Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

It's crazy how in epilogue 1
you can still do some stranger missions you missed with Arthur with John. I've done 2 and they're fully voiced and everything with him, and it doesn't seem to be the same dialogue either. The detail in this game is mindblowing sometimes.

Just done the mission where you recover Mary's brooch and my screen has completely changed. I have to go back to her in St Denis but my map has disappeared, as have all indicators, the game is now in wide-screen mode for some reason with no hud. Yet all my hud stuff is switched on.

You're just in cinematic mode no? Possibly glitched into it though.

Just jumped on the RDR2 Train, new PS4 and all that stuff. Thing is, game crashes a lot, and i mean: *a lot*. Had to start the 3rd noob Mission (O'Driscoll camp raid) like 4 times because the PS4 bluescreened.
I take it that isn'T normal... so what are the guesses here? Is my PS4 broken, or is it just the installation?

Just jumped on the RDR2 Train, new PS4 and all that stuff. Thing is, game crashes a lot, and i mean: *a lot*. Had to start the 3rd noob Mission (O'Driscoll camp raid) like 4 times because the PS4 bluescreened.
I take it that isn'T normal... so what are the guesses here? Is my PS4 broken, or is it just the installation?

Not had it crash once on Xbox and been playing since launch. There's been one glitch with not being able to pull up the weapon menu but that's it.

Not heard of any issues with PS4 either.
Sounds like a problem with yours to be honest. Might have to delete and reinstall, which is a peck with the size of it :lol:

Not had one bluescreen on my PS4 in the time i’ve been playing it.

Been playing it for weeks now, haven't had an issue like yours.

Played online for a few hours, not sure how long i will stick with it.

- Everyone appears on the radar/map, you will be hunted down.
- No reprocusions for murdering other players, no law/bountys.
- Retialiate against a player and you get stuck with murder + low honor.
- Everything is expensive.
- Payout for anything is tiny.
- Every mission kept disapearing off my map last night.
- Horse stats are horrible and they make it difficult to do anything.

Played online for a few hours, not sure how long i will stick with it.

- Everyone appears on the radar/map, you will be hunted down.
- No reprocusions for murdering other players, no law/bountys.
- Retialiate against a player and you get stuck with murder + low honor.
- Everything is expensive.
- Payout for anything is tiny.
- Every mission kept disapearing off my map last night.
- Horse stats are horrible and they make it difficult to do anything.

Don't forget this is still the beta - so worth seeing what they change. Of course, this could be more of a stress test for their servers etc than an actual beta, but there might be updates implemented.

GTA Online changed and continued to change throughout its life. It is very different now to how it was when it launched (over 5 years ago!). So I would personally recommend giving it more of a chance than a few hours in the beta.

I will say that they should have updated the GTA Online economy over the 5 years. When you started, completing as mission could reward you with $20k - which was a decent amount and the most expensive car in the game was $1m. Now the most expensive car in the game is closer to $5m, but the mission still rewards the same amount.

That was also reflected in Shark Cards, which are the microtransactions in GTA Online. You could get a $1.25m Shark Card for £12. That could have bought you the best car in the game. Five years on, and you would need to spend £36 or more to get the best car in the game (approx.).

Obviously microtransactions are not going away, but a single car in a game should not cost over half the cost of the game itself.

Last edited:
Is anyone struggiling with Arthurs weight? The other day I must have had somewhere in the region of 15-20 prime ribs one after another and was still underweight, I’m now in chapter 6 but people have been commentating on my weight and how I need to eat, I also chowed down on 10 cans of peaches and nothing. Still underweight. The game gave me a warning saying I have reached the minimum weight. Has anyone else struggled with this?

Worse than this I seem to have grown a conscience the bastards.

Chapter 6 stuff
Ran in to miss Dowes who is slinging ass for cash and she looks in a bad way, Riddled with diseases, stopped her from giving some guy a blowie the other day and gave her kid more money to get out of town. If I play through again I might not kill her husband and take her money off her, she was lucky at the time I didn’t kill her son the way he was eye balling me.

So doing more