Rodri | ACL tear, out for the rest of the season? Yes

City will be more vulnerable defensively and especially in the air on set pieces with smaller players covering Rodri - unless its Stones playing DM. And whoever replaces him isnt going to score 8 league goals from a deeper midfield position

However it'll be on the other teams to make use of those vulnerabilities. City might get away with it if Gundogen can do what he was doing before he left.

If there's any justice, that will be his last game for City. He won't want to play in the non league.

With our luck, he leaves City when they get relegated, we somehow manage to sign him, but then after this injury he becomes a shadow of his former self and never looks the same again :lol:

City have the strongest squad in the league. No excuses if they can’t adapt to losing Rodri.

Shame for the lad, hate to see bad injuries.

That said I hope it has a hugely detrimental effect on City. Pity we won't be the ones to take advantage.

This is exactly the sort of thing that never happens to City.

Edit: also they'll just buy someone in the summer I'm guessing.

Last edited:
Real shame for city and their fans, I'm gutted for them, and for rodri too - hes such a clean player. Hopefully he comes back stronger and city manage to reshuffle the pack

Injuries are horrible on anyone so I wish him the best.

However, if Guardiola has the same guts & balls to continue working with Man City then he can 'make' a Rodri replacement within 2 seasons easily.

Guardiola's players aren't just good through natural ability - they are just coached & trained exceptionally well so they turn in to legends like xavi, iniesta, de Bruyne, rodri etc who go up another level unser Guardiola

Good luck to him, can come back and play just as good or go to Saudi if he wants to call it a day.

Massive blow to City, their best player imo. Makes them tick.

the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

@SER19 is getting around the rules against celebrating someone's injury by sarcastically saying it's sad.

No that's not true. Acl injuries are horrible and nothing to celebrate. Plenty of our best players have suffered them. I hope he rehabs well.

Separately its gutting for city and their fans, I feel for them

@SER19 is getting around the rules against celebrating someone's injury by sarcastically saying it's sad.

You can be happy about City's title chances being hurt without celebrating an injury to a specific player. I don't wish injury on anyone but I'm pleased City will be knocked down a peg this season.

Well, he'll certainly get his rest that he was moaning about now.

What will City do without his tactical fouls that the ref curiously misses every single game?

Brutal for City. With this, you've really got to finish Arsenal's chances of leading the title race for much of the season before narrowly finishing 2nd.

Not a surprise it's a big one, you could see with his reaction that he did real damage. Kovacic is not a bad replacement; they could also recall Kalvin Phillips in January or give some minutes to Kalvin Nunes.

The record without him playing speaks for itself. They have an excellent squad so will be there or thereabouts (well 115 charges) but that’s a massive blow for them