Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

On a bounty hunt last night...

Ds9PZLDWsAARMHO.jpg:large

My St Denis, Tombstone vibe

DsOIocyWoAU8JQH.jpg

there's a mission in Saint Denis with Sadie that should explain that? Pretty sure he doesn't cough before it.
I’m guessing that mission is one of the ones I have lined up, got to save John. The coughing, it does seem to have gotten worse and more frequent and it was just at one point Dutch stopped and asked me if I was alright and I was thinking this doesn’t seem right and then the defence in Lakary as soon as you stop he is hunched over coughing his lungs out.
It’s just made me think something ain’t right, sure I’ll find out soon enough tho.

Is it just me who has zero interest in RDR2 online? I get why Rockstar are doing it, mostly to cater to the younger audience but I’d love for some games to just remain single player and then work in adding new interesting missions ect. We already have enough battle royale games on the market.

Is it just me who has zero interest in RDR2 online? I get why Rockstar are doing it, mostly to cater to the younger audience but I’d love for some games to just remain single player and then work in adding new interesting missions ect. We already have enough battle royale games on the market.
Cater to the younger audience? :lol:

You must’ve been alive during the time period in which this game took place...

It’s just you.

Red Dead the original with mates online was fun. Shooting horses ass when people were on them was sort of my speciality.

Also why do you presume younger audience want to just play this online? This also isn’t just a battle royale game. There will be tons of online content. They already given a meaty single player experience. I doubt they’d go back to DLC considering what happened with GTA IV.

I’m just hoping they quickly announce Bully or the next GTA.

Give me the Doc Holiday reciepe. :drool:

I think I got that from r/reddeadfashion

Here, try

Scout hat (black/brown)
Rambler jacket (black)
Parisian Vest (blue)
Stand collar over shirt (white)
Cuffed town pants (black with stripes)
Puff tie (red)
Boots (whatever)

Obviously the moustache is the key element though. ;)

Went with the option to help John escape instead of go back for the money because I'm a nice guy like that
Im just glad Dutch or Micah didn't kill me directly. Wish there was an option to take these assholes out lol

I assume after these John missions I go back to being Arthur and will get my horse (even though it got killed in the story) and my stuff back?

Went with the option to help John escape instead of go back for the money because I'm a nice guy like that
Im just glad Dutch or Micah didn't kill me directly. Wish there was an option to take these assholes out lol

I assume after these John missions I go back to being Arthur and will get my horse (even though it got killed in the story) and my stuff back?
You get stuff back, weapons and clothing quite quickly, but not money or horses. You don't get money until the end of the epilogue and that's 20k. No more Arthur either.

Did you finish the main story and are you in the epilogue now? You find everything out during the story/epilogue

You get stuff back, weapons and clothing quite quickly, but not money or horses. You don't get money until the end of the epilogue and that's 20k. No more Arthur either.

Did you finish the main story and are you in the epilogue now? You find everything out during the story/epilogue

I just got to the first John mission where they go to strawberry looking for work. Wtf no more Arthur? I didn't finish the stranger missions and side missions he had waiting.

I just got to the first John mission where they go to strawberry looking for work. Wtf no more Arthur? I didn't finish the stranger missions and side missions he had waiting.
Arthur died at the end of chapter 6... How did you miss that haha. For the stranger missions though I'm pretty sure you can still do them with John

Cater to the younger audience? :lol:

You must’ve been alive during the time period in which this game took place...

I’m only 27 myself, I guess what I meant to say is kids today aren’t really interested in single player experiences like the one in RDR2 and that there’s countless online battle royal games out there already. I just wish more was put into the single player experience rather than this becoming another GTA online and them neglecting it.

TW3 and ZBOTW for instance didn’t need an online mode.

