Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Certain things yes but there was nothing stopping them making the story full of big meaningful decisions that actively changes your experience as you play. Quantic Dream are the masters of this and Telltale did it well with Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us. The western genre is perfect for gut wrenching decisions. All but a couple of the main deaths are completely scripted in RD2. Hell.. I’ve got more control over my story while playing Persona 5 at the moment.

I'm not sure how you can complain about not having a choice, and nothing you do changing any outcomes and then mention Telltale in a positive light. The company that pumped out games boasting you had choices, only for the exact same outcome to happen no matter what you did.

Pleased that Mary Beth and Tilly got happy endings. No sign of Karen though.

Last thing I did was visit Arthur's grave.

Gonna trade it in now. No interest in online.

I'm not sure how you can complain about not having a choice, and nothing you do changing any outcomes and then mention Telltale in a positive light. The company that pumped out games boasting you had choices, only for the exact same outcome to happen no matter what you did.

Yeah the Telltale games are a complete illusion, and not a very good one, even though they're enjoyable.

I just sniper rifled a boar in the face and now I have a perfect boar hide - can I craft anything with that or can i just sell it for slightly more?

Where the feck is this bitch Saide hiding? I have her poxy harmonica but she’s nowhere to be seen :lol:

I did that mission ages ago where you take down the wanted posters for the two escaped convicts in Rhodes, but I can’t find them again. Has the mission bugged out?

I did that mission ages ago where you take down the wanted posters for the two escaped convicts in Rhodes, but I can’t find them again. Has the mission bugged out?

They're in the woods just outside Rhodes. I'm pretty sure it put a marker there once I got the last poster. Did you definitely get them all?

You see them 3 times if I remember properly, Mr Black and Mr White.
Rough locations.

One is in the Heartlands beside that dried up river bed I think and the final one is way way way up north west past the grizzlies.[/spoilers]

Edit: Sorry did you mean after taking the posters down as they should have been in the same spot.

Finally after 2 days managed to catch up to where I was in my corrupted save file, got all the guns and done all the stranger missions as well as 2 legendary hunts which was only 2% but it’s taken hours. Just away to do the mission it crapped out on last time and I’ve been making plenty of back up saves.

That Oatis Miller and Calloway Schofields are just too sexy not to have.

Should say I spent a load of time wondering if I could swim across that river in to I guess Mexico and my varmint rifle keeps diapering even tho I’m sure I’m not using it. Came across loads of creature that were varmint rifle kills and couldn’t. Couldn’t stroll in to Black water or armadillo due to the bounty on my head.

They're in the woods just outside Rhodes. I'm pretty sure it put a marker there once I got the last poster. Did you definitely get them all?

Rough locations.

One is in the Heartlands beside that dried up river bed I think and the final one is way way way up north west past the grizzlies.[/spoilers]

Edit: Sorry did you mean after taking the posters down as they should have been in the same spot.

Took down all the posters can’t find them again, no markers on the map.

Took down all the posters can’t find them again, no markers on the map.
Intresting because it should have been a follow me mission that once you’d got all the posters it tells you to go back to them and it’s marked on the map. Did you get a wanted level or anything like that?

Intresting because it should have been a follow me mission that once you’d got all the posters it tells you to go back to them and it’s marked on the map. Did you get a wanted level or anything like that?

I can’t remember if I got a wanted level, oh well looks like I can’t finish it now.

Rough locations.

Lol. I took the posters down and then turned them both in for a juicy bounty .

Lol. I took the posters down and then turned them both in for a juicy bounty .
I followed it through after hearing they were framed by some woman as I was taking the posters down.
2nd time you see them they are dying from eating some bad berries so you have to give them medicine, they continue bickering.

3rd and final time they have moved in to a tree house together and are now a couple, again they start having a lovers tiff.

I’m not sure you ever get a reward from them.
Bastards, turning them in was probably the right choice.

