Religion, what's the point?

This thread makes me feel that there is no hope for humans. Especially those living in the "greatest country of the world".

This thread makes me feel that there is no hope for humans. Especially those living in the "greatest country of the world".

Yea sometimes I regret clicking on it for the same reason, some of the things posted here is just plain evil.

But theism is declining over there pretty steadily, although the Christofacists seem to be doing everything they can to reverse that. :nervous:

Current story here in Portugal, police is investigating a small cult in the interior of the country after a baby died after illness. The child of the cult leader was not registered, they didn't take them to a hospital even after they were sick for months, and after the baby died they cremated them without checking with the proper authorities.

Now the cult leader is saying they're an independent kingdom that doesn't have to follow the portuguese laws.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Current story here in Portugal, police is investigating a small cult in the interior of the country after a baby died after illness. The child of the cult leader was not registered, they didn't take them to a hospital even after they were sick for months, and after the baby died they cremated them without checking with the proper authorities.

Now the cult leader is saying they're an independent kingdom that doesn't have to follow the portuguese laws.

We have had that occurring in Oregon for quite a while. The mensa parents claim sovereignty & tell the authorities of all ilk to basically feck off.

The good thing is that the Oregon judicial system files lawsuits against those parents who refuse medical assistance for sick children & they often win their cases.

Always wondered in what time zone jesus will come back to earth, just don’t want to miss it…

According to the Bible, he will come back to the same spot he left from… on the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem
Awww, that’s like eight or nine time zones ahead. Not nearly as fun as watching a World Cup match on the other side of the planet.

Yeah but if he lands around 1-2am it'll be primetime here!

If these lunatics feel that way then authorities should hold there hands up and say "no problem". Cancel their tax burden. Take away their passports and drivers license. Make it illegal for them to open a bank account. Make it impossible for them to purchase land. Deny them everything that comes with living in a functional society and then charge them with child abuse as that will most likely be the outcome of their ignorance and personal delusion. Simply wipe them clean from society and and see how far their religion will take them. fecking idiots.

I really enjoy telling KKKristians that if their religion was real Satan would be a republican and Jesus would be a Democrat.
Next time point out to them that the first Christians in the Book of Acts were communist and if they weren’t okay with it, god killed them.

I love how so many more people velieve in heaven than they do in hell. Mighty convenient.

Religion would be so much more believable if it made its characters a bit more nuanced. I get that usung shades of grey in storytelling wasn't much of a thing 2000 years ago, but now that we have shows like Game of Thrones were all the cnuts turn out to just be misguided and all the heroes turn out to be slightly cnutish at times, I feel Jesus needs a reboot. Make him a drunk or give him a gambling problem which he developed as a way to cope with the unrealistic expectations of his overbearing dad. The whole I am immaculate, holier than thou thing he has going jumped the shark like 537 season ago.

Nate Breske claimed "by the grace of god and divine intervention" they saved Damar Hamlin's life on the field. I guess all that medical schooling and practice was useless, it was all a sky fairy's work. Meanwhile, said sky fairy let others die off, continue starving, so forth. I would be curious how many on that medical and athletic training staff were ok with Nate speaking for the whole and using his religious beliefs as group consensus.

Nate Breske claimed "by the grace of god and divine intervention" they saved Damar Hamlin's life on the field. I guess all that medical schooling and practice was useless, it was all a sky fairy's work. Meanwhile, said sky fairy let others die off, continue starving, so forth. I would be curious how many on that medical and athletic training staff were ok with Nate speaking for the whole and using his religious beliefs as group consensus.
Reminds me of an incident years back where the same sentiment was applied to saving a player’s ability (can’t remember if it was college or pro) to walk after a spinal cord injury, that it was the merciful hand of the divine creator who saved him.

Turns out the school / city the teams were playing in was next door to one of the best spinal cord hospitals in the country & the staff gave the player a spinal tap of basically almost freezing water & were both researching that method & were able to put it into practice.

But, sure, fairy tale away.

Reminds me of an incident years back where the same sentiment was applied to saving a player’s ability (can’t remember if it was college or pro) to walk after a spinal cord injury, that it was the merciful hand of the divine creator who saved him.

Turns out the school / city the teams were playing in was next door to one of the best spinal cord hospitals in the country & the staff gave the player a spinal tap of basically almost freezing water & were both researching that method & were able to put it into practice.

But, sure, fairy tale away.

It's frustrating. Had those staff members sat around praying for Hamlin the end result would have been death.

Religion would be so much more believable if it made its characters a bit more nuanced. I get that usung shades of grey in storytelling wasn't much of a thing 2000 years ago, but now that we have shows like Game of Thrones were all the cnuts turn out to just be misguided and all the heroes turn out to be slightly cnutish at times, I feel Jesus needs a reboot. Make him a drunk or give him a gambling problem which he developed as a way to cope with the unrealistic expectations of his overbearing dad. The whole I am immaculate, holier than thou thing he has going jumped the shark like 537 season ago.
All it'd take is something subtle, like he never puts the toilet seat back down after peeing. Just to show he's not perfect.