g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Scott McTominay image 39

Scott McTominay Scotland flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

ZainCRse7en

As a united fan for so many years, I long for the day we don't have to see this fraud of a player in the starting eleven. Is that so much to ask for?

West Ham 2:0 Man Utd

FerociousCorgis

Did feck all going forward all game. Didn't provide shit for helping create. Then to top it off provides absolutely zero effort to close down the assist on the goal. Just stands there and stares at the player.

Zoo

What on earth does he do for 90 plus minutes? It’s so grim.

mav_9me

I keep saying this. Fellaini and McT are the symbols of post Fergie United.

edgecutter

Even west ham won't be stupid enough to come back in for him again. A truly nothing player that has stolen a living as a joke by mourinho

binary bot
34 passes in 90 minutes in a game where we dominated possession for decent periods. You basically have 10 men in the build-up

Ekeke

1 shot today. If he isnt getting chances to shoot and get goals he doesnt provide enough. Made 5 clearances helping out the defence and 3 tackles. Still just isnt enough. All of West Ham's midfielders today are better

edgecutter

I keep saying this. Fellaini and McT are the symbols of post Fergie United.
Fellaini was a useful player when used correctly. He fecking destroyed ajax in that europa league final. McTominay has nothing to offer

Red Rash

Surely one of either Amrabat, Hannibal...hell even Dan Gore... Has to be a better option than McTominay

RonaldoVII

It's at the point now where we know he isn't a midfielder and offers nothing outside of the opponents 6 yard box but he isn't picking himself.

the hea

It's like playing with 10 players with McTominay on the pitch yet our manager keeps on playing him for the full 90 minutes every fecking game.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Quite clearly being picked because he was scoring

el3mel

Keep hoofing the ball to him. Hopefully the Brentford and Chelsea games will be repeated at one point. That's our only hope of organizing an attack, right ?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Absolutely woeful yet again. He has to go in January, I will just not bother watching if he's in the starting XI anymore.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Our best player. Should be an automatic starter for next 10 years.

mav_9me

Bobski

1 shot today. If he isnt getting chances to shoot and get goals he doesnt provide enough. Made 5 clearances helping out the defence and 3 tackles. Still just isnt enough. All of West Ham's midfielders today are better
Soucek completed 11 passes, won 4 headers and made a couple of tackles, he is basically an inferior version of McT.

luke511

Ten Hag is as blind to it as Solskjaer was, he deserves the same fate.

Roboc7

It’s hilarious there are Utd fans who think he is worth 50m, wouldn’t even get in that West Ham team. If he doesn’t score his contribution is almost non existent but manager doesn’t have guts to sub him off.

Pughnichi

i seriously just can’t comprehend what managers see in McT. Is he a nice lad, does he train like a lion, does he bleed manutd red?…

but I don’t care about any of that. Come match day hes not good enough, never been good enough, never will be good enough…

fans have been calling for him to be gone for many seasons and we can’t be completely uneducated/naive. After all we’re the ones that watching week in week out. How has he lasted so long under previous and current managers….I genuinely don’t get it. Can someone please enlighten me.

mav_9me

Absolutely woeful yet again. He has to go in January, I will just not bother watching if he's in the starting XI anymore.
I'm there with you.

Back in Jan 2020, I said I won't watch United as long as we refuse to buy an AM and keep playing Lingard and Pereira. We bought Bruno, thank God.

I'm not going to watch United anymore while he starts for us.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Those 2 goals against Brentford was the "can a win be a loss" moment for us.

BorisManUtd

He did brilliant vs Brentford and Chelsea but his overall game and especially passing ability is not good enough. He'll be useful for another PL team and has been for us at times but surely we can't be starting McTominay regularly in 2024.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
McTominay probably says the right things in the dressing room, knows how to look like he's putting in a shift, and nicks the odd goal now and again.

The fact that he can't do anything an actual midfielder should be able to do is an unfortunate secondary consideration to our manager (and 2-3 before him).