Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Russia, pretty obviously. And it is rather meaningless pipeline anyways.

Meaningless or not, Finland is now a NATO member. Could be Russia is trying to find out how far they can go against a NATO country?

Reports coming in of Russian attacks on the whole eastern front. Somebody wants to use the moment when the world looks at Israel.

Germany announces new defense aid for Ukraine worth $1.1 bln

FRANKFURT, Oct 10 (Reuters) - Germany on Tuesday unveiled a fresh support package for Ukraine worth around 1 billion euros ($1.1 billion), its defence ministry said, adding the programme covered air defense, weapons and ground vehicles.

"Germany will continue to support Ukraine with what it needs most urgently - air defence, ammunition and tanks," German Defence Minister Boris Pistorius said.

"With this new 'winter package' we are further increasing the operational readiness of the Ukrainian armed forces in the coming months."
https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...-aid-package-ukraine-worth-11-bln-2023-10-10/

A day after Russian offensives on the eastern front. 34 tanks, 91 APVs....Did they think Ukrainian defenders all watched Israel news instead of the front line?

Last edited:
If Russia could ever run short on artillery or tanks, i would be more excited over news like this.

If Russia could ever run short on artillery or tanks, i would be more excited over news like this.

They will run short at some point or do you really think they produce as fast as they lose them? It will take a lot of time no doubt, but at some point they will run short. It's simple mathematics. It just seems like they have an endless supply because they built it for ww3 against the United States, but even those stocks are not endless. I've seen many photos of Russian military camps with empty spaces where hundreds of tanks were parked before.

They will run short at some point or do you really think they produce as fast as they lose them? It will take a lot of time no doubt, but at some point they will run short. It's simple mathematics. It just seems like they have an endless supply because they built it for ww3 against the United States, but even those stocks are not endless. I've seen many photos of Russian military camps with empty spaces where hundreds of tanks were parked before.

I don't know, probably not, but they are increasing their military budget by a lot next year.

I don't know, probably not, but they are increasing their military budget by a lot next year.

Yeah I know, according to reports every third ruble in 2024 will be spent on the military. An economy cannot sustain that in the long term, especially under sanctions. It's the first sign of a unavoidable collapse in the future if you ask me, provided the Western help doesn't dry up.

Yeah I know, according to reports every third ruble in 2024 will be spent on the military. An economy cannot sustain that in the long term, especially under sanctions. It's the first sign of a unavoidable collapse in the future if you ask me, provided the Western help doesn't dry up.

Most voters don't care about this conflict at all if we are being honest, not even in Europe, hence why Slovakia just voted in a certified Putin-shill.
Slovakia doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things, but it shows a pattern, right-wing populists are getting voted in all over the place, sometimes we are lucky when they don't support Russia though, Italy as an example.

US-supplied weapons to Ukraine have found their way to the Gulf, where they are possibly being used against Israel, America's closest ally in the region, according to a published media report - wondered how long this would take to raise to the top

US-supplied weapons to Ukraine have found their way to the Gulf, where they are possibly being used against Israel, America's closest ally in the region, according to a published media report - wondered how long this would take to raise to the top
Which report?

Russian propaganda. I have already read a report that Russia was even smuggling captured weapons to Hamas so that they really could prove this and milk the story.
I mean, it may very well be a reliable report but I haven't seen such thing yet.

Sure thing. One of the photos used to prove Hamas has weapons US sent to Ukraine is from a video game and plenty are just outdated photos used out of context.

This week, on X, a user called The Indian Muslim shared a video with the caption “More power to you #Hamas” and claimed that the clip showed a Hamas armed fighter firing a large, shoulder-mounted rocket cannon and taking down an Israeli helicopter.

Multiple disinformation researchers, both on social media and in interviews with Al Jazeera, pointed out that the footage was from a video game called Arma 3. The post, which has Community Notes on it, is still up and has more than half a million views.

Another post by Jim Ferguson, a British social media influencer, claims to show Hamas soldiers using US weapons “left behind in Afghanistan used to attack Israel”.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023...wamped-with-fake-news-on-the-israel-hamas-war

Because weapons are far more likely to make it into the hands of Iran-backed Hamas through Ukraine than through Iran’s ally and weapons-purchaser Russia…

Maybe you could provide a link to the report?

Debunked I think.
In the end it doesn't matter anyways, because it would be difficult to prove the actual source. The US lost a lot of weapons when they left Afghanistan, they supplied lots of stuff to Iraq which isn't the most stable country, they were active on the ground in Syria as well. There are a lot of possible sources for the same types of weapons delivered to Ukraine.

So I wouldn't really doubt reports that claim US weapons to be used by Hamas, but one should be very careful when attributing that to a specific source.

I honestly don't get what these people expect others to think - even if you weren't following the Ukraine war you'd have seen the images of Bakhmut plastered everywhere.

Plus it’s not like Ukraine swept into Russia and raped and pillaged its people, and Bakhmut was a Russian defensive response.

Russia did that, and then flattened numerous places in Ukraine like Bakhmut.