Ruud van Nistelrooy has joined United's coaching staff

How come we need to wait for a visa for RVN when he’s been in England before? Or is it different when you’re coaching/playing?

He played in England when the UK was part of the EU.

I don’t know if you saw the news, but the UK voted to leave the EU, meaning that non-UK citizens need some type of visa to work in the UK (and vice versa).

Yeah I realise its not the same but Hake's coming off a season wheres hes managed a midtable Dutch side and Ruuds managed PSV not too long ago either. You dont tend to see many first team managers slot back into a coaching role. I cant think of many other examples of this happening in the Premier League
Mcclaren, Walter smith, Brian Kidd etc. people are reading too much into it. Ruud has already said that he didn’t feel ready.

We didn’t look poorly coached against city in the FA cup final. We looked like a team with a plan and executed it to perfection. But yes I agree theirs a lot that ETH has to learn from last season. Setting up the team with a properly functioning midfield should be priority number 1

There’s no question that we were brilliant in the FA Cup final. But we struggled far too often last season, particularly against lesser clubs. Under this and previous managers we’ve become game raisers rather than club ms which smash the likes of Wolves and Palace.

Ruud would be an excellent manager for us, should circumstances make that necessary.

There’s no question that we were brilliant in the FA Cup final. But we struggled far too often last season, particularly against lesser clubs. Under this and previous managers we’ve become game raisers rather than club ms which smash the likes of Wolves and Palace.

Ruud would be an excellent manager for us, should circumstances make that necessary.
Under what evidence? I’m not saying he won’t be but we can’t say he will be either.

So the Dutch emphasis continues. EtH kept, Ruud signed and De Ligt maybe joining

In what basis will he be an excellent manager for United? Based on his 1 experience at PSV where he walked away with mutual agreement and he felt he wasn’t ready? One where the PSV fans will tell you that there was no style showing

I’m a Ruud fan but jeeze use your heads. Having him as the next manager?

So the Dutch emphasis continues. EtH kept, Ruud signed and De Ligt maybe joining
Which is good, isn’t it?

Hope Ruud can be a more adequate assistant to ETH than the previous two were.

Which is good, isn’t it?

Hope Ruud can be a more adequate assistant to ETH than the previous two were.
Think it helps that he knows the club well. And the players should thrive from having a legend around the place.

Well he certainly won't be a yes man which is a good thing as long as they are respectful of eachother.

I’m trying not to be blinded by nostalgia, but feck yeah

With our goalscoring woes, would he mind being registered as a player too.

For him to take this after turning down offers to be a manager does suggest he has been told off Erik is sacked at any point he's taking over.

There could be some problems in my opinion.

He's obviously better looking than some of our players and coaches so this could cause tension and sexual advances made by our staff towards him could result in divorces and lawsuits. INEOS will have their work cut out.

He's obviously better looking than some of our players and coaches so this could cause tension and sexual advances made by our staff towards him could result in divorces and lawsuits. INEOS will have their work cut out.
Not forgetting the fans who have an unhealthy obsession with horses.

If the Southgate rumours are true, INEOS seem intent on building up a stable of talent..

For him to take this after turning down offers to be a manager does suggest he has been told off Erik is sacked at any point he's taking over.
Why? Why do people keep saying this? He’s had one short lived manager gig before, left by mutual consent, and says himself that he wasn’t ready for it. Why do people think he’s going to take over from ETH? :confused:

Why? Why do people keep saying this? He’s had one short lived manager gig before, left by mutual consent, and says himself that he wasn’t ready for it. Why do people think he’s going to take over from ETH? :confused:
That one gig is also fondly remembered by pretty much no-one. If this is United's plan, then Ineos is nuts. He probably just likes the idea of getting back into the action straight at the very highest level while staying in the shadows (a bit, anyway) and being able to observe Ten Hag.

Actually delighted that Ruud is back. One of my favourites growing up, hopefully he'll teach the strikers one thing or two about scoring.

We have a special @horsechoker for this very occasion. No worries

Is Phelan still at the club?
He keeps arriving at Carrington each morning but the security aren't letting him into the complex.
I've heard he's threatening to put out some cones In the parking lot.

Great to have him back. I'm a bit of a history buff so I know that he was once a player here. Played here for some seasons, scored some goals.