Round of 16 | France vs Belgium | Portugal vs Slovenia

Ronaldo will probably play until he's 46 or something. He wants to play with Cristianinho, LeBron style.

There is no way Martinez has the stones to drop Ronaldo. He’s like if you removed the tiny spine Southgate has and replaced it with a sun tan.

He does take him off from time to time.

Not like Ronaldo has ever been that amazing on free kicks so him just taking every single one instead of Fernandes or Silva is a real ego trip today.

I feel like I’ve been watching this second half for a week and we’re only halfway through.

Our earlier game was terrible, but I am glad not to be a Portuguese fan tonight

Portugal would be so much better if they benched Ronaldo - but he is too big for anyone to try that

I reckon Ronaldo might take their next corner to try a shot from there next.

Leao and Cancelo seem to have their fullbacks on toast every single time. Portugal need to play the ball wide asap and let them go one v one. They'll score eventually.

Thank feck we got rid of that cnut.

Surely this is a sort of inside joke now. There's just no scenario in the world where such behavior is respected in the team. Does he have nudes of Martinez? What is going on here @Sly ?

? He’s been brilliant for PSG and Portugal in 2024. Such a good metronome in midfield.
I have seen two good games from him in the CL. Other than that he’s always average. High volume passer but doesn’t control the game, side to side passes always, doesn’t impact that much, doesn’t score that much, doesn’t assist that much. Highly energetic, decent technique and runs alot. That’s about it.

Never heard of Nuno Mendes before but been so impressed with his play. Huge energy levels, popping up in all the right places and looks really good moving at pace with the ball.

The football on show in this tournament as been atrocious. Has anyone watched the copa America? If so is that better than this rubbish

Why do commentators continue to act like Ronaldo is dangerous from free kicks? Does he only have this reputation due to the Arsenal free kick (and some other ones from his early career)?

Last edited:
Surely this is a sort of inside joke now. There's just no scenario in the world where such behavior is respected in the team. Does he have nudes of Martinez? What is going on here @Sly ?
Ronaldo/Mendes are obviously far far bigger and have far greater status in the Portugal national team than Martinez (the actual manager) ever will