Rodri | ACL tear, out for the rest of the season? Yes

Shame for him. He’s a great player, and not one there is any particular reason to dislike. Will impact City quite a bit, until the transfer window at least.

Surprised people seem to like Rodri so much, especially on a United forum. He's always come across as a complete cnut on the pitch, immensely detestable, same ilk as Walker and Bernardo Silva for me. He spends 95% of any given match on the floor in apparent agony at any slight contact yet when he's the one dishing out the fouls he's immune from being penalised.

Surprised people seem to like Rodri so much, especially on a United forum. He's always come across as a complete cnut on the pitch, immensely detestable, same ilk as Walker and Bernardo Silva for me. He spends 95% of any given match on the floor in apparent agony at any slight contact yet when he's the one dishing out the fouls he's immune from being penalised.
This is more like it.

People tend to appreciate great players and he seems to be able to make 103 successful passes per roughly 4,5 minutes that he apparently stays on his feet during each game. That's like 22 passes per minute, insane.

They are looking pretty thin between Rodri's injury and not replacing Haaland. They really only have 16 outfield players Pep trusts and six of them are over 30 while another two are 20 or younger. That's not a lot of prime age players to absorb the grind of a relentless season of playing twice a week for months on end. Other guys might emerge. Bobb looked good in preseason, maybe they'll give McAtee a real chance. But those are largely unknowns.

The fixture list is just relentless for the rest of the fall. Its basically twice a week for the next three months for clubs playing in Europe and who don't crash out immediately in the League Cup.

People need to see that clip of him shoving Licha to the ground off the ball in the FA Cup Final, which of course he wasn't penalized for. Shows what he's all about.

People tend to appreciate great players and he seems to be able to make 103 successful passes per roughly 4,5 minutes that he apparently stays on his feet during each game. That's like 22 passes per minute, insane.
Maybe I'm old fashioned but this wanking off our most hated rivals' players is nauseating.

Very much a recent and online thing, go to the Bishop Blaize or the Trafford on derby day and talk about how amazing Rodri and De Bruyne are, you'll get laughed all the way back to insane asylum and rightly so. You think the Scousers or City fans would have the same adulation for Rooney or Keane? Give me a break, our online fanbase has 0 self-respect.

Wouldn't wish it on anyone and for his sake I hope he has avoided a serious one, he's just a top class player.

Been on the pitch when a few lads have done this, it's horrible. Regular diving knobheads throwing themselves to the ground pretending to be hurt is so fecking obvious. When someone does something serious you can see it straight away by their reaction, they don't do 57 rolls and lie there screaming and slapping the ground looking for a free kick.

Fair play, you were right, of course and almost always. Hoping he comes back in good shape, there are so few clear superstars in the game already and we are going to miss a top 3 Ballon d’Or contender (or maybe top 1 now?).

Edit: ok I can see our hosts do not like us, non-United fans, liking Rodri. Got it.

Edit 2: as a Juventus fan, I have a particular reason to like him, though. :)

100 times this. feck him, glad he’s done for the year

A pity for him. Him and Ter Stegen out for months. Are players really get injured more often now?

Hope for a speedy recovery. Playing in the championship next sesson should help him to regain confidence after some months out.

Poor bloke. After a few sessions with Dr Cugat he might be out for as long as 3 weeks.

Huge blow, one of the best players currently and the best midfielder. He was at his peak and i had him in the top 2 for the ballon d or. Well that's that then, was nice watching him, doubt he will be on the same level once he is back.

A pity for him. Him and Ter Stegen out for months. Are players really get injured more often now?

Hope for a speedy recovery. Playing in the championship next sesson should help him to regain confidence after some months out.
What, two random examples?

He cheated last year against us at Old Trafford with a pathetic feigned dive which VAR brought back for a penalty over 3 minutes later.

Rivalry aside, you hope that he as an individual will be able to return to the same level. An incredible player.

A huge blow to City. I think Arsenal already had the advantage before this but this is a big shift.

Rivalry aside, you hope that he as an individual will be able to return to the same level. An incredible player.

A huge blow to City. I think Arsenal already had the advantage before this but this is a big shift.
Yes, i dont enjoy seeing players going down, even from the club I despise the mostand a rival for the title. Hope, he comes back healthy and is sold to Real. Fantastic player.

This is exactly the sort of thing that never happens to City.

Edit: also they'll just buy someone in the summer I'm guessing.

Is there another Rodri kicking around? I imagine many teams would have been interested if there was

It'll be mentioned constantly when they have indifferent results.

When we were ravaged last season we were just bantered for being shit.

Can’t stand the miserable cnut myself. Anyway, wishing a healthy and full recovery to him.

There’s a great meme in there somewhere.
Rodri going off injured and Oliver in City kit warming up.
HVYOR1727125944.jpg

Tried my best

Spot on.

Still wishing him the best in a full recovery.

Fair play, you were right, of course and almost always. Hoping he comes back in good shape, there are so few clear superstars in the game already and we are going to miss a top 3 Ballon d’Or contender (or maybe top 1 now?).

Edit: ok I can see our hosts do not like us, non-United fans, liking Rodri. Got it.

Edit 2: as a Juventus fan, I have a particular reason to like him, though. :)

I don't like anything about City, but I'm not really going to celebrate him being out injured. He's a great player, I'd rather he just started playing shit, even just for a while.

I don't remember Rodri ever being a cnut. Does his participate in sniveling and jamming the referee at every conceivable opportunity? Of course, but is he any worse than Bruno in the dark arts? I don't think so. Maybe I'm wrong but to me Rodri does what many others play do these days.