2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

TempusFugit

It’s amazing the less game time a player the better he gets on here. He offers zero to that midfield. He’ll just hide
Mctominay can't make that midfield any worse. We need some steel in there, Mount and Bruno are too lightweight. Mctominay is a good ball carrier, physical and can win duels in midfield, something we're sorely lacking. Can score too. How's this any worse than what we've been doing? Just don't depend on him in first phase build up and he should be fine for now.

Casemiro's getting embarrassed weekly because he's expected to track several runners by himself, McT is a workhorse and should be able to help with that. I'd push out Mount to that RW/RM position, drop Antony and start McT in a pivot. It should at least give us more solidity in midfield, we're getting countered to death these days. If we turn up at Arsenal with the same team that lost to Tottenham we will concede at least 4 goals.

arnie_ni

Mctominay can't make that midfield any worse. We need some steel in there, Mount and Bruno are too lightweight. Mctominay is a good ball carrier, physical and can win duels in midfield, something we're sorely lacking. Can score too. How's this any worse than what we've been doing? Just don't depend on him in first phase build up and he should be fine for now.

Casemiro's getting embarrassed weekly because he's expected to track several runners by himself, McT is a workhorse and should be able to help with that. I'd push out Mount to that RW/RM position, drop Antony and start McT in a pivot. It should at least give us more solidity in midfield, we're getting countered to death these days. If we turn up at Arsenal with the same team that lost to Tottenham we will concede at least 4 goals.
the first phase build up is a major part of our problem. You can't just say don't depend on him for that

Baxquux

For someone who can 'win duels', he's a pretty shonky tackler and gets bypassed quite often, due to lack of speed of foot/relative speed of brain, despite being a pretty good athlete. A much blunter instrument than 90% of the league's midfielders, even the lower-end scrappers. That also goes for this unreliable (and often cowardly/relatively brainless) relationship to first phase play, i.e. showing for it and setting moves off. No United midfielder with our resources should be as bad as this. He should be playing a quicker-Fellaini style top-end midfield role for West Ham ideally or emergency centre-back in a 3 when necessary and with clear instructions.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think ETH has a pretty good idea, better than you at least of what he needs. But the recruitment and transfers have been a mess for a long time, and that is not on managers.
In only 12 months in charge he has brought Antony, Malacia, Weghorst and Mason Mount to United, so I disagree here. He appears to have little clue, and I think as soon as people start saying what they see instead of saying what they hope - that will become clearer.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
In only 12 months in charge he has brought Antony, Malacia, Weghorst and Mason Mount to United, so I disagree here. He appears to have little clue, and I think as soon as people start saying what they see instead of saying what they hope - that will become clearer.
What exactly is wrong with Malacia at 13m?

Hes also signed Martinez, Onana, Eriksen and Casemiro and wanted De Jong, Kane and Rice

Mount has played a grand total of 2 games

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

That is one of biggest myths about our players. It is based on the fact that he does stupid and reckless foul then and there. Most of the game he just joggs around. You have multiple examples when opposition has counter attack and he is just jogging back.

I swear that we have same conversation about McT every few months. Less he plays, better he becomes. And people forget how useless player he is.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
We are totally fecked if fans are desperate for Manchester United no less to get Scott McTominay in the centre of midfield. Scott who no team out of the one team(s) will stretch beyond 30m for when he is available.

When Ten Hag joined I said right from the beginning of the summer that if we get to September and he was still here I would have little faith in him. People said I was being dramatic, but the theme of poor judgement has continued. Ole joined in January and the FIRST thing he did was say ‘no mor of this Fellaini shit, this is not a Manchester United player’ and he didn’t make it past that window and was sold to China. Ole was even only an interim at the time. That’s what I hoped to see from Ten Hag with Scott because I had hoped we were getting a manager with fundamental principles about passing and handling the ball. And sort of ‘he is a valuable player’ just told me that he is not of the philosophy I had hoped, and he has continued to show that with his kamikaze style with no control since then.
By now you should start considering if you have much clue yourself.

Every manager/coach we have had has valued McT. We value him at £45 mill. Very few PL clubs can pay that. But there has been interest from both Newcastle and West Ham.

Red_toad

McT hides from the ball.
Funny how people are forgetting that now that he’s on the bench.
Indeed he’s certainly mastered how to make himself unavailable for any passes in anything that might be considered a pressurised situation.
That said he does have his uses and would probably have been more effective than Bruno or Mason in that second half.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
What exactly is wrong with Malacia at 13m?

