Rosenborg vs Manchester United (Mon 15th July, 17:00 UK time)

Not the game they played yesterday! You and I might have given them a game the way they were playing :lol:
True. But you could also say we made the city midfield look poor in the FA cup final as they wasn’t able to do anything. Even though there obviously quality players. I think that 17 year old is decent though in my opinion. And I’m sure he’s been linked with bigger teams before.

Still amazed that people are concerned that our reserves (if they can even be called that) got beaten....

Meh whatever dude. I'm not one to have a moan for moanings sake. Feel free to check my post history if you think that way. There's other players who had equally terrible games and you don't see me going off about them. I already agreed that it's foolish and is only reserved for our beloved Rashford.
:lol:

And as I keep repeating in this thread, I blame him for setting up that expectation in me. As a result I will judge him that much more harshly. Supremely fit my arse. Just looking a bit more sharper would have shut me up. But hey here's hoping he resembles a footballer again on Saturday.
Again, you're just deliberately misunderstanding match fitness with physical fitness so you can have a moan about a player you have an agenda against. It's silly.

Again, you're just deliberately misunderstanding match fitness with physical fitness so you can have a moan about a player you have an agenda against. It's silly.
Once again, Mount appeared significantly sharper despite having spent the majority of last season injured. Strangely, I didn't come across any articles from Mount boasting about he was supremely fit. Whether it's match fitness or physical conditioning, I will hold Rashford to a different standard solely due to his PR articles. It's not about having an agenda; it's simply about having higher expectations for Rashford, which naturally leads to more harsher judgments from me.

Alternatively, he could simply let his performance on the pitch speak for itself. Then, like with the other players, I would move on, dismissing it as just a meaningless pre-season game.

Once again, Mount appeared significantly sharper despite having spent the majority of last season injured. Strangely, I didn't come across any articles from Mount boasting about he was supremely fit. Whether it's match fitness or physical conditioning, I will hold Rashford to a different standard solely due to his PR articles. It's not about having an agenda; it's simply about having higher expectations for Rashford, which naturally leads to more harsher judgments from me.

Alternatively, he could simply let his performance on the pitch speak for itself. Then, like with the other players, I would move on, dismissing it as just a meaningless pre-season game.
If everyone isn't match fit then base levels of match fitness come into play. Some players need more football to get their touch back than others. Given Rashford is a dynamic explosive player and Mount is an endurance focused player I think you can start to see the difference.

And again, I don't think anyone believes you would move on to anything other than something else to hammer Rashford with. Agendas are agendas.

And again, I don't think anyone believes you would move on to anything other than something else to hammer Rashford with. Agendas are agendas.
Sure enough I will. But only if there's another PR article out by that time. If not, I don't give a single feck how he performs outside of competitive games. I just want him to perform well without all the off field distractions he brings himself. If that's having an agenda then yea sure, I have a huge agenda against Rashford.

Sure enough I will. But only if there's another PR article out by that time. If not, I don't give a single feck how he performs outside of competitive games. I just want him to perform well without all the off field distractions he brings himself. If that's having an agenda then yea sure, I have a huge agenda against Rashford.
Again, you're not doing much to convince me. I still think you're just looking for excuses to have a pop at a player you dislike.

Glad we can move on from the weird match fitness argument though.

Radek Vitek looks good from the highlights. made a couple of good saves to avoid an embarrassing scoreline.

Again, you're not doing much to convince me. I still think you're just looking for excuses to have a pop at a player you dislike.

Glad we can move on from the weird match fitness argument though.
I don't intend to convince you, nor do I harbor any dislike for Rashford. My point is simply that I may judge him more critically due to the high expectations set by PR articles. If there were no such articles, I would judge him similarly to other players, especially since it's just a meaningless pre-season game. Of course, others are free to form their own opinions. I hope this clears things up, but let's move forward from this topic.

I don't intend to convince you, nor do I harbor any dislike for Rashford. My point is simply that I may judge him more critically due to the high expectations set by PR articles. If there were no such articles, I would judge him similarly to other players, especially since it's just a meaningless pre-season game. Of course, others are free to form their own opinions. I hope this clears things up, but let's move forward from this topic.
I wasn't asking you too, I was highlighting that the disingenuous nature of your criticisms is suggestive of someone who has a problem with the player and wouldn't be kept silent just because nobody writes about him.
If you want to move on you are of course free too.

I've seen the whole game. Utd should've lost 4-0 or something. Rosenborg were the better team but finished poor. They had no luck, too. Hitting the post and the bar a couple times. Even the 1-0 was a lucky one in the dying seconds of the match

First pre season game, mainly kids.

However... Is it too much to ask for us to press higher/collectively as a team?

