Gaming Resident Evil 2 (PC, all good consoles & Xbox) - £8.74 on PS Store

If only B Scenarios weren't done so half-arsed, it would be almost perfect remake, too bad.

Finally bought this last week. What a great game. They've really done a tremendous job here.

I've completed it with Leon and now going through it with Claire. Gonna try and Platinum the thing if i can. But i'm having a blast so far.

It really was a fantastic remake, probably my game of the year.

I did the platinum run when it first came out but left off doing Ghost Survivors until a week ago. No Way Out with the cop alone at the store was incredibly tense and frustrating but worth it when you somehow manage it :devil: Just a brilliant feeling when you complete it.

I'll definitely play through this again at some point, amazing remake. Hopefully RE3 isn't too far away?

Probably my game of the year so far too. It's close with Metro Exodus and Plague Tale, but I think RE just edges. It's set the bar for remakes ridiculously high.

It really was a fantastic remake, probably my game of the year.

I did the platinum run when it first came out but left off doing Ghost Survivors until a week ago. No Way Out with the cop alone at the store was incredibly tense and frustrating but worth it when you somehow manage it :devil: Just a brilliant feeling when you complete it.

What was the Hardcore difficulty run like? Also not looking forward to doing the run where you can't use any healing items or the chest.

I'll definitely play through this again at some point, amazing remake. Hopefully RE3 isn't too far away?

Not sure if i would want them to do a remake of Nemesis or do a new game completely. I do love Nemesis though.

What was the Hardcore difficulty run like? Also not looking forward to doing the run where you can't use any healing items or the chest.

It is tough at first but after multiple runs you start to learn the little tricks to survive, where everything is and how to leave Mr X for as long as possible. It wasn't a super difficult platinum but I did find it frustrating at times.

Also learn where the best weapon upgrades are. The STARS badge can be used twice in two different locations and you can go back to the police station to collect a few hidden things at one point. Little things like that help for the big bosses.

The lickers are super annoying but I found on my last playthrough that you can actually knife them to death pretty easily if you get behind them. It's very satisfying killing them with just a knife :lol:

It is tough at first but after multiple runs you start to learn the little tricks to survive, where everything is and how to leave Mr X for as long as possible. It wasn't a super difficult platinum but I did find it frustrating at times.

Also learn where the best weapon upgrades are. The STARS badge can be used twice in two different locations and you can go back to the police station to collect a few hidden things at one point. Little things like that help for the big bosses.

The lickers are super annoying but I found on my last playthrough that you can actually knife them to death pretty easily if you get behind them. It's very satisfying killing them with just a knife :lol:

Ok, cheers.

As for the bold, they really are. They drive me fecking nuts. The range on their attacks is absurd and they never fail to hit me when I'm in a corridor with them. I'm doing the S rank run through at the moment so i didn't want to waste time killing them. That was a mistake.

Mr X i don't find too bad. I did have one issue with him where he trapped me in a corner of a prison cell and just pounded me to death, but other than that he's ok.

Such a fun game though

Last edited:
It does look like the rumour is gaining momentum :drool:. I’d love to play a remade RE3 and maybe Code Veronica. Nemesis has so much potential given how players reacted to Mr X.

Gotta give capcom their dues, the remakes of 1 and 2 have been exceptional. Virtually everything a fan would want.

I got this at the weekend. Currently playing through as Leon and am in the sewers trying to get to Ada.

Question - can I get back to the police station garage at any point because I fecked up and forgot to search the car after using the bent key? It's showing as red on my map so I know I missed something.

I got this at the weekend. Currently playing through as Leon and am in the sewers trying to get to Ada.

Question - can I get back to the police station garage at any point because I fecked up and forgot to search the car after using the bent key? It's showing as red on my map so I know I missed something.
Yep you can go back to the station from the sewers and it’s something I always do to get the extra ammo. There’s a route from the sewers involving an elevator that will take you back to RPD.

The point of no return is when you get on the tram.

Yep you can go back to the station from the sewers and it’s something I always do to get the extra ammo. There’s a route from the sewers involving an elevator that will take you back to RPD.

The point of no return is when you get on the tram.

Nice one cheers. I'll look out for the elevator then.

