Round of 16 | Romania vs Netherlands | Austria vs Turkey

I thought that too, looked him up playing for feyernord
Yeah i looked him up after the Georgia game, where it was clear he wasnt a natural LB, looks more like a creative midfielder playing FB

Let's hope Turkish fans don't throw objects at players next time. Well, they probably will

He was the one who picked the team.

He should have picked better attackers and better system.

They also conceded two goals from set pieces. He didn't drill the set pieces enough.
Please enlighten us which "better attackers" there are available to us, I'm looking forward to reading your suggestions.

Which is why xG is not an exact science and misses the context of where the goalkeeper is positioned, the speed of the cross, the height of the cross and whatever else.

It was a top quality save, brilliant, but I’d expect most international goalkeepers to save that at least 20-40% of the time.

Please enlighten us which "better attackers" there are available to us, I'm looking forward to reading your suggestions.

Arnautović is the worst striker I have ever seen. So pretty much any other striker in the world would do.

Where are all the Ronaldo haters now?

Ronaldo is still a top striker in this game when you look at this dreadful performance from Austrian forwards.

Another one of Ronaldo haters Rangnick humiliated.

Ronaldo is still a top striker in this game when you look at this dreadful performance from Austria.

Okay you are actually trolling :lol:

Sorry that it took me a while to figure out

Nah keeper can only really react *after* the bounce because you can't really judge the height before it... It's an incredible save.

I feel he’s headed it down a little too much which has given the keeper a chance, and space to read the bounce.

It’s not the same as a point blank save like Seaman's or a downwards header which has bounced so much closer to the keeper like for Banks.

It’s a really good save, but it’s one you’ll see plenty of keepers make.

Karma for taking Ronaldo off against Brentford, I don’t make the rules.

Ronaldo haters are having a terrible week.

Ronaldo to the next round and their hero Rangnick out of the tournament.

Yeah it’s a good save, but it’s bounced up nicely for him.

Not taking anything away - it’s a really fine save and he’s won them the game. But people comparing it to Banks or Seaman in the FA Cup are pushing it too far.

Yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one that is bemused by the hype. It's a good save, but I'd say he should be expected to save it.

Where it landed and how it gave the keeper an opportunity to make the save. A better connection could have seen it go in.
Comes from very high up and not from perfect angle, which makes it a lot harder to put exactly to the corner. Good power, correctly down the ground and close enough to the corner. I think it was at least a good header, probably very good header, even great could be justified.

Ronaldo is still a top striker in this game when you look at this dreadful performance from Austrian forwards.

Let it go Cristiano, let it go.

I feel he’s headed it down a little too much which has given the keeper a chance, and space to read the bounce.

It’s not the same as a point blank save like Seaman's or a downwards header which has bounced so much closer to the keeper like for Banks.

It’s a really good save, but it’s one you’ll see plenty of keepers make.

You'll also see loads of keepers just not react at all or do a star jump effort to try and save it... Or palm it into the net.

It's definitely not a most keepers save it type thing.

Ronaldo haters are having a terrible week.

Ronaldo to the next round and their hero Rangnick out of the tournament.
I don't think that's how it works. I think Ronaldo is a bit of a twat but I'm glad Portugal went through because of Bruno.

Netherlands aren't that great either to be fair. But anyway unless England sort their line up and play style out they won't get past Switzerland, so it doesn't really matter.

I think the main takeaway is that every team on that side of the draw could beat any other team - on paper England have the most quality, but they're also the most dysfunctional (mostly thanks to the manager).

I think England have a decent chance of getting to the final, due to the quality in the team, but when they come up against a team with similar quality they'll get hammered. And then Southgate will get a contract extension and waste another 4-6 years of talent.

You'll also see loads of keepers just not react at all or do a star jump effort to try and save it... Or palm it into the net.

It's definitely not a most keepers save it type thing.

I think there was more time than that with how close to the attacker the ball bounced but look, it’s just a different opinion and I’m not going to be too critical of what was still a good save.

Ah yeah thanks, hope Rangnick will listen to you and look for better strikers who hold an Austrian passport for the upcoming internationals, should be easy to find

Why didnt Rangnick not impregnate a Austrian woman who would have given birth to a superstar Austrian striker about 25 years ago?

He is supposed to be a long term planner. Seems like bad planning to me.