Rosenborg vs Manchester United (Mon 15th July, 17:00 UK time)

Amass's side being targeted repeatedly. He's not done well which is disappointing. Hope he fixes his positioning. One of the players who has a chance at earning a spot

Amass looking like he'll go the way of all our other 'wunderkind' left backs of the last 10-15 years then

:lol: Rosenborg haven't been in Europe for ages and they are genuine relegation candidates this season.

They still should beat this United side handily considering the fitness difference.

The Amass kid needs to be sent on loan, he is not even close to first team football. Alvaro Fernandes was much better and had to go on loan

I don't think he's ready for a loan. He was in the U18s pretty much all of last season wasn't he?

:lol: Rosenborg haven't been in Europe for ages and they are genuine relegation candidates this season.

My Norwegian football radar is off it seems, they are obviously a historically great club though and any Top division team in Europe midway through their season should be handling what we have sent.

The Amass kid needs to be sent on loan, he is not even close to first team football. Alvaro Fernandes was much better and had to go on loan
Now we see why it's silly that people were asking for him to start last season. He's a good prospect but senior football is a different beast altogether. ETH did the right thing protecting him last season.

More than calm. Not saying I’m judging how the entire season is going to go by it, just that it resembled the sort of thing we got used to seeing last season with some of these players so it’s no surprise.
Yeah it quite surprising things haven’t improved considering all the time the players have had in training together since the last game of the season.

Now we see why it's silly that people were asking for him to start last season. He's a good prospect but senior football is a different beast altogether. ETH did the right thing protecting him last season.
Exactly. He only turned 17 back in March. He’s clearly not ready yet.

Rosenborg must be going for a record number of fouls in a friendly

Amass looking like he'll go the way of all our other 'wunderkind' left backs of the last 10-15 years then
Yeah definitely make judgements on a 17 year old playing his first minutes of adult football, in a pre season friendly when he’s unfit and playing with a thrown together squad. Your takes are continually awful.

They are halfway through their season and this is our first game with a load of kids. It’s gone exactly as I thought it would. We have a gem of a goalie though. Very impressive

Seems like the same performance as we are used to from last season. Let the opponents run through the midfield and have shots at your goal.

Sone of you lot writing Amass off already ffs, this place :lol:

They are halfway through their season and this is our first game with a load of kids. It’s gone exactly as I thought it would. We have a gem of a goalie though. Very impressive
You haven't seen Harrison yet. Proper modern goalkeeper that lad.

Seems like the same performance as we are used to from last season. Let the opponents run through the midfield and have shots at your goal.
That's not fair, they're running through the defence as well.

Why don't we put the players' names on the shirts for preseason friendlies? Some/most of these players will never get their competitive senior debut so it would be nice for them and their families. Budget constraints? What is it, $2 per letter, average of 9 letters per player, 2 shirts per player, 25 players on the trip = $900. FFP is killing us.
Don't.

Sone of you lot writing Amass off already ffs, this place :lol:

It's the match day thread, what do you expect.

Although to be fair, he's closer to being written off than what many had expected him to be a first team option i.e both massive reaches.