In that case I'll look out for a cabinet ... :lol:

Yeah sorry, I forgot to say you needed to push a cabinet to reach the elevator... but I had every faith you would have found it anyway :D . I'm pretty sure the tram is the point of no return so you have all the time to explore the sewer area and the station again.

Reactions: CassiusClaymore
Finished this as Leon over the weekend. The last few boss battles were as annoying as I remember. I did enjoy it overall though.

Before I start on a Claire B run through I spotted those ghost survivor quick plays and they make a pretty decent chage of pace from the main story. Think I'll run through them all on training first (easy with the extra ammo and no lickers) to get the layout down and then see what kind of times I can put up.

Finished this as Leon over the weekend. The last few boss battles were as annoying as I remember. I did enjoy it overall though.

Before I start on a Claire B run through I spotted those ghost survivor quick plays and they make a pretty decent chage of pace from the main story. Think I'll run through them all on training first (easy with the extra ammo and no lickers) to get the layout down and then see what kind of times I can put up.

Which bosses? Thought G3 was quite fun to be fair.

Which bosses? Thought G3 was quite fun to be fair.

Birkin in the lab and the last one which is basically just running around until the rocket launcher is dropped off.

A quick dodge mechanic would've been nice but I guess it's just not Resi without the cumbersome movement.

Birkin in the lab and the last one which is basically just running around until the rocket launcher is dropped off.

A quick dodge mechanic would've been nice but I guess it's just not Resi without the cumbersome movement.

Ah yes Mr. X could be a pain in that one.

Think I'll replay through this before RE3 is released. Still not done most of the DLC.

Ah yes Mr. X could be a pain in that one.

Think I'll replay through this before RE3 is released. Still not done most of the DLC.

I've seen people moaning about it but it's good for what it is. Reminds me of the Resi 4 mercenaries mode.

The sweaty guy at game told me to play Claire B if I go with Leon first, which I did. Correct?

I've seen people moaning about it but it's good for what it is. Reminds me of the Resi 4 mercenaries mode.

The sweaty guy at game told me to play Claire B if I go with Leon first, which I did. Correct?

Yeah if memory serves correctly it's Leon A/Claire B and Claire A/Leon B. B scenarios are shorter.

The last ghost survivors scenario is intense as hell. Loved it (the rest weren’t great though)

I started my run through of Claire A/Leon B to get me prepped for RE3. I forgot how ingenius the sound design is. Every single thing you do is so fecking loud in comparison to everything around you. Even Claire's panting as she runs. It's really unsettling. I'm not sure I'll be arsed much with it once Mr X makes an appearance as I'm already looking at areas and thinking "I don't want to be dealing with him here!" especially the safety deposit room.

I'm noticing small details for the first time too. Like the fact the DLC handguns don't seem to fit in Claire's holster so she never puts them away. Well she hasn't so far at least.

I started my run through of Claire A/Leon B to get me prepped for RE3. I forgot how ingenius the sound design is. Every single thing you do is so fecking loud in comparison to everything around you. Even Claire's panting as she runs. It's really unsettling. I'm not sure I'll be arsed much with it once Mr X makes an appearance as I'm already looking at areas and thinking "I don't want to be dealing with him here!" especially the safety deposit room.

I'm noticing small details for the first time too. Like the fact the DLC handguns don't seem to fit in Claire's holster so she never puts them away. Well she hasn't so far at least.

That’s cool!

I think I’m going to have to hold off Resi 3 until May when I’ve finished uni. Maybe.

That’s cool!

I think I’m going to have to hold off Resi 3 until May when I’ve finished uni. Maybe.
Quarentining could have it's benefits...

She did put it away in a cutscene, but it looked wrong. I'm trying to make things easier for myself in the long run and set up some stuff for later in the game/save a bit of time. But I've not played it in about a year and am making a right mess. I've shot up every single zombie I've come across so far. The puzzle room beside the library has 3 dead zombies in it. It started with no zombies at all!

Turns out it's her orginal pistol in the holster in cutscenes. What a fascinating turn of events that was.

I hope the hole in the showers that's distinctly Nemesis sized and the batter/bloody shutter outside the showers on second floor get explored in RE3. All the zombies around there are already dead and don't get back up, barring the two on the stairs.

So I downloaded the full game last night, having only delved into the Demo previously.

I considered myself a slow gamer. So,I'm taking my time while fully immersing myself into the game's mood.

