Rodri | ACL tear, out for the rest of the season? Yes

Barcelona just got rid of Gundogan because they couldn't afford him. No way Rodri goes there, they're too broke.
Players recently have lowered their wages to play for Barcelona. They have Lewandowski on like 500k per week too. Don't see why they can't afford Rodri.

How big is this loss ?
He is good but they have Kovacivic , Nunnes and Gundogan to play there .. who are decent ..
I think they will still win the league with the form Halland is on.
If he is injured, then they have a problem

Those three are basically three different types of midfielders and none of them are that similar to Rodri. They can't directly replace him.

Players recently have lowered their wages to play for Barcelona. They have Lewandowski on like 500k per week too. Don't see why they can't afford Rodri.
Barcelona are flying. Flick's system doesn't need a Rodri.

Lewandowski, Yamal, Raphinha and Olmo are all on fire.

They're waiting for Frenkie and Gavi to recover. Those two will play in the double pivot along with Pedri.

How big is this loss ?
He is good but they have Kovacivic , Nunnes and Gundogan to play there .. who are decent ..
I think they will still win the league with the form Halland is on.
If he is injured, then they have a problem
They had Kovacic and Nunes last year too. They fell apart without Rodri. Gundogan they brought back partly because Kovacic and Nunes proved below par for them, and he can replace Rodri in possession, but not out of possession

It's a massive loss

don't forget he plays for the scum. but despite that, he's absolutely class and the player I respect most in that City team
Absolutely, he reminds me of Matic when he first came to Chelsea - huge, immovable, but with a better sense of positioning and passing.

He’ll be massively missed by city, he’s one player they just can’t replicate

I think this opens up the title race a lot more than people realise. They don't have a natural replacement in the squad, so we're basically about to see a lot of weird tinkering from Guardiola. That usually means dropped points and being knocked out against underdogs. That #6 position is everything to his gameplan.

Massive blow for them. He would be my pick for the best player in the world last season.

I think this opens up the title race a lot more than people realise. They don't have a natural replacement in the squad, so we're basically about to see a lot of weird tinkering from Guardiola. That usually means dropped points and being knocked out against underdogs. That #6 position is everything to his gameplan.
They might spend money in January ?

Being reported as ligament damage currently.

Still reckon he will be back in a few weeks.
Didn't look like an ACL at all to me. He just seemed to jar it, strangely while he was in the first phase of looking to dive. At most major bruising on the ligament and he's back in 2 months.

They might spend money in January ?
It's not clear if they'll be able to in January. Even if they do, I doubt anyone is coming straight into the side and playing anywhere near as well as Rodri. He himself took about a season to acclimatise.

Didn't look like an ACL at all to me. He just seemed to jar it, strangely while he was in the first phase of looking to dive. At most major bruising on the ligament and he's back in 2 months.
Trying to jinx it eh? Understandable.

Anyone would think a top team has never lost an important player the way this is being covered. The way Pep is talking, I’d be surprised if he wasn’t back before Xmas.

It's not clear if they'll be able to in January. Even if they do, I doubt anyone is coming straight into the side and playing anywhere near as well as Rodri. He himself took about a season to acclimatise.

If there’s a Rodri equivalent out there, just waiting to be signed in January, then we missed a trick that’s for damn sure!

Anyone would think a top team has never lost an important player the way this is being covered. The way Pep is talking, I’d be surprised if he wasn’t back before Xmas.
I think it’s only getting so much coverage because City lost something like 1 game out of the last 76 when Rodri played and 40% of the games when he didn’t. Something crazy like that. So it’s the only absentee where there is a massive statistical drop off in their performance. And with them winning 4 titles in a row, starting to look like 5, it has the potential to actually upset the predictable juggernaut that is Pep’s system. People are starting to wonder if we might have a genuine title race and a new champion.

If they struggle without Rodri a big deal will be made out of it. We had our best defenders out for most of last season but it wasn’t aloud to be an excuse. They’ve got good enough cover anyway.

Mad to think that might be the last time he kicks a ball for City dependent on the outcome of the investigation.

Brilliant player, presume he will go to Barcelona if the worst happens to City.
Think he plays for Real Madrid before he finishes up, also think he’ll be miraculously back for the business end of the season, minus his last remaining semblance of eyebrows

He's out for the season? oh dear
giphy.gif

Oh nooooooooooooooo.....

(Wish you a full recovery and see you in White next season champ ;) )

Not his biggest fan, far from it, but I wish the lad a speedy recovery

I just had a complete ACL tear, not fun at all, I wish I were a professional and get a surgery right away but no, I have to wait 6-9 months....
That sucks. Did it hurt as much as people say? What are you able to do in the meantime? Can you walk at all. Footballers sometimes still manage to hobble off the pitch after an ACL.

That sucks. Did it hurt as much as people say? What are you able to do in the meantime? Can you walk at all. Footballers sometimes still manage to hobble off the pitch after an ACL.
The pain was insane for the first 5 minutes but after I was able to dance to another song ( probably because I was drunk). The first 3 days of walking were painful but now after 1 month and a half, I have a normal life ( without sports). I was lucky I didnt damage the meniscus but my knee is still a little bit swollen after all this time.

I just had a complete ACL tear, not fun at all, I wish I were a professional and get a surgery right away but no, I have to wait 6-9 months....
6 to 9 months ?! Where do you live ? Is it because it's an ACL ? When i teared my meniscus i got a surgery date 3 weeks later.