Last edited:
I get that part but I thought after the story is done you would go back and free roam and finish everything else up with Arthur
Nah, you get free roam with John instead but I'm pretty sure you can still do all the same stranger quests with John. No more Arthur sadly :(

So some people have access to the online beta today?
Think those who got the ultimate edition get to play today, those who played day 1 of release can play tomorrow, first weekend is Thursday and it opens to everyone on friday

Noooooooooo! :( Arthur’s just dead now? Didn’t even get to kill Micah? I never managed to grow my beard to ten. My poor horse :( I don’t want to play as John. :(:(

I’m only 27 myself, I guess what I meant to say is kids today aren’t really interested in single player experiences like the one in RDR2 and that there’s countless online battle royal games out there already. I just wish more was put into the single player experience rather than this becoming another GTA online and them neglecting it.

Hmmm... now that I think of it, did GTA V never get any single player DLC? Online became their cash cow. And was a hot mess that required a lot of resources while it was getting going.

And that’s after IV had the excellent Ballad of Gay Tony and RDR had the also excellent Undead Nightmare...

Start of epilogue
why is it so stupidly slow? Bad enough having to play as John but to do so many boring missions is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Start of epilogue
why is it so stupidly slow? Bad enough having to play as John but to do so many boring missions is ridiculous.

I’m reliving my ptsd from playing as Jack at the end of the first game.

I'm 30 and I haven't really been interested in single player experiences for about 10 years. This game is an exception due to its sheer size, but why would I pay top dollar for an experience that's over in 10 hours and has no replay value when instead I'd much prefer a game that I can play every day with a different experience each time because it's always against different people online.

From what I read it's looking like the online might be very similar to early stages of GTAO? Like with people constantly killing each other at first sight, very big grind to make money and jacked up prices for buying things. We'll see I guess. I'm excited for just playing in the world to play in and hoping they enable a passive mode or private lobbies with just your crew or whatever.

Speaking of which, any people here going to be making a crew? No idea how it works and didnt play much of GTA online.

I agree. I'll probably try it out at some point, if just for trophies and to see if I do like it. But I've only ever really been in this game for the offline

I went to the tavern in St Denis, took a room right next to a girl who seems to welcome, on the top floor. I tied her up and went into the room to enjoy my Dexter moment.
I'm almost sure there were no witnesses. It was very early in the morning and there was no one standing in the next room. At the end I got a bounty and an agent coming into the room.
I could finally steal a train without any trouble.
I got on the train in Emerald Ranch and after some seconds I took control of the train. I stopped in the bridge, border with Lemoine and stole without hurry. I got rid of a couple of agents and crossed the river to Lemoine, without any bounty

Finally got PSN to play this online.

PM me your psn name if you fancy a game.

From what I read it's looking like the online might be very similar to early stages of GTAO? Like with people constantly killing each other at first sight, very big grind to make money and jacked up prices for buying things. We'll see I guess. I'm excited for just playing in the world to play in and hoping they enable a passive mode or private lobbies with just your crew or whatever.

Speaking of which, any people here going to be making a crew? No idea how it works and didnt play much of GTA online.

Are you on ps ? If so same as above applies to you.

No, I'd be happy if it was just single player. Only multiplayer I really like is couch co-op. My main issue is that I like to Platinum most games and hate spending lots of time online to do so.
In fairness, the last game's single player campaign was immense and I'm sure this one is too. So it'll be good value even if you never touch the multiplayer, as most Rockstar games are.

oh my god I never went to Blackwater throughout the whole game and didn’t realise how much there was down here. And I’ve just tried to go to Armadillo thinking there’s a border that will stop me but I’ve gone through! Have those feckers included the whole of Red Dead 1’s map in this :drool::drool::drool:

oh my god I never went to Blackwater throughout the whole game and didn’t realise how much there was down here. And I’ve just tried to go to Armadillo thinking there’s a border that will stop me but I’ve gone through! Have those feckers included the whole of Red Dead 1’s map in this :drool::drool::drool:
Trying to go to blackwater and the rest of New Austin during the normal game resulted in you getting instantly hunted down by bounty hunters that pop up out of nowhere and start shooting at you and at a certain point if you survive long enough you just get shot at from nowhere. Basically impossible to access the whole area before the epilogue