Rosenborg vs Manchester United (Mon 15th July, 17:00 UK time)

Controlling and passing a ball in the park is one thing - and we’ve done plenty of that in the first half too.

Doing it at the pace required against professional footballers who are fully match fit is very different. Their legs just don’t have that match sharpness yet - you could see shoots of improvement even as the half developed and we’ll see more as preseason progresses.

I'm no where close to professional but did play some level of competitive club football, and even at that level, match sharpness is incredibly obvious. Everyone could ping and control balls during warm ups or pick up games, but it is incredibly different doing it at match speed with opponents who are quicker, stronger, and sharper than you, and you are out of breath from just getting into the correct positions on the pitch.

Caveats about preseason and first game and kids aside, tactically we look as bad, if not worse than last season.

I can't help but feel sad when I see EtH standing on the touchline looking clueless and our players looking similarly confused. Long season ahead no matter who we sign I reckon.
I doubt we went through any tactics for this game tbh. 1st couple games are always just about fitness

Controlling and passing a ball in the park is one thing - and we’ve done plenty of that in the first half too.

Doing it at the pace required against professional footballers who are fully match fit is very different. Their legs just don’t have that match sharpness yet - you could see shoots of improvement even as the half developed and we’ll see more as preseason progresses.

The defenders have passed it a bit between themselves but the standard im fromt of them has been terrible.

I've watched plenty of pre seasons, it doesn't have to be this bad.

Obviously it doesn't matter really, few if any of these will start for us.

some of the reactions to a first pre season game with a line up including Fish, Murray, Wheatley, Williams, Hannibal and Vitek :lol:

Its going to be a long season.

As always, I would encourage people to look back through pre season before some of our most and least successful seasons. Then calm down

some of the reactions to a first pre season game with a line up including Fish, Murray, Wheatley, Williams, Hannibal and Vitek :lol:

Its going to be a long season.

As always, I would encourage people to look back through pre season before some of our most and least successful seasons. Then calm down
Think many are just being tongue in cheek mate.

Even as first games of preseason go, this one is very early. There are lads who are only back from holiday for a few days at this stage.

Saw a bit of it. Usual poor touch of a first game, but some nice stuff.

Wheatley I think it was upfront outmuscling players is nice to see, this team seem to be going hard and most of the kids are still doing OK. Rashford looks what he is. Rusty as hell.

Caveats about preseason and first game and kids aside, tactically we look as bad, if not worse than last season.

I can't help but feel sad when I see EtH standing on the touchline looking clueless and our players looking similarly confused. Long season ahead no matter who we sign I reckon.
What exactly can you tell us about our tactics after the first half of the preseason? They have zero fitness and sharpness and half of them are youth players. It tells us nothing about anything.

Gotta take the difference in where we are into account but it’s not like it wasn’t a familiar performance.

We can't bring the ball forward from defence to midfield, at all. Casemiro, Hannibal and Mount just hiding.

I think this is the second post mentioning him, so I checked and wow the kid is 17?
We've been linked in the past, he's supposed to be the next big thing out of Norway. Was impressed by him.

He said it would be a dream to play for us a few days ago.

I think this is the second post mentioning him, so I checked and wow the kid is 17?

Apparently MU have been interested in him since last year. Waiting for him to turn 18 it seems, from the rumours.

Did you spot the empty coffee cups everybody was pretending to drink from in the advert after it? Cups were blatantly empty and weightless.
Hahaha…..but no. I had to walk away from it

hysterically bad acting

I honestly forgot we still had Hugill

Did I miss it or have MUTV not given us the second half team?