Hes also signed Martinez, Onana, Eriksen and Casemiro and wanted De Jong, Kane and Rice

Mount has played a grand total of 2 games
What is right about Malacia, apart from the fact that he cost 13m? He’s not very good is what is wrong with him, this doesn’t lose importance simply because he was cheap. Bought to be backup left back, he had managed to lose even that spot by the end of the season with Dalot becoming preferred on the left in Shaw’s absence.

And Onana has also played a grand total of 2 games if that’s what we are doing. The point is - he’s Mason Mount. Ot was curious before he’d played even ONE game. And you don’t get points for ‘wanting’ a list of players every top club probably wants. You wanted De Jong so what did you do when you couldn’t get him? Go and build a midfield that cannot handle the ball? I struggle to see how the qualities of De Jong are part of some sort of philosophy if you then go and get Casemiro and Mount instead.

Martinez looks a great player, although it still doesn’t represent having a clue IMO. Because why go and prioritise a ball playing centre half specifically for the left side so that he can distribute, and then abandon those same principles literally 15 yards further forward? If he wants to be high line and transition - good as Martinez is he’d have been better going for a different profile, one with height and better speed. A short ball-playing centre half makes more sense in a ball-playing football team. Which is why Barcelona can play Mascherano at centre half. We have a mismatch of ideologies throughout this team that HE built. Transition team with a right winger who doesn’t pose any significant direct threat, isn’t a powerful runner or goalscorer, transition midfielders and then a backline designed to build more patiently from the goalkeeper forwards.

Ever since he got here I’ve been reading on here about how certain players ‘have to go because they can’t play Ten Hag football’. What the feck is that even? It’s something that exists more in people’s heads, based on an idea of what they hope or expect rather than what we’re actually producing. McTominay gets this the most on here, and lord knows I’m not a fan but there is no football that I’m seeing generally speaking that is not suited to him. I’d say he’s not suited to Rozay’s stye of football because I know what I’d like to see us do. Scott isn’t suited to De Zerbi’s football. But that isn’t what Ten Hag produces.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
By now you should start considering if you have much clue yourself.

Every manager/coach we have had has valued McT. We value him at £45 mill. Very few PL clubs can pay that. But there has been interest from both Newcastle and West Ham.
Obviously not at that price though was there? Not because they don’t have the money, they targeted alternatives for similar or even more money. And who gives a feck if West Ham are interested in a player anyway? Is that some sort of vindication? Newcastle’s alleged interest was reported, but I’ve seen no bid and saw them go and sign another midfielder instead.

Ace of Spades

Apart from Weghorst which was a loan, none of the others are bad players. Malacia is fine, we overpaid for Antony, but that was on the decision makers again, we left it late when we could have got him for about 30m less if we did not leave it late. Mount is a good player, and it is too soon to judge.

He knows what he is doing, we have played better than this before, so no he is not some clueless idiot like most here think. He wants to get rid of quite a few players still, but we can't sell if no one is interested and the stupid wages given are also an issue. That is not his fault, and the result of years of poor decision making. The recruitment has consistently let managers down, maybe it is time people like that need a clue themselves.

Cassidy

What is right about Malacia, apart from the fact that he cost 13m? He’s not very good is what is wrong with him, this doesn’t lose importance simply because he was cheap. Bought to be backup left back, he had managed to lose even that spot by the end of the season with Dalot becoming preferred on the left in Shaw’s absence.

And Onana has also played a grand total of 2 games if that’s what we are doing. The point is - he’s Mason Mount. Ot was curious before he’d played even ONE game. And you don’t get points for ‘wanting’ a list of players every top club probably wants. You wanted De Jong so what did you do when you couldn’t get him? Go and build a midfield that cannot handle the ball? I struggle to see how the qualities of De Jong are part of some sort of philosophy if you then go and get Casemiro and Mount instead.

Martinez looks a great player, although it still doesn’t represent having a clue IMO. Because why go and prioritise a ball playing centre half specifically for the left side so that he can distribute, and then abandon those same principles literally 15 yards further forward? If he wants to be high line and transition - good as Martinez is he’d have been better going for a different profile, one with height and better speed. A short ball-playing centre half makes more sense in a ball-playing football team. Which is why Barcelona can play Mascherano at centre half. We have a mismatch of ideologies throughout this team that HE built. Transition team with a right winger who doesn’t pose any significant direct threat, isn’t a powerful runner or goalscorer, transition midfielders and then a backline designed to build more patiently from the goalkeeper forwards.

