Religion, what's the point?

BIGGEST Far Right Threats get EXPOSED in MUST-SEE Takedown | PoliticsGirl

Brilliant and spot on.

I haven't read through this thread because I generally get seriously triggered into rage by Religion, so forgive me if this point has already been covered.

Christian Nationalism will play a central role in the destruction of America. So many of these crazy fundamentalist groups are on board and they're recruiting the living crap out of converts. Pence and Co are into their Dominionism, and look no further than Maga. I find it truly ironic that the very people who never shut up when given the opportunity to tell people not to be deceived are the very ones being hoodwinked.

I haven't read through this thread because I generally get seriously triggered into rage by Religion, so forgive me if this point has already been covered.

Christian Nationalism will play a central role in the destruction of America. So many of these crazy fundamentalist groups are on board and they're recruiting the living crap out of converts. Pence and Co are into their Dominionism, and look no further than Maga. I find it truly ironic that the very people who never shut up when given the opportunity to tell people not to be deceived are the very ones being hoodwinked.
I'm not sure, I see it more as the seeming boom before the complete bust of religion in the US.
Losing their religion: why US churches are on the decline | US news | The Guardian

US will follow a very similar path to the UK in my mind. Last year was the first time we had less than 50% identify as Christian for example versus 70% in the US. We luckily never see any religious crap in our politics if I think about it, apart from thinly veiled attacks on immigrants from some of the right maybe.

I'm not sure, I see it more as the seeming boom before the complete bust of religion in the US.
Losing their religion: why US churches are on the decline | US news | The Guardian

US will follow a very similar path to the UK in my mind. Last year was the first time we had less than 50% identify as Christian for example versus 70% in the US. We luckily never see any religious crap in our politics if I think about it, apart from thinly veiled attacks on immigrants from some of the right maybe.

I do hope you are right. I genuinely have no problems with people having their own beliefs. Sure I have my own and its all good but its a private thing. But the marriage of church and state in the US is absolutely diabolical! How some people still believe its a good idea beggars belief.

Dandy Livingstone had this news by at least seven decades before Marjorie for goodness sake!

Learned some new words today...

The funny thing about Hawley saying that Christians should attempt to immanetize the eschaton is that the general consensus is that they shouldn’t.

The original popularizer of the phrase actually said “don’t…” because it brings about atrocities.