Rodri | ACL tear, out for the rest of the season? Yes

I don't remember Rodri ever being a cnut. Does his participate in sniveling and jamming the referee at every conceivable opportunity? Of course, but is he any worse than Bruno in the dark arts? I don't think so. Maybe I'm wrong but to me Rodri does what many others play do these days.
Exactly, and the reason people don’t like him is he’s fecking miles better at it than everyone else

Hate seeing a player of his caliber go down like that, even if he does play for City. For his sake I hope he comes back just as strong.

Wonder if Madrid will still be willing to pay big money for him now...

Bet city regret not getting an understudy for him now. Huge loss for them.

Not to mention that they don't have a single striker other than Haaland in their squad, and he is typically good for missing at least a handful of matches every season through injury...

Failing to sign a backup striker after getting all of that money for Alvarez was very odd.

Hate seeing a player of his caliber go down like that, even if he does play for City. For his sake I hope he comes back just as strong.

Wonder if Madrid will still be willing to pay big money for him now...
Uwah, likewise. Don’t feel for City, but feel for Rodri. He had a fenomenal European Championship, so it’s ups and downs.

Be interesting to see the stats on the number of professional fouls committed across the league at the end of the season. I predict it will drop by half now this cheating prick is out.

Thinking about it, probably not as he somehow gets away with 99% of them.

Weird injury that one, looking at the replay I would had never imagined a ACL injury. There's no contact, at least not a significative one to cause it. Really strange.

Be interesting to see the stats on the number of professional fouls committed across the league at the end of the season. I predict it will drop by half now this cheating prick is out.

Did you see that clip of him shoving Licha into the ground in the FA Cup Final? Conveniently ignored/not seen by the referee, so no punishment. Just unreal.

There was an interview I read in 2019 where he spoke all about how Pep taught him tactical fouling. Prick.

Surprised people seem to like Rodri so much, especially on a United forum. He's always come across as a complete cnut on the pitch, immensely detestable, same ilk as Walker and Bernardo Silva for me. He spends 95% of any given match on the floor in apparent agony at any slight contact yet when he's the one dishing out the fouls he's immune from being penalised.

I agree. He's a cnut and every game his hidden aggression shows itself a few times. Still gets portrayed as some humble, kind guy by the media which is then lapped up even by United fans.

Bernardo and Walker are cnuts too

I think people here are really overreacting about the impact of Rodri’s injury on their title chances.

Sure, they’ll struggle for the next 3 months and end up behind us by several points by the end of the year. But then they’ll get a £300 Mn sponsorship deal from a company that sells air conditioners in Abu Dhabi (established in Oct 2024) and they’ll spend it on Tchouameni or Zubimendi before going on a 19 game winning run to win the league.

I think people here are really overreacting about the impact of Rodri’s injury on their title chances.

Sure, they’ll struggle for the next 3 months and end up behind us by several points by the end of the year. But then they’ll get a £300 Mn sponsorship deal from a company that sells air conditioners in Abu Dhabi (established in Oct 2024) and they’ll spend it on Tchouameni or Zubimendi before going on a 19 game winning run to win the league.
There must be someone ready to roll off the conveyor at one of their foreign branches. Can’t they pull another Savinho out the bag for a totally fair and above board fee?

Unfortunately for him, given his age, I’m not sure he’ll ever be the same player once he comes back, these ACLs are nasty injuries.

Just depends on how bad it is. Roy Keane did his at a similar age and came back an absolute beast for the next 4 or 5 years. Obviously the medical side of things has gotten much better, but the game probably requires longer periods of sustained intensity now.

Like VVD, He'll be alright, even with a 10% drop off Rodri is still miles ahead of anyone in that position.

Please please please please. Make this happen

Mad to think that might be the last time he kicks a ball for City dependent on the outcome of the investigation.

Brilliant player, presume he will go to Barcelona if the worst happens to City.

Mad to think that might be the last time he kicks a ball for City dependent on the outcome of the investigation.

Brilliant player, presume he will go to Barcelona if the worst happens to City.
Barcelona just got rid of Gundogan because they couldn't afford him. No way Rodri goes there, they're too broke.

Barcelona just got rid of Gundogan because they couldn't afford him. No way Rodri goes there, they're too broke.

City hasn’t yet, afaik, confirmed the seriousness of Rodri’s injury. If it is an ACL, he’ll obviously be out for the season. He’ll be 29 by the start of next season and you have to wonder if he’ll be the same player.

Nice one but seriously, it’ll be interesting what the outcome of the 115 charge investigation will be which will be known, I believe before Christmas.

He knows something we dont. He said a strike is close and then he gets injured. Wouldny surprise me to see him showing up in ManUtd spandex when the 115 charges are announced on live television.

How big is this loss ?
He is good but they have Kovacivic , Nunnes and Gundogan to play there .. who are decent ..
I think they will still win the league with the form Halland is on.
If he is injured, then they have a problem

Hate his injury but totally agree with the above. He's a pep tactical fouling machine.

City won’t miss him in the league they end up beating most teams easily anyway bar the top 3/4 teams but they’ll miss him in CL in the knockout stages

Maybe. They still always seem to find some money from somewhere when needed. If city get a proper spanking from these charges then it could be a fire sale with players like Rodri going on the cheap I'd imagine.