Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Recently a clip on r/combatfootage got attributed to this Baba Yaga drone. I don't know if that drone was used in that clip but christ, it was a massacre. Much more powerful ordnance than the average grenade-esque drone drops.

Recently a clip on r/combatfootage got attributed to this Baba Yaga drone. I don't know if that drone was used in that clip but christ, it was a massacre. Much more powerful ordnance than the average grenade-esque drone drops.

Maybe is the explosion of the ammunition inside the tank?

Hopefully the arrival of ATACMS will help to further target supply lines and air-support bases, softening the front.

I don't know if Russians have enough manpower and firepower in the East, to make a significant dent in Avdiivka. Maybe it's targeted at pulling Ukrainians focus away from the South. If they fail to make any advancements there it might be a sign of the depletion of the Russian offensive potential, for now.

Meanwhile, it's crucial from a moral and strategic POV for Ukrainians to keep pushing in the South. They have to widen the front a bit and take Verbove, to reduce the risk of a pincer move from the Russians. They'll probably have to target Rivne and Kopani next. Then the focus will likely be the last settlements (Ilchenkive and Solodka Balka) that unblock the road to Tokmak.
RQvm3uL.png

This will likely take months and be a bloody war of attrition. I don't foresee easy or quick gains. But if Ukrainians reach the outskirts of Tokmak next year it will be an incredible achievement and it will set the stage for them threatening the entire Russian controlled South. That would likely light some fires in the Kremlin.

My question here is...surely, surely, the Russians don't rely on public announcements? :lol:
Did Russian intelligence not know this?

I guess that thing really packs some punch. Perhaps a little too strong even, maybe that's why Biden was so hesitant to provide it.

They've only supplied the older, shorter range version, which fits with much of the equipment so far. Capable but not the very latest models.

They've only supplied the older, shorter range version, which fits with much of the equipment so far. Capable but not the very latest models.
Apparently they supplied only a handful of these, but their existence alone in the theater will force Russians to move back their helicopters deep into the rear significantly reducing their effectiveness and ability to cover their infantry in time.

Apparently they supplied only a handful of these, but their existence alone in the theater will force Russians to move back their helicopters deep into the rear significantly reducing their effectiveness and ability to cover their infantry in time.

It holds more Russian territory at risk and I get why they don't want to supply the best stuff. It's not good if American bombs are landing in Russia and they don't want to give up the weapon characteristics.

Satellite images are out now for Berdyansk airport aftermath:

Basically confirming Ukrainian MoD claims about 9 helicopters destroyed / damaged during the attack with ATACMS missiles.

Another russian assault this morning in Avdiivka, yielding same results as all the previous one:

Another russian assault this morning in Avdiivka, yielding same results as all the previous one:

Feel like this is the precursor to Bahkmut all over again. Russians just chuck shit at the target and eventually overwhelm Ukrainian defences.

It works both ways too, as Ukraine found out at the start of the counter offensive. Ukraine seemingly has a much higher regard for life, so very quickly took a more cautious ground approach (at least that’s how I see it).

For all the endless of talk of “Russians running out of stuff” you do think sooner rather than later they’re going to be degraded to the extent of not being able to support a huge invasion force. Like, a year more maybe? No idea, but they don’t exactly conduct themselves sustainably.

The feck do I know though, they could have only used the tip of the iceberg when it comes to equipment.

Feel like this is the precursor to Bahkmut all over again. Russians just chuck shit at the target and eventually overwhelm Ukrainian defences.

It works both ways too, as Ukraine found out at the start of the counter offensive. Ukraine seemingly has a much higher regard for life, so very quickly took a more cautious ground approach (at least that’s how I see it).

For all the endless of talk of “Russians running out of stuff” you do think sooner rather than later they’re going to be degraded to the extent of not being able to support a huge invasion force. Like, a year more maybe? No idea, but they don’t exactly conduct themselves sustainably.

The feck do I know though, they could have only used the tip of the iceberg when it comes to equipment.
Ukraine now has much more ammo though, including cluster munitions, meaning that enemy can no longer overwhelm them with endless meat assaults as they call them. It’s actually impressive that russians can still keep going as they do having lost more than 10 thousand (visually confirmed only) pieces of mostly heavy equipment. All of europe should be eternally grateful to Ukraine that they’re holding them off from getting on our doorstep, basically. People are really the cheapest going currency in their army.

Putin invites Biden for tea, so, basically a death threat.