Just finished the game, my thoughts:

The epilogue pretty much ruined it for me. It was criminally boring and seemed to drag on with pointless filler like shovelling horse shite, milking cows and building fences, occasionally spicing it up with the odd bounty mission. By the time it was clear we were going to kill Micah I was honestly relieved. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the slow immersion as much as the next escapist, but it has to be considered fun, and I don't consider tapping x to build a house to be my idea of fun. And shit like taking your son fishing, I honestly deliberately failed those missions numerous times just so I can repeatedly keep skipping to the next checkpoints.

Overall it was a great game with some serious flaws - notably the controls, boring filler nonsense guised as 'immersion' as honestly predictable and repetitive missions. The main story was great though and as always I love how Rockstar have written some of these characters. I'd give it a solid 8/10.

The way Uncle roasted John was too much :lol:

I honestly would have been happy leaving him with the skinners. Guy is a useless parasite who has the audacity to chat shit to me in MY house. :mad:
Likewise with Micah in the jailhouse early in the game. If the game allowed me to just leave him there to hang like I wanted it would have saved everyone a lot of trouble.

It's got loads of flaws but no other game has made me feel like such a badass.

I've finished reading all the spoilers, I'm too curious. One question, if I finish the game what happen with the casual encounters with people (the while circle). I mean, if I have met someone who needed help with a trap, can it happen that this encounter will be generated again?

Been playing since release and only just headed up into the Grizzlies East now in chapter 6. Some stunning scenery. Incredible at night when you can see the lights from St Denis.

Stumbled across the cauldron. Not much happened when I drank it other than losing some weight by the looks of it, which is strange but it could be stranger.

I reckon I'm near the end of chapter VI now and the game has basically descended into a main mission fest given I have all stranger missions done and already did most of my exploration and hunting (that I needed to) earlier in the game, which always happens with me and OWG's given my need to do all side-stuff. The game is easily at its weakest for me in these parts, the main missions, aside from having great stories, are generally just tolerable as opposed to being fun and it's become a case of go from A to B, get mission, follow X, inevitably shoot someone, rinse and repeat. I'm hoping the epilogue opens some more side stuff for me, or maybe I just need to explore on my own again to find it.

Rockstar always make the best gaming worlds and this is another great one but I do wish they'd add a bit more variety to their missions.

I've finished reading all the spoilers, I'm too curious. One question, if I finish the game what happen with the casual encounters with people (the while circle). I mean, if I have met someone who needed help with a trap, can it happen that this encounter will be generated again?
That very same encounter? I’m not sure. There’s plenty that seem to repopulate the map after/during the epilogue, though.

Been playing since release and only just headed up into the Grizzlies East now in chapter 6. Some stunning scenery. Incredible at night when you can see the lights from St Denis.

Stumbled across the cauldron. Not much happened when I drank it other than losing some weight by the looks of it, which is strange but it could be stranger.

Same, I was saying to someone yesterday how underutilised some parts of the map are. Grizzlers east and west mainly, there is no reason (apart from one duel mission) to go to the snowy parts of the maps, which is a shame because when your up high it looks so good.

Also, the whole east side just becomes redundant after a certain chapter.

Same, I was saying to someone yesterday how underutilised some parts of the map are. Grizzlers east and west mainly, there is no reason (apart from one duel mission) to go to the snowy parts of the maps, which is a shame because when your up high it looks so good.

Also, the whole east side just becomes redundant after a certain chapter.

Yeah, there doesn't seem that much going on to be honest, from Annesburg up and all the way across the top. Maybe there will be a bit more now I've got some missions around that way though.

Yeah it's weird. I only visited the Van Horn area and discovered that town by accident the other day when I was out hunting. Still got loads of the map to open up. I wonder what else I'm missing.

I think I'll take another break from story missions for a bit and go exploring/hunting again next time i'm on. Come back with a great big bushy beard and a bunch of pelts.