Gaming Resident Evil 2 (PC, all good consoles & Xbox) - £8.74 on PS Store

Completed it, really enjoyed this game. Ada's segment was very poor though I have to say, thankfully it was very short. All in all a fantastic experience, looking forward to Claire's run-through, and then I'll probably look at Platinuming the game.

Couple of minor annoyances;

- Why can't you just drop items on the floor and pick them up at a later date? It's odd to have to fully discard them and thus making them disappear. I get it aligns with inventory management, but you should be able to drop some ammo for example then come and pick it up at a later date. Very minor issue as item boxes are in abundance.
- When you have the flamethrower and shotgun, only one of them appears on Leon's back which I found really annoying. Why not show both? Having a shotgun appear out of thin air was a bit stupid. They managed this in RE5 so not sure why they couldn't do it here.

Completed it, really enjoyed this game. Ada's segment was very poor though I have to say, thankfully it was very short. All in all a fantastic experience, looking forward to Claire's run-through, and then I'll probably look at Platinuming the game.

Couple of minor annoyances;

- Why can't you just drop items on the floor and pick them up at a later date? It's odd to have to fully discard them and thus making them disappear. I get it aligns with inventory management, but you should be able to drop some ammo for example then come and pick it up at a later date. Very minor issue as item boxes are in abundance.
- When you have the flamethrower and shotgun, only one of them appears on Leon's back which I found really annoying. Why not show both? Having a shotgun appear out of thin air was a bit stupid. They managed this in RE5 so not sure why they couldn't do it here.
Dropping things on the floor didn't work too well in 0.

Thinking back on it, I think Ada felt out of place in it all. For a start she's sneaking around in giant heels and wearing sunglasses... indoors.... at night. Then her bizarre survivability just feels off. She's kind of the weak point of the story.

Dropping things on the floor didn't work too well in 0.

Thinking back on it, I think Ada felt out of place in it all. For a start she's sneaking around in giant heels and wearing sunglasses... indoors.... at night. Then her bizarre survivability just feels off. She's kind of the weak point of the story.

I didn't mind it in 0 in all honesty.

And agreed about Ada, but she's always been a bit of an OTT character.

I'm hoping that with this re-imagining they do Code Veronica and 3 then ignore the rest of the canon, maybe even ignore Code Veronica too. It went downhill the more over the top it got. Tone Ada down and move forward with it being survival horror rather than the cartwheeling, suplexing and all that Las Plagas craziness.

Halfway through Leon's campaign and to me it's already better than Claire's (which I completed yesterday). The Tyrant is going to be a major complication in me getting the platinum. I waste so much time running from him and the Lickers when health and ammo supplies are low. I know you can just walk past the Lickers but if there's Tyrant or zombies in the room too then it's impossible.

Halfway through Leon's campaign and to me it's already better than Claire's (which I completed yesterday). The Tyrant is going to be a major complication in me getting the platinum. I waste so much time running from him and the Lickers when health and ammo supplies are low. I know you can just walk past the Lickers but if there's Tyrant or zombies in the room too then it's impossible.

I was running in the corridor just before the dark room and I had a locker, zombie and the Tyrant all coming for me :lol: shat myself.

Completed Claire's second run through, enjoyed it and seeing the true ending and the bosses that come with it was fun.

Just had a go on Fourth Survivor, got twatted but I thought the music that accompanied it was class.

Will do Claire A and Leon B this week.

Completed Claire's second run through, enjoyed it and seeing the true ending and the bosses that come with it was fun.

Just had a go on Fourth Survivor, got twatted but I thought the music that accompanied it was class.

Will do Claire A and Leon B this week.

I’ve done Claire A and Leon A and doing the B stuff soon. I started Claire B last night and made some god awful decisions and ammo wastes and got killed early without saving. Does the B scenario differ much with cutscenes?

I’ve done Claire A and Leon A and doing the B stuff soon. I started Claire B last night and made some god awful decisions and ammo wastes and got killed early without saving. Does the B scenario differ much with cutscenes?

Yeah there's a fair few different ones. Don't want to say too much as I'll ruin it for you.

What awful decisions did you make?

Yeah there's a fair few different ones. Don't want to say too much as I'll ruin it for you.

What awful decisions did you make?

Just lots of ammo wastes/poor aiming and trying be too clever in sneaking past enemies when it really wasn’t on.

I know we get nostalgic about old games but this also helped me realise how we take for granted things in games these days like good inventory and weapon storage. Having to drop an item forever to make room was annoying. Also only getting the full slots right towards the end of the game. Plus it felt pretty short and the only way to get more out of it is to play essentially the same thing immediately over again and maybe changing people's costumes which I've no interest in.

Enjoyed it while it lasted but for the money...eh.

I know we get nostalgic about old games but this also helped me realise how we take for granted things in games these days like good inventory and weapon storage. Having to drop an item forever to make room was annoying. Also only getting the full slots right towards the end of the game. Plus it felt pretty short and the only way to get more out of it is to play essentially the same thing immediately over again and maybe changing people's costumes which I've no interest in.

The duration of it is exactly the reason I bought a physical copy. Will be able to sell it on and get around half my cash back when the time comes.

The duration of it is exactly the reason I bought a physical copy. Will be able to sell it on and get around half my cash back when the time comes.

