Round of 16 | Romania vs Netherlands | Austria vs Turkey

Just gifted the worst team of the tournament a win… we are lacking some quality players to really make the next step

Well the Dutch will have a easy game in the quarterfinals

Last edited:
England should really be making the final when the path is Switzerland and then Holland or Turkey. Whether they will is anyone’s guess.

Safegate clearly sold his soul to a shaman the amount of luck he gets :lol:

I just wonder how many goats had to be sacrificed for the draws we get and the injuries to our opponents that surface on the eve of matches.

Ronaldo haters are having a terrible week.

Ronaldo to the next round and their hero Rangnick out of the tournament.

Ronaldo didn't a score a single goal and even missed a penalty.
Austria definitely didn't need a past it primadonna and crybaby.

Save with the reverse angle.

So good.

Last edited:

Save with the reverse angle.

So good.

Obviously a good save, however:

He's lucky that it's such a lofted ball, meaning it's difficult to direct it with power. Heading it into the ground also means less pace and the ball is already traveling upwards so less force is needed to direct it away from goal.

We should keep an eye on Kadıoğlu, looks like a tidy little left back.

Ronaldo haters are having a terrible week.

Ronaldo to the next round and their hero Rangnick out of the tournament.
I like Ronaldo, believe that he should be a starter for Portugal and think that this forum as unfair to him. I also think that Ronaldo hasn’t been worse than others, such as Silva and Fernandes.

But Ronaldo has nothing to do with today’s game of Austria. No need to bring him into this discussion.

Turkey will beat Netherlands then?
Not unlikely. They're a pretty good team with plenty of fight which is something we lack. We don't tend to do well against these kinds of teams which was displayed in our defeat against Austria. If they do beat us I hope our police hand out big fines to every honking car in the country though. The "Dutch Turks" here always behave like complete and utter bellends after their great great great grandfathers country beats us (which is also them really, but not in their eyes). It's already a problem as it is with plenty of complaints on social media about their behaviour after every game Turkey have won this tournament, especially in the big cities. Just don't understand this need to be a cnut.

Obviously a good save, however:

He's lucky that it's such a lofted ball, meaning it's difficult to direct it with power. Heading it into the ground also means less pace and the ball is already traveling upwards so less force is needed to direct it away from goal.

Direction of a header is very difficult to react to from that range . It only needs a slight turn of the head , or an unclean contact to change the direction . You can only start processing that information after it's hit the forwards head . The amount of information that keeper has taken in and reacted to in a split second was fantastic.

There is autocorsos etc. in every city in old West Germany right now and Turkish fans being out on the street singing...

Not unlikely. They're a pretty good team with plenty of fight which is something we lack. We don't tend to do well against these kinds of teams which was displayed in our defeat against Austria. If they do beat us I hope our police hand out big fines to every honking car in the country though. The "Dutch Turks" here always behave like complete and utter bellends after their great great great grandfathers country beats us (which is also them really, but not in their eyes). It's already a problem as it is with plenty of complaints on social media about their behaviour after every game Turkey have won this tournament, especially in the big cities. Just don't understand this need to be a cnut.

I really think you'll beat them easily… They are nothing special but we managed to lose...

Edit: Deleted the second part. Was badly worded and wasn‘t intended to offend anyone and missed the point.. sry if did

Last edited:
I'm in love with the way the Dutch fans go crazy in their seas of orange. That's how you should show enthusiasm instead of being a cnut.

I really think you'll beat them easily… They are nothing special but we managed to lose...

The other thing is seen everywhere in Europe: Turks feeling such a strong bond to a country and culture in the third generation of living abroad is baffling. I get that they would cheer for them and engage in a bit of banter, but the over-the-top celebrations with car parades and whatever is seriously annoying.

What a ridiculous thing to be bitter about. I am a second generation Turk and still have a bond to Turkey even though I live here in England.

My dad was born in Turkey, I still have family in Turkey, I still celebrate Eid (and Christmas, don’t worry). Why wouldn’t I be happy that Turkey won, it’s a big deal for us as we are not a great footballing nation.

I don’t need you to tell me, or any one else for that matter, who associates with a culture / country that is different to the place they live in that it is strange or wrong.

You will never understand it and that’s fine, just carry on.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Last edited:
For whatever reason I decided to sleep in for Austria-Turkey (2am kick-off this part of the world). I seem to have missed a belter?

What a ridiculous thing to be bitter about. I am a second generation Turk and still have a bond to Turkey even though I live here in England.

I don’t need you to tell me, or any one else for that matter, who associates with a different culture other than the place they live in that it is wrong.

I never said it was wrong but it sometimes feels like a cult…

But yeah carry on

My dad was born in Turkey, I still have family in Turkey, I still celebrate Eid (and Christmas, don’t worry). Why wouldn’t I be happy that Turkey won, it’s a big deal for us as we are not a great footballing nation.

I don’t need you to tell me, or any one else for that matter, who associates with a culture / country that is different to the place they live in that it is strange or wrong.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.
Don't worry, you didn't need to justify yourself. It was a stupid point he made (if you can even call it a point)

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Well said. It's not like anyone's going round smashing stuff up. Turkey has been having a rough time lately so it's good there's something to bring a bit of joy. Congratulations.

Oh after this post I hope Turkey destroy you. Let the Dutch Turks paint the town red!

The other thing is seen everywhere in Europe: Turks feeling such a strong bond to a country and culture in the third generation of living abroad is baffling. I get that they would cheer for them and engage in a bit of banter, but the over-the-top celebrations with car parades and whatever is seriously annoying.
There's nothing wrong with identifying with your roots and origins more than the country you live in now. You can be raised a certain way with the customs, cultures and practices from one country even if you live elsewhere. If anything you hang on to it more strongly quite often.

So, the only traditionally top team not to reach the QF is Italy? France, Portugal, Spain, Germany, England and the Netherlands are through.

Of the top of my head, I don’t recall a tournament like this recently.

Can't see anything but dutch win on Saturday
Turkey would need to replicate this performance on Saturday. Not easy. But Turkey has done well in the past at the Euros, so it’s hard to know. Put together, the Dutch are the favorites.

Think people are overating the save a little bit. It was pretty straight at the keeper.

Very difficult save to make. The attacker heads the ball towards the post you’re moving away from and directs it downwards. It takes special reflexes to reach the ball with your hand.

Many regard this Schmeichel’s finest save. Some similarities for sure.

Last edited: