playing in a weaker league than the PL. However, he did raise the physical flooring of the squad for United, and his mental profile seemed to be excellent. Keeping him as a squad player would've been fine too, but I suspect his sale was highly PSR motivated.
Ye I think we needed his sale though to keep in line with FFP. We’ve lost tons of money by selling players for a lot less than what we bought them for.

What position does he play for Napoli? Is he their most advanced midfielder?

Scotty too hotty!!! Absolutely love him as an ex-player rather than a United player, seemed a really good human being, and will continue to wish him all the best.

Would be funny if he wins POTY in Italy

The problem is that many of you believe that yours is actually a top club. I think Napoli are currently stronger than your club, so upgrade for McTominay.

Scotty too hotty!!! Absolutely love him as an ex-player rather than a United player, seemed a really good human being, and will continue to wish him all the best.

Would be funny if he wins POTY in Italy

He won't win anything. The hyperbole since his departure is quite amazing.

The problem is that many of you believe that yours is actually a top club. I think Napoli are currently stronger than your club, so upgrade for McTominay.

In what world is going from Manchester United to Napoli an upgrade?

It likely says as much about McT as it does Serie A to be fair.

Happy for him, he’s away from the circus.

Lukaku, Smalling and Zhirkzee also looked good in Serie A

I think this is a simplification, diminishing McTominay's recent performances.

Salah, Bentancur, Romero, Kulusevski, Udogie, Bruno Fernandes etc are recent examples of players looking better (or equal) in England than in Italy. Douglas Luiz has had a terrible start to his Juve career, looking completely off-pace. Clearly, it's not as easy as you make out. Sometimes a player simply needs a change of environment to reach his full potential.

McT is the perfect DM for Conte’s 352 system and the player is smart enough to slot in and contribute from day 1.

Salah, Bentancur, Romero, Kulusevski, Udogie, Bruno Fernandes etc are recent examples of players looking better (or equal) in England than in Italy. Douglas Luiz has had a terrible start to his Juve career, looking completely off-pace. Clearly, it's not as easy as you make out. Sometimes a player simply needs a change of environment to reach his full potential.
It also ignored McTs form in the PL last season.

And Smalling is actually a good player too

What position does he play for Napoli? Is he their most advanced midfielder?
From what I've seen, he plays in the 10 area but he isn't playing "as a 10" at least I wouldn't use this description. He isn't the focal point of their attack, he is playing it rather similar to how he played the position for us in that he is trying to get on the end of things while also adding physical attributes and reliability in those areas. I think, it would be better described as some sort of hanging back 2nd striker but he isn't competing with the striker up top.
He won't win anything. The hyperbole since his departure is quite amazing.
Just like yours. As long as you haven't found a way to look into the future, your claim is as nonsensical as any other. Also Italian league is always difficult to predict.
In what world is going from Manchester United to Napoli an upgrade?
You don't have to be a dick about it, I think, it is safe to say that at Napoli you have a better shot at relevant comps than at Manchester United. So from a title point of view, it certainly isn't a downgrade. I am pretty sure life is more comfortable for McTominay these days, living in a nice city with good food, good weather, he sure is on a bigger salary than for us - good for him.

You have to always keep in mind that the PL is the only good league on this planet. Even the worst PL players will be stars in any other league. That's why you don't have to question what you're doing wrong yourself when it comes to unsuccessful transfers from abroad. It's simply because the player came from such a weak league.

McFred has had 5 goals between them so far this season, and we’re only in October :lol:
Both players who would have ventured better in more offensive midfielder roles, and particularly with less playmaking and control-duties.
Not saying they would magically be great players, but they could definitely play a good part in many teams. But them basically always reverting back to exactly the anchor-type roles instead could never last.

He’s playing the exact same way he played for us — he scored a good box-crashing goal whilst managing 15 passes in 90 minutes.

Like a lot of our players (and now former players) McTominay is a player who really excels in some aspects of midfield play and is atrocious in some others.

The only difference is he’s playing under a manager who is a cheat code at getting the best out of his squad and is generally an excellent tactician over the course of a domestic league season.