Ruud van Nistelrooy has joined United's coaching staff

My love for Ruud paved a sort of dislike towards ronaldo that last till today. I hope he stays a coach here or go be a good head coach somewhere else first. We don't want our fans call his head like what happened with our legend OGS. That was heartbreaking to do.

Will our no. 2 be fired? I loved Ruud as a player, and there is so much nostalgia in this thread. I truly hope he has a positive impact here

Long gone

I think he has a role in some capacity. The inspirational videos shown to the players for FA Cup final had a Phelan watermark on them.

I may be completely wrong on that assumption, may have been added by whoever released it, but I definetly recall seeing it and thinking it was strange considering he was gone.

Bit slack of them to make him look like a peeping Tom in the process.

This is great news……Ruud was the best finisher/poacher I’ve seen at Utd - if he can impart a fraction of that onto Rasmus then he will elevate his potential no ends.

Ruud had the best first touch for a striker I've ever seen at United. So many of his goals came after an incredible first touch to control a cross into the box. If he can teach even half of that ability to Rasmus, he'll be on to something.

Ruud had the best first touch for a striker I've ever seen at United. So many of his goals came after an incredible first touch to control a cross into the box. If he can teach even half of that ability to Rasmus, he'll be on to something.

I’d say that would be Berba.

Have you been living under a rock these past 4 days?

oh look, a sheep that believes what they read. labour winning was a sham. the conservatives weren’t able to get their policies through with all the woke snowflakes, so they faked losing the election, so people would leave them alone, and allow them to deport immigrants and castigate the poor. a bit like how trump has been running america for the last 4 years, whilst people assumed it was biden.

oh look, a sheep that believes what they read. labour winning was a sham. the conservatives weren’t able to get their policies through with all the woke snowflakes, so they faked losing the election, so people would leave them alone, and allow them to deport immigrants and castigate the poor. a bit like how trump has been running america for the last 4 years, whilst people assumed it was biden.
:lol:

I’d say that would be Berba.

Depends on what you want from the first touch. Berbatov could control a ball out of nowhere and play it off as linking the play was more part of his remit, rather than being a poacher.

But, Ruud's first touch and awareness to use it to hold off a defender, create half a yard and set himself for a finish was totally different and much more effective inside the box.

Wonder why we’re going for all Dutch coaches. That mean ETH is staying for at least 2 more years?

Hopefully he's a good leader now and not the salty bitch he was when he left in disgrace back in 2006

At United it's us against the world no more childish in-fighting please. :)

Buzzing to see what he can do with the team in training especially the young ST we have.

Depends on what you want from the first touch. Berbatov could control a ball out of nowhere and play it off as linking the play was more part of his remit, rather than being a poacher.

But, Ruud's first touch and awareness to use it to hold off a defender, create half a yard and set himself for a finish was totally different and much more effective inside the box.

This. Plenty have graceful technique, but where Ruud was all on his own was how much purpose that first touch always had. One motion to - if only for half a second - take three defenders out of the game and turn a crowded area into an open goal.

This. Plenty have graceful technique, but where Ruud was all on his own was how much purpose that first touch always had. One motion to - if only for half a second - take three defenders out of the game and turn a crowded area into an open goal.

Yeah, that goal against Charlton I think, where he chested it over his own head and the defender and smashed a volley it on the turn. Always seemed to be able to get himself an extra split second to get a shot away.

This is great news……Ruud was the best finisher/poacher I’ve seen at Utd - if he can impart a fraction of that onto Rasmus then he will elevate his potential no ends.

That's the hope, although at first glance, Hojlund seems a different type of striker from a stylistic perspective.

If anyone ever questioned if we were still by far the biggest club in England this past few months will have put those doubts to rest.

We are back baby, ready to ruin more childhoods.

I said a couple of weeks ago hes our backup manager in case TH doesnt work out. The fact the contracts are similar, only for 2 years, makes me think this even more. He could get a managers job elsewhere, seems odd he would take a backward step imo.

First season I started supporting United was that season and my first jersey was the reservable kit. Remember Ruud scoring twice in a fa cup tie comeback win against Villa wearing it. He was my favourite player from then, although I had Keane 16 on the back.

Rio signed the summer after and he never would have played in that top

The only thing stopping me from getting the Ruud reversible kit when he signed for us was that the United megastore in Singapore didn't have the small 'V' lettering for his name. My late old man, who was buying it for me, thought I was being unreasonably picky because 'no one would notice' but I certainly did! I went home with 'Scholes 18' instead and if I look hard enough it should still be somewhere at my parents' place.

Great times.

The only thing stopping me from getting the Ruud reversible kit when he signed for us was that the United megastore in Singapore didn't have the small 'V' lettering for his name. My late old man, who was buying it for me, thought I was being unreasonably picky because 'no one would notice' but I certainly did! I went home with 'Scholes 18' instead and if I look hard enough it should still be somewhere at my parents' place.

Great times.
Still got my Giggs,Scholes and Beckam ones. Also a Beckham England one.
Spent all day in Bristol looking for that Scholes one. The Beckham England one will get worn these next 1-2 games.

I said a couple of weeks ago hes our backup manager in case TH doesnt work out. The fact the contracts are similar, only for 2 years, makes me think this even more. He could get a managers job elsewhere, seems odd he would take a backward step imo.

Yep - first thing I thought when I heard he was coming in. But I do also really help that he (and the other new coaching appointments) can help EtH turn it around, because the FA Cup aside, last season was utterly dire.

He doesn’t consider it a backward step. He didn’t feel that he was ready in his 1 stint as a manager at PSV.