Ever since he got here I’ve been reading on here about how certain players ‘have to go because they can’t play Ten Hag football’. What the feck is that even? It’s something that exists more in people’s heads, based on an idea of what they hope or expect rather than what we’re actually producing. McTominay gets this the most on here, and lord knows I’m not a fan but there is no football that I’m seeing generally speaking that is not suited to him. I’d say he’s not suited to Rozay’s stye of football because I know what I’d like to see us do. Scott isn’t suited to De Zerbi’s football. But that isn’t what Ten Hag produces.
Im not going to judge Malacia off 1 season in the PL. Especially when he did actually have some good performances

marktan

I still think he'd be an ideal fit for West Ham, they badly need Soucek cover and hes basically the exact same player but better

MasterDarcy

McT hides from the ball.
Funny how people are forgetting that now that he’s on the bench.
No professional footballer "hides from the ball". To even suggest as much is ludicrous and it's lazy analysis.

EtH and his coaches are professionals. Do you honestly think for one micro-second that he would've played a player who "hides from the ball"
40+ times last season?

If he "hides" from the ball why is he still at Manchester United? Why isn't he training with the kids? Why hasn't he quit football to stack shelves at Asda?

It's a ridiculous thing to say. I would be embarrassed to entertain it.

Here are the stats that prove that Eriksen and McTominay get pretty much the same amount of touches per match:

Eriksen: 22/23 season: 28 matches - 60.6 touches per match.

McTominay: 21/22: season: 30 matches - 56.7 per match.

Scott McTominay gets 3.9 less touches per match. It's not exactly "hiding".

And how about Mount? He got 30 touches against Wolves and 27 against Tottenham.

McTominay's most recent Manchester United start was at the end of last season vs Everton. He had 71 touches and 1 goal.

Thats more touches than Mount has had in two matches.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Im not going to judge Malacia off 1 season in the PL. Especially when he did actually have some good performances
So what are you going to judge him off? The hypothetical?

Cassidy

So what are you going to judge him off? The hypothetical?
I haven't yet, like I said he had some good performances. I haven't said he's been a good or bad signing yet.
At the price point I was expecting a development project so for me he needs to be given more than a season

saivet

No professional footballer "hides from the ball". To even suggest as much is ludicrous and it's lazy analysis.

EtH and his coaches are professionals. Do you honestly think for one micro-second that he would've played a player who "hides from the ball"
40+ times last season?

If he "hides" from the ball why is he still at Manchester United? Why isn't he training with the kids? Why hasn't he quit football to stack shelves at Asda?

Here are the stats that prove that Eriksen and McTominay get pretty much the same amount of touches per match:

McTominay's most recent Manchester United start was at the end of last season vs Everton. He had 71 touches and 1 goal.

Not sure where you're getting your stats from but they didn't look right and looking at their PL stats on fbref, this is what we see.

Touches per 90Passes ReceivedAttempted Passes per 90Completed passes per 90
McTominay (21/22 PL)59.837.647.340.0
McTominay (22/23 PL)47.927.8 33.527.5
Eriksen (22/23 PL)72.153.565.152.8

McTominay's stats last season are a lot worse but given he didn't play as many minutes, fair enough to not to read too much into them but let's not pretend like McTominay's and Eriksen's stats are similar.

IrishRedDevil

40+ times last season?

He hides from the ball. Where did you get those fake stats?

Ayrlad39

McTominay has played over 200 games out of position. If Mount faces the same fate then things will not improve for him.

Value is objective.

Look at young Billy Gilmour at Brighton. 22 years old. Yesterday he had 98% pass success rate. Totally Dominating the Wolves midfield in the process. They didn't lay a glove on him.

They bought him for £10m.

We spent £115 on Mount and Casemiro. Gilmour is better on the ball than both of them.

We are continuously overpaying

Suppose we'll see how good Gilmour and McTominay are next month when we play England. With McTominay as a number 8.
Need to deal with Cyprus first

MasterDarcy

He hides from the ball. Where did you get those fake stats?
No professional footballer actively hides from the ball.

It makes me laugh that armchair football analysts think they know more than people who are actually qualified coaches.

McTominay has had three top coaches on his Manchester United career. If he had from the ball he would be told. If it wasn't eradicated then he would be training with the kids and sold for peanuts.

