Rodri | ACL tear, out for the rest of the season? Yes

Big injury for a 28/29 year old player who is quite dynamic.

Could be curtains.
Think curtains is unlikely but doubt he's back fit and firing at the start of next season given the meniscus damage on top of the ACL. Van Dijk had the same injury at a similar age and it took him almost 2 years to get back to the same level (at what is almost certainly a less demanding position).

Though I don't wish injury on any player and I hope he fully recovers for his own sake, it's nice to finally see a spanner thrown into the works of Pep's perfect machine.

Though I don't wish injury on any player and I hope he fully recovers for his own sake, it's nice to finally see a spanner thrown into the works of Pep's perfect machine.

As if De Bruyne didn't have his fair share of injuries over the years and Haaland didn't miss a lengthly period last season...

As if De Bruyne didn't have his fair share of injuries over the years and Haaland didn't miss a lengthly period last season...
Yes, but didn't they go on some absurd 76 game winning streak with Rodri in the team, and lost several of the PL games they played without him?

Yes, but didn't they go on some absurd 76 game winning streak with Rodri in the team, and lost several of the PL games they played without him?

Probably a non-losing streak rather than a win streak.

Still, the idea that Pep's perfect machine never faced big obstacles is wrong.

Probably a non-losing streak rather than a win streak.

Still, the idea that Pep's perfect machine never faced big obstacles is wrong.

This is true but the difference between their record with/without Rodri is so stark he’ll be a bigger loss than those other players.

Not to mention that I’m fairly sure De Bruyne’s most injured seasons tended to be seasons when City fell short in the league?