Rodri | ACL tear, out for the rest of the season? Yes

They have decent replacements for Rodri - even if a few levels behind in quality. Who can they replace Haaland with ?
They'd go back to playing a frontline of completely interchangeable midgets and scoring more than they do with Haaland.

City would have to adapt their play without Haaland, to get more goals from their wingers/mids. This is not easy at all however they have done it before pre-Haaland, and I wouldnt bet against Pep being able to do it. However, they previously had the likes of Alvarez, Sterling, Sane, Jesus, Aguero etc. Of the current regulars only Foden looks like a consistent goal threat so they'd need a couple others to step up like Doku, Savinho, Grealish etc. Bernardo and De Bruyne score a bit, but the latter's goal threat seems to be on the decline.

Rodri is pivotal for City - literally and metaphorically - and possibly harder to replace. It's the most undervalued role in football IMO.

This is likely a lot more consequential than dropping a couple of points against us. Hate to see it.

Put it this way, I would rather have lost yesterday if I could have chosen. Best midfielder in the world.

The sympathy might be enough to give him the Ballon d'Or if he didn't have it locked in already.

That’s a weird, unprompted post. Reads like you’re almost trying to convince yourself you’re not happy with this.

Sorry, it wasn't in response to what was posted on here, i made the mistake of going through X and just found the celebratory GIFs and such getting posted unsavoury.

That's sad for him. I might have been a bit harsh on him yesterday thinking he went down way too easily looking for a penalty. Still good news for the rest of the league as City aren't going to be as dominant without him.

Think City lost all the 3 games he missed last season in the PL.

So what we're saying is, we want their 100 point deduction to be next season now and not this one.
Surely it's unfair to give a deduction half way through the season anyway.

So what we're saying is, we want their 100 point deduction to be next season now and not this one.
I don't want them to get a points deduction, I want them relegated to the 6th tier.

It's going to be next season anyway, if not simply because they'll appeal which'll take ages.

Congratulations to Arsenal on winning the league

Shame we couldn't put our a shite together early and put on a title challenge, it's the year for it

What a shame. He's been as a clutch (hate using the word) a player as there has been in the last few years. Even during the match yesterday when City weren't able to break Arsenal down, I was thinking that this would be the time Rodri would have got one of his critical goals.

The thing with great managers is they adapt. Pep will change his tactics to account for not having Rodri.

Ours on the other hand...
You can only adapt so much, but inevitably losing the best player in the world in his position is going to have a big impact..

Think they’ll be mostly fine without him. Kovacic doesn’t have the passing quality that Rodri has but in terms of his ability to receive and retain the ball in tight areas he’s one of the best around. And in terms of carry the ball between the lines Kova is world class as I witness during his time here at Chelsea.

Gündogan falling back into their lap also looks even better now. They’ll be fine. If they get a significant injury to any other CM though they may be in trouble.