I was lazy and downloaded it :(

You don't have to drop it forever though, just stick it in an item box. I share the frustration of not being able to drop an item and pick it back up, but the inventory management is crucial to the survival horror element. If you can carry all or most of your things then it just becomes a bit too easy. Managing which weapons to carry, which healing items to hold onto aswell as the items you needs to progress in the game is all part of the fun and adds a huge amount of tension.

I agree with regards the price, £42 for a relatively short game is a tad steep. That said there is Leon A/Claire B and Claire A/Leon B, plus Fourth Survivor and Tofu modes. It's whether you are that way inclined to play through the game again.

I do love it though, let's not lose sight of the fact that this wasn't a new game, this was a re-imaginining of a now 21 year old game. I think they've done a brilliant job of it.

You don't have to drop it forever though, just stick it in an item box. I share the frustration of not being able to drop an item and pick it back up, but the inventory management is crucial to the survival horror element. If you can carry all or most of your things then it just becomes a bit too easy. Managing which weapons to carry, which healing items to hold onto aswell as the items you needs to progress in the game is all part of the fun and adds a huge amount of tension.

I agree with regards the price, £42 for a relatively short game is a tad steep. That said there is Leon A/Claire B and Claire A/Leon B, plus Fourth Survivor and Tofu modes. It's whether you are that way inclined to play through the game again.

I do love it though, let's not lose sight of the fact that this wasn't a new game, this was a re-imaginining of a now 21 year old game. I think they've done a brilliant job of it.

Yeah they've done a great job of it but I guess I'm so used to how games are these days it didn't feel worth the money.

In terms of dropping things I was fine with putting things in an item box but sometimes I really needed an item and had no choice but to discard something because I had loads of key items on me and the nearest box was ages away. It could have just stayed on the floor but it just goes forever instead. Also I found it annoying that you'd get stuck before a boss battle with awful health. I was basically one hit from death every time I started the fight with G in the Nest. Took me like 6 tries to finally get past him without him hitting me and getting a herb. I know it's challenging and I did eventually beat him without being touched but I'm not one of those Dark Souls loving super difficulty people. I like to enjoy my games. However I am stubborn and refused to lower the difficulty to beat him.

Yeah they've done a great job of it but I guess I'm so used to how games are these days it didn't feel worth the money.

In terms of dropping things I was fine with putting things in an item box but sometimes I really needed an item and had no choice but to discard something because I had loads of key items on me and the nearest box was ages away. It could have just stayed on the floor but it just goes forever instead. Also I found it annoying that you'd get stuck before a boss battle with awful health. I was basically one hit from death every time I started the fight with G in the Nest. Took me like 6 tries to finally get past him without him hitting me and getting a herb. I know it's challenging and I did eventually beat him without being touched but I'm not one of those Dark Souls loving super difficulty people. I like to enjoy my games. However I am stubborn and refused to lower the difficulty to beat him.

You definitely reduced it down to assisted mode :lol:

Im really enjoying playing this game but it shouldnt cost as much as it did. It kinda takes the shine off the game for me

Im really enjoying playing this game but it shouldnt cost as much as it did. It kinda takes the shine off the game for me

It would be interesting to see how much Capcom have spent to produce this game.

Personally I don't mind paying a bit more for a game like this. If it's profitable they'll maybe look at doing the same for other Resi titles.

It would be interesting to see how much Capcom have spent to produce this game.

Personally I don't mind paying a bit more for a game like this. If it's profitable they'll maybe look at doing the same for other Resi titles.

I feel that it shouldnt have costed me the price of a brand new game. It should be around half price. But it looks fantastic in 4k and the sound is amazing in 5.1 so I dont feel too bad :)

I don't see why this should have been cheaper than something like FIFA. I feel it was well worth the price given the quality and replayability. I'd take short quality over bloated boredom any day. Just because Assasins Creed takes 10x as long to complete doesn't make it better value when most of that time is a bit shit.

I've gotten very selective about the big time sink games I invest in now though. I just don't have the time unless it's genuinely great.

You definitely reduced it down to assisted mode :lol:

Nah I just shouted at my TV instead. I had like 3 bullets left so shot one of the eyes and sprinted past. Ammo scattered around helped a lot after that.

I don't see why this should have been cheaper than something like FIFA. I feel it was well worth the price given the quality and replayability. I'd take short quality over bloated boredom any day. Just because Assasins Creed takes 10x as long to complete doesn't make it better value when most of that time is a bit shit.

I've gotten very selective about the big time sink games I invest in now though. I just don't have the time unless it's genuinely great.

Yeah FIFA is a joke to be fair.

Made Leon B so much easier for myself than Claire B by not activating Mr. X until absolutely necessary. Didn't realise where he shows up on Claire's playthrough so I had him chasing me very early on. Much more relaxed this time :lol:

Made Leon B so much easier for myself than Claire B by not activating Mr. X until absolutely necessary. Didn't realise where he shows up on Claire's playthrough so I had him chasing me very early on. Much more relaxed this time :lol:

This. Discovered that today, just keep away from where he shows up for as along as possible and do everything else on the map. It made life a lot easier.

Does he show up much earlier? I was about to start Claire B until I read this and now I don't want to activate him until I absolutely have to.