Rosenborg vs Manchester United (Mon 15th July, 17:00 UK time)

If Ten Hag has any compassion he'll get Murray off at half time, virtually every decent chance has come from him being nowhere near his man

I know it's only the first pre-season game, but not much positives to take from that besides Vitek and no injuries.

Am I the only one who thinks we would be behind if it would have been Onana in goal instead?

I know we lack fitness - but some of our players look like they haven't touched a ball for 3 years

Rashford certainly doesn't look like he's trained like a beast has he? Looks way off it so far. Mount and Vitek looking the sharpest for us with Hannibal and Rashford at the other end of the spectrum.

Interesting season ahead

hopefully these guys get sharp quick

Fellas have no football in their legs and they’re playing against a side halfway through their season.

If you expected the performance to look any different to this then you don’t understand how football works.

First game back is basically a fitness test...going up against a team half-way through their season is a leveller for sure.

Should definitely be considered for our number 2 spot this year. He's been the only bright spark in this team. Rashford, Mount and Casemiro have been anonymous.

I don't think that would be doing him any favours though. He needs games at this age and so if we can sort a decent loan for him that would be better for his development. If last season is any guide we won't be using our second choice other than maybe in 1 or 2 lesser cup games and that is a role better given to the likes of Bayindir or Heaton who don't seem to mind warming the bench for a paycheck.

I really want to go out now and buy a Paul Smith suit and a coffee machine.

Oh my days…the mutv adverts!! Wow

these pants are really comfy.
I like to spice things up with some stripes

I’ve just thrown up in my mouth

Can't help but feel sorry for the poor mugs who have paid good money to watch this.

Only caught the last 8 or so mins but that gave me flashbacks, it really did!

Fellas have no football in their legs and they’re playing against a side halfway through their season.

If you expected the performance to look any different to this then you don’t understand how football works.

I think controlling and passing a ball should still be possible.

Typical 1st pre-season game. Vitek was great. Nobody else did anything. Fitness levels low. Was hoping Rashford might look a bit sharper.

Rosenborg are bad tbh. Obviously far ahead in terms of fitness but lacking quality. Nympan definitely looked like the standout for them, which is good to see since we seem to have some interest in signing him.

Guessing we'll see a completely different xi in 2nd half.

I think controlling and passing a ball should still be possible.

Controlling and passing a ball in the park is one thing - and we’ve done plenty of that in the first half too.

Doing it at the pace required against professional footballers who are fully match fit is very different. Their legs just don’t have that match sharpness yet - you could see shoots of improvement even as the half developed and we’ll see more as preseason progresses.

Oh my days…the mutv adverts!! Wow

these pants are really comfy.
I like to spice things up with some stripes

I’ve just thrown up in my mouth
Did you spot the empty coffee cups everybody was pretending to drink from in the advert after it? Cups were blatantly empty and weightless.

Caveats about preseason and first game and kids aside, tactically we look as bad, if not worse than last season.

I can't help but feel sad when I see EtH standing on the touchline looking clueless and our players looking similarly confused. Long season ahead no matter who we sign I reckon.