SofaScore. And yes, they're accurate:

McTominay: 21/22
Eriksen: 22/23

Devil You Know

Not sure where you're getting your stats from but they didn't look right and looking at their PL stats on fbref, this is what we see.

Touches per 90Passes ReceivedAttempted Passes per 90Completed passes per 90
McTominay (21/22 PL)59.837.647.340.0
McTominay (22/23 PL)47.927.8 33.527.5
Eriksen (22/23 PL)72.153.565.152.8

McTominay's stats last season are a lot worse but given he didn't play as many minutes, fair enough to not to read too much into them but let's not pretend like McTominay's and Eriksen's stats are similar.
McTominay's role was to provide defensive cover for Fred's headless chicken runs. Whereas Eriksen's role was to control the play from midfield.

For Scot to have ~80% of the touches and passing numbers of Eriksen is respectable given that difference.

Gordon Godot

40+ times last season?

I can only assume you've never played a reasonable level of football to say 'No professional footballer "hides from the ball"' or watched matches that closely. Of course they do. McT is a great example, if you watch him he will often NOT move into space and create angles but stay behind an opposing player to prevent him receiving the ball. There was an interesting point by the commentator in Chelsea Vs WH yesteday, when a full back lost the ball. It was basically thats why most full backs are full backs and not midfielders, as they are not comfortable receiving the ball on the half turn. Which is unfortunate for McT as he is a midfielder...

Devil You Know

Exactly this.

Mourinho, Ole and EtH have all dropped/sold midfielders for lesser crimes. If McTominay was guilty of hiding from the ball, he'd have been binned ages ago.

The paradox is that McTominay is supposedly only in the squad because he's the teacher's pet who follows instructions. And yet managers have kept picking him and relying on him.

So either it's a myth that he's "hiding from the ball". Or the teacher's pet is being told to hide from the ball!

I think it's fair to say he doesn't have instructions from the manager to "hide from the ball". So the allegation has to be a myth. It's a meme that people repeat without thought these days.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Exactly this.

Mourinho, Ole and EtH have all dropped/sold midfielders for lesser crimes. If McTominay was guilty of hiding from the ball, he'd have been binned ages ago.

The paradox is that McTominay is supposedly only in the squad because he's the teacher's pet who follows instructions. And yet managers have kept picking him and relying on him.

So either it's a myth that he's "hiding from the ball". Or the teacher's pet is being told to hide from the ball!

I think it's fair to say he doesn't have instructions from the manager to "hide from the ball". So the allegation has to be a myth. It's a meme that people repeat without thought these days.
Ah, the old ‘he’s good because the manager picks him (sometimes) one’.

MasterDarcy

Exactly this.

It's a total meme.

One bright spark came out with it and the hoards of sheep decided to adopt it as it has a nice ring to it.

It's embarrassing.

If people were going to call into question his positional skills or his spacial awareness or his football IQ, fine. But to claim that he actively "hides" is utterly embarrassing.

I bet Spain wanted McTominay to hide after he scored two against them. :p

If Bruno played in the number 6 position, he'd get just as many touches as McTominay does. Bruno would give the ball away more and probably lead to more opposition goals, etc.

If Scott McTominay actively hid from the ball, I can guarantee that he would've played 40+ games last season.

I'll give an example: Billy Gilmour offers for the ball more than most in the EPL. That's like calling every player who doesn't create space for passes, etc, as much as Gilmour as "hiding from the ball".

If McTominay actively hid from the ball he would be advised to quit football.

It's time to put the "hiding from the ball" stuff to bed as it just makes the people who say it look really stupid.

Last edited:

Gordon Godot

Exactly this.

Mourinho, Ole and EtH have all dropped/sold midfielders without mercy for not being good enough. If McTominay was guilty of hiding from the ball, he'd have been binned ages ago.

Its hard to have serious discussions. So if youre not good enough to play at MUFC you should stack shelves? So Ole is now a recognised judge of top level talent? Mourinho used McT partly as a stick to beat the owners/ Woodward with for not backing him. United are supposed to be one of top teams in world. McT is not a bad player, but we seem to have had ONE offer for him, at a time when lots of teams are splashing out on midfielders. Its a bit like Fred, the odd good game and people seemed blind to his woeful shortcomings. He's gone to Turkey. McT has his uses, but he's not really suited to a ball playing possession based team. Watching yesteday I could see him fitting in at WH, bringing some energy and goal scoring threat on the break. What he does for Scotland quite well.