Suffice to say I'm enjoying it at the present time.
Loving the atmosphere and especially,a aspect that gets taken for granted in all entertainment mediums it seems, the sound design.
Great effect in having the sound of the zombies seem far more closer than they're. Keeps you on edge.

Haven't bumped into the big guy yet. Bricking it to be honest. :lol:

I'm sooo bad at this game. It's took me 8 hours to get to the Giant Crocodile section and I'm playing on assisted.Ugh.
Enjoying it though.

He's been hiding in a safe room I bet. Listening to the footsteps and trying to work out if the big cnut is above you or down the corridor. We've all been there!

8 hours? What have you been doing? :lol:
Go away !
He's been hiding in a safe room I bet. Listening to the footsteps and trying to work out if the big cnut is above you or down the corridor. We've all been there!
I did stand around in the Clock-Tower for a proper 10 minutes listening to his footsteps. My health was on Red though,so I deserve alittle benefit of the doubt.
He didn't come in,though. The Big pussy.

Go away !

I did stand around in the Clock-Tower for a proper 10 minutes listening to his footsteps. My health was on Red though,so I deserve alittle benefit of the doubt.
He didn't come in,though. The Big pussy.
Yeah he can't come in there, the chief's office or the STARS office along with the safe rooms. Everywhere else though is fair game for him.

Actually in my last play through when I left the clock tower the two zombies were outside the room and I was about to start picking them off when the noise of him spotting me hit and I looked down he was standing at reception staring up at me then he took off in the direction I had to go so he could get to me. It was proper pant shitting knowing we were both going in the same direction and I had no idea which route he was going to take.

Yeah he can't come in there, the chief's office or the STARS office along with the safe rooms. Everywhere else though is fair game for him.

Actually in my last play through when I left the clock tower the two zombies were outside the room and I was about to start picking them off when the noise of him spotting me hit and I looked down he was standing at reception staring up at me then he took off in the direction I had to go so he could get to me. It was proper pant shitting knowing we were both going in the same direction and I had no idea which route he was going to take.
Yeah I've had a similar experiences.
In general though I find not knowing his whereabouts while also hearing his thumping foot-steps far more nerve-wrecking than when I'm 1v1 against him.
Finally seeing him coming at me is a odd sigh of relief because then I can just leg it,depending of-course that I'm not in a confined area.

Be interesting to hear what gamers think,in-comparison, to say MR X and the Xeno in Alien: Isolation.
I haven't played the later but I presume they have similar in-game appearance mechanics ?

Yeah I've had a similar experiences.
In general though I find not knowing his whereabouts while also hearing his thumping foot-steps far more nerve-wrecking than when I'm 1v1 against him.
Finally seeing him coming at me is a odd sigh of relief because then I can just leg it,depending of-course that I'm not in a confined area.

Be interesting to hear what gamers think,in-comparison, to say MR X and the Xeno in Alien: Isolation.
I haven't played the later but I presume they have similar in-game appearance mechanics ?
Yeah, if he's there then you can deal with him and you know where he is so you can go another way or lure him off then circle back to do whatever you need to. Not knowing means he can get you at any minute and it feels a hell of a lot worse. The fear of the unknown.

I played both. I've played through RE2 three times and Alien Isolation once. I will tell you this right now, under no circumstances will I play through Alien Isolation again. It's one of the best games I've played this gen and possibly ever, but I have no intention of ever playing it again. Partly because I wouldn't want to dilute the experience and partly because I don't want a repeat of the quite frankly embarrassing noises I made while playing it.

I'm not 100% sure how the AI for Mr X works when you can't hear or see him and don't want to look too much into it for fear of ruining the illusion. The Alien though apparently has very few tricks and doesn't cheat, it's genuinely programmed to hunt you down. The game AI knows where you are and where it is, but it gives it no help so it has to use it's senses to find you and it's damn good at it. Only twice in the whole game does it get transported closer to you for set pieces and the rest of the time it is you versus it. Every noise you make could potentially lure it to you. I saw all that in a video recently about it and it just made the whole thing feel even more frightening than it originally was. Although I felt the final couple of hours should have been cut out of the game it's a brilliant game and should be fairly cheap now. I think it's even free on Game Pass.

images

In a record 12 hrs.