Or some passing patterns through midfield, rather than sidewards around the back four/keeper, then a hopeful hoof?

Will know better about the incoming season in the coming games with our actual first team all playing. 21 players got minutes, and only 4 were of the first team main squad, Hannibal doesn't count as first tea really. 4 of 21 and people are moaning.

suggestive of someone who has a problem with the player and wouldn't be kept silent just because nobody writes about him.
I suggested ages ago that you check my posting history if you think I would act in this manner. Would have saved us a lot of back and forth arguments. While I have criticized him in the past and will continue to do so whenever applicable(playing poorly), it has not been as incessantly as you seem to assume. :lol:

Will know better about the incoming season in the coming games with our actual first team all playing. 21 players got minutes, and only 4 were of the first team main squad, Hannibal doesn't count as first tea really. 4 of 21 and people are moaning.

True. Although I make it 5 (for now) - AWB, Evans, Casemiro, Mount, Rashford.

But the points the same - only 4 or 5 senior squad members were available.

It was still a disappointingly flat and timid performance from the group, but not a major worry given it was the first game back and so few senior players involved.

I suggested ages ago that you check my posting history if you think I would act in this manner. Would have saved us a lot of back and forth arguments. While I have criticized him in the past and will continue to do so whenever applicable(playing poorly), it has not been as incessantly as you seem to assume. :lol:
I did check your post history, absolutely nothing in it made me think my assessment was incorrect. That's why I have maintained the position.

I did check your post history, absolutely nothing in it made me think my assessment was incorrect. That's why I have maintained the position.
Jesus. So was it all me criticising Rashford to no end in all the threads? I have a mere 24 posts in his performance thread from last year which reached over 225 pages. Now I can see I engaged in a pointless conversation.Have a good day mate. :lol:

Can't read too much into this. The key for me is to understand the players mentality for the coming season.. Rashford, Casimero, Shaw, Maguire, Lindehof, Bruno... I'm not sure how enthused or inspired they are with ETH remaing. First few games are so, so important.

Jesus. So was it all me criticising Rashford to no end in all the threads? I have a mere 24 posts in his performance thread from last year which reached over 225 pages. Now I can see I engaged in a pointless conversation.Have a good day mate. :lol:
It was you clearly holding players to weirdly different standards. Which is pretty much the definition of having an agenda. I'm sorry that you don't like my opinion but it's weird behaviour.

It was you clearly holding players to weirdly different standards. Which is pretty much the definition of having an agenda. I'm sorry that you don't like my opinion but it's weird behaviour.
Only Rashford and I already made it clear why. Weird that you see me as some kind of incessant negative moaner who has nothing good to say even if he performs well. :lol:

First pre season game, mainly kids.

However... Is it too much to ask for us to press higher/collectively as a team?

Or some passing patterns through midfield, rather than sidewards around the back four/keeper, then a hopeful hoof?
Well we spent the whole season and didn't figure out those elements, not sure why that would've changed now or in the preseason in general. It's all about the players hitting form, I don't expect major improvements in tactics anytime soon.

Only Rashford and I already made it clear why. Weird that you see me as some kind of incessant negative moaner who has nothing good to say even if he performs well. :lol:
I'm pretty sure I've made it clear what my issues with your outlook is. I don't think your summary covers it especially well, but I think others will follow easily enough.

To those saying it's just the first season game, I get it. I think the worry for me is the pattern and style we saw before Arsenal towards the end of the season played out again with remarkable similarity.

By all means be slow, even a bit sloppy, but we were blasting long hopeful balls and bypassing the midfield again only to have it come straight back (looking at you Casemiro, but could be the instruction, as Bruno wasn't doing that at the Euros), there was the huge gap again, we always seemed outnumbered wherever we were on the pitch, Rashford and company giving the ball away in dangerous areas trying flicks that were not on and we were conceding chance after chance just like we did during last season, the almost identical sequences brought back the trauma! :lol:

In my years of watching United, I've seen us have many an underwhelming first game in pre-season, but to concede 22 shots? Surely that's a first. If Rosenborg were any good, they could easily have hit us for 8.
Have to hope the new assistants in the backroom can influence the style over the summer. Don't know much about Hake but I doubt Ruud would stand for such a style to be the norm and both were fairly successful as managers in their own right. But both have only recently joined so will take time for their influence to come through.

Rosenborgs games on the verge of being abandoned. Their fans keep chucking tennis balls on the pitch. What’s this in aid of? They protesting?

Rosenborgs games on the verge of being abandoned. Their fans keep chucking tennis balls on the pitch. What’s this in aid of? They protesting?
Protest against VAR. Several teams are doing it each round