Devil You Know

Ah, the old ‘he’s good because the manager picks him (sometimes) one’.
No, you've just strawmanned my point.

If he's a teachers pet that gets preferential treatment because he's good at following instructions and not his general play, does that mean that hiding from the ball is a part of his instructions?

Devil You Know

Its hard to have serious discussions. So if youre not good enough to play at MUFC you should stack shelves? So Ole is now a recognised judge of top level talent? Mourinho used McT partly as a stick to beat the owners/ Woodward with for not backing him. United are supposed to be one of top teams in world. McT is not a bad player, but we seem to have had ONE offer for him, at a time when lots of teams are splashing out on midfielders. Its a bit like Fred, the odd good game and people seemed blind to his woeful shortcomings. He's gone to Turkey. McT has his uses, but he's not really suited to a ball playing possession based team. Watching yesteday I could see him fitting in at WH, bringing some energy and goal scoring threat on the break. What he does for Scotland quite well.
Physician, heal thyself.

Cantona’s Kung Fu Kick

It's a total meme.

One bright spark came out with it and the hoards of sheep decided to adopt it as it has a nice ring to it.

It's embarrassing.

If people were going to call into question his positional skills or his spacial awareness or his football IQ, fine. But to claim that he actively "hides" is utterly embarrassing.

If Bruno played in the number 6 position, he'd get just as many touches as McTominay does. Bruno would give the ball away more and probably lead to more opposition goals, etc.

If Scott McTominay actively hid from the ball, I can guarantee that he would've played 40+ games last season.

I'll give an example: Billy Gilmour offers for the ball more than most in the EPL. That's like calling every player who doesn't create space for passes, etc, as much as Gilmour as "hiding from the ball".

It's time to put the "hiding from the ball" stuff to bed as it just makes the people who say it look really stupid.
pundit Keane agrees McTominay's time at the club has passed - insisting United won't challenge for titles with him in the side.

Keane said: "People talk about Fred and McTominay in midfield, they’ve had their chance, we’ve seen them.

"[Donny] van de Beek has come into the club, and there’s nothing wrong with biding your time.

"But if you think Fred, McTominay and [Nemanja] Matic in midfield will get Man United back to the heights of winning titles. Then you’re living in cuckoo land”.
Regardless of the debate as to whether he hides or doesn’t hide, he’s just not very good. Even Neville said at the weekend that he wasn’t good enough on the ball to play for United. As I’ve said before the wholesale lack of interest in him from other clubs speaks volumes to his basic lack of ability.

Idxomer

What's up with those new accounts that pop up every few months specifically to defend McTominay?

Siorac

No, you've just strawmanned my point.

If he's a teachers pet that gets preferential treatment because he's good at following instructions and not his general play, does that mean that hiding from the ball is a part of his instructions?
Will you feel better if instead of 'hiding' we write that he doesn't get on the ball enough and doesn't make himself available often enough for a Manchester United central midfielder?

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians
It's a total meme.

It's embarrassing.

This post makes a lot of sense and demonstrates valid, well thought out and honest opinions.
Refreshing !
Thank you.

MasterDarcy

he will often NOT move into space and create angles
How many times did Mount move into space and create angles when he had the mammoth number of 50 touches in the previous two matches?

but stay behind an opposing player to prevent him receiving the ball.
Have you done coaching courses? A lot of coaches will encourage marking an opposition player who is closest to your team-mate who has the ball, to discourse your teammate from being closed down.

What's up with those new accounts that pop up every few months specifically to defend McTominay?
Is it against the rules to defend Scott McTominay? Do we have to all say stupid s*it like "McTominay hides from the ball"?

If so, I'm cool with remaining a newbie. Especially if it means that I'm able to think for myself.

pundit Keane agrees McTominay's time at the club has passed - insisting United won't challenge for titles with him in the side.

Keane said: "People talk about Fred and McTominay in midfield, they’ve had their chance, we’ve seen them.

"[Donny] van de Beek has come into the club, and there’s nothing wrong with biding your time.

"But if you think Fred, McTominay and [Nemanja] Matic in midfield will get Man United back to the heights of winning titles. Then you’re living in cuckoo land”.
Regardless of the debate as to whether he hides or doesn’t hide, he’s just not very good. Even Neville said at the weekend that he wasn’t good enough on the ball to play for United. As I’ve said before the wholesale lack of interest in him from other clubs speaks volumes to his basic lack of ability.
And? Roy Keane isn't exactly Sir Alex Ferguson.

