Ruud van Nistelrooy has joined United's coaching staff

Has he been signed into the backroom staff yet?

INEOS making massive moves since they came in. How can people complain that they're not doing enough?

The main complaint I would say is people keep seeing structure appointments but no signings. Mind you I am fully confident we will see things pick up pace now Ashworth confirmed and Vivell looks to be coming in on short term deal.

The main complaint I would say is people keep seeing structure appointments but no signings. Mind you I am fully confident we will see things pick up pace now Ashworth confirmed and Vivell looks to be coming in on short term deal.

That certainly isn't the main complaint.

The main complaints have been the perceived unfair treatment of Ten Hag, cancelling the Christmas party for players and placing the women's team in temporary accommodation.

Then there are those that purely hate that Ratcliffe is a Tory and "lives" in a taxi haven.

The main complaints have been the perceived unfair treatment of Ten Hag, cancelling the Christmas party for players and placing the women's team in temporary accommodation.

Then there are those that purely hate that Ratcliffe is a Tory and "lives" in a taxi haven.

Yeah but you haven’t tried to get home from Dublin City centre after midnight to be fair.

I'll never ever forget martin keown jumping into his back in that game Vs arsenal .. I was absolutely furious and could have battered keown in that moment.

I'll never ever forget martin keown jumping into his back in that game Vs arsenal .. I was absolutely furious and could have battered keown in that moment.

The same. I still can’t stand Keown to this day after that incident. It screams to the character of the man.

People are just looking for things to complain about. He bought a share of the club to get back to the top and take control away from the Glazers.

Them things you've mentioned are just trivial compared to the grand scheme of why he bought the club.

Same here. I see his face and I think, yeah, your a feckin gimp keown. He was a bully, and I feckin hate bullies.

Keown just made an arse out of himself. Ruud didn’t give a shit though, he was as strong as an ox. What a super player he was! The game was a lot more physical then too. Himself and Cole (once he really got going) were such natural finishers. Half a chance. In it goes. Either foot. Headers. Whatever. Plenty of smash and grab. Love it!

Taxi Heaven. Where the drivers have no opinion on football. But he’s defected to Keir’s booking agency, by latest reports

Perhaps discussed already, but if Ruud does re-join United, I wonder what will happen to Steve McClaren?

Perhaps discussed already, but if Ruud does re-join United, I wonder what will happen to Steve McClaren?

Think he'll stay. Even if van Der Gaag doesn't leave, McCarthy is and Ramsey has already gone to the States. We probably needed two in anyway.

So we basically have 3 first team coaches now with ten Hag, Hake and Ruud. A bit unprecedented this no? Shades of Evans/Houllier anyone?

Last edited:
So we basically have 3 first team coaches now with Hag, Hake and Ruud. A bit unprecedented this no? Shades of Evans/Houllier anyone?
No. Evans and Houllier were managing the team. We have one manager and a few coaches. Just like every other club.

So we basically have 3 first team coaches now with Hag, Hake and Ruud. A bit unprecedented this no? Shades of Evans/Houllier anyone?

Pretty sure i saw a tweet here or on Reddit a few days ago about Van Der Gaag being on his way out.

Edit: wrote Haag, meant Gaag

Last edited:
No. Evans and Houllier were managing the team. We have one manager and a few coaches. Just like every other club.
Yeah I realise its not the same but Hake's coming off a season wheres hes managed a midtable Dutch side and Ruuds managed PSV not too long ago either. You dont tend to see many first team managers slot back into a coaching role. I cant think of many other examples of this happening in the Premier League

I mean Ten Hag! Not Mitchell van der Gaag

Ah right, you confused me with the other post, i meant Gaag. I'll sneak back and edit it!

Yeah I realise its not the same but Hake's coming off a season wheres hes managed a midtable Dutch side and Ruuds managed PSV not too long ago either. You dont tend to see many first team managers slot back into a coaching role. I cant think of many other examples of this happening in the Premier League

Van Der Gaag and McLaren had also been managers, it seems to be the way Erik likes it to work. Not sure whether Ruud also has some other assurances though should the season not pan out as we might like managerially.

Will Ten Hag be able to cope with an assistant manager who is infinitely more popular than him, and whose name will be sung by tens of thousands at home games ?

He could always get a bus instead, to get back to his roots.

The appointment of Ruud excites me more than keeping Ten Hag, who does not come across as a manager who learns from his mistakes. The players have looked poorly coached on an individual level under ETH and perhaps Ruud can help with that and help ETH understand how to manage his players.

The appointment of Ruud excites me more than keeping Ten Hag, who does not come across as a manager who learns from his mistakes. The players have looked poorly coached on an individual level under ETH and perhaps Ruud can help with that and help ETH understand how to manage his players.
We didn’t look poorly coached against city in the FA cup final. We looked like a team with a plan and executed it to perfection. But yes I agree theirs a lot that ETH has to learn from last season. Setting up the team with a properly functioning midfield should be priority number 1

How come we need to wait for a visa for RVN when he’s been in England before? Or is it different when you’re coaching/playing?

How come we need to wait for a visa for RVN when he’s been in England before? Or is it different when you’re coaching/playing?

Probably because he hasn't played in England for nearly two decades ?