Fine. You give me Keane. I'll raise you Paul Scholes:

"He’s done great and will come back with loads of confidence. He’s a really talented player, he’s a really good player," Scholes said on the Webby and O'Neill YouTube channel.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...choles-mctominay-man-united-transfer-26612194

Also, I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever heard a coach, a player, a manager, an ex-manager, a pundit, an ex-pundit, ever, ever utter the sentence "Scott McTominay hides from the ball" as it's bats*it crazy.

Cantona’s Kung Fu Kick

How many times did Mount move into space and create angles when he had the mammoth number of 50 touches in the previous two matches?

Have you done coaching courses? A lot of coaches will encourage marking an opposition player who is closest to your team-mate who has the ball, to discourse your teammate from being closed down.

Is it against the rules to defend Scott McTominay? Do we have to all say stupid s*it like "McTominay hides from the ball"?

If so, I'm cool with remaining a newbie. Especially if it means that I'm able to think for myself.

And? Roy Keane isn't exactly Sir Alex Ferguson.

Fine. You give me Keane. I'll raise you Paul Scholes:

"He’s done great and will come back with loads of confidence. He’s a really talented player, he’s a really good player," Scholes said on the Webby and O'Neill YouTube channel.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...choles-mctominay-man-united-transfer-26612194

Also, I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever heard a coach, a player, a manager, an ex-manager, a pundit, an ex-pundit, ever, ever utter the sentence "Scott McTominay hides from the ball" as it's bats*it crazy.
Again if he really is so talented and a really good player, why is no other team apart from West Ham interested in signing him? Even Moyes was only prepared to offer £30m, and that is in a vastly inflated market. Surly teams would be falling over themselves to get him and for someone so talented even the £45m we supposedly want for him would be a bargain?

MasterDarcy

Again if he really is so talented and a really good player, why is no other team apart from West Ham interested in signing him? Even Moyes was only prepared to offer £30m, and that is in a vastly inflated market. Surly teams would be falling over themselves to get him and for someone so talented even the £45m we supposedly want for him would be a bargain?
I don't recall any bidding wars with Casemiro, Mount or Antony.

It's a silly argument.

Just because teams aren't as insane as Manchester United doesn't mean anything.

In my opinion Casemiro isn't worth £77m. Mount isn't worth £55m. Antony isn't worth £81m.

That's £213m for a player who has been pushed out of the first XI, a player who looks like a deer in headlights and a player who can only cut inside and shoot and he looks lightweight.

How many teams were in for Billy Gilmour? He went for £10m and will waltz around the United midfield when we meet Brighton.

No other team would've bought Casemiro for £77m. Mount for £55m or Antony for £81m.

Cantona’s Kung Fu Kick

I don't recall any bidding wars with Casemiro, Mount or Antony.

It's a silly argument.

Just because teams aren't as insane as Manchester United doesn't mean anything.

In my opinion Casemiro isn't worth £77m. Mount isn't worth £55m. Antony isn't worth £81m.

That's £213m for a player who has been pushed out of the first XI, a player who looks like a deer in headlights and a player who can only cut inside and shoot and he looks lightweight.

How many teams were in for Billy Gilmour? He went for £10m and will waltz around the United midfield when we meet Brighton.

No other team would've bought Casemiro for £77m. Mount for £55m or Antony for £81m.
Hardly. Who said anything about a bidding war for him? He’s clearly up for sale and there are no takers. Why is that? As I said if he was as remotely good as you make out someone would have him. He’s clearly 5th choice right now and will be 6th choice as soon as Mainoo is fit again.

Ghirahim

Hardly. Who said anything about a bidding war for him? He’s clearly up for sale and there are no takers. Why is that? As I said if he was as remotely good as you make out someone would have him. He’s clearly 5th choice right now and will be 6th choice as soon as Mainoo is fit again.

The bidding starts at 40 million. United are asking for 40+ million. So this tells you that Erik Ten Hag still rates him.

Roboc7

The bidding starts at 40 million. United are asking for 40+ million. So this tells you that Erik Ten Hag still rates him.
What it tells us that the people responsible for selling have no clue what they are doing. If the manager rated him he wouldn’t be for sale, how much money we accept for him won’t be his concern or decision.

Von Mistelroum

Guess we're back to this lad as our CM now then? Is he good now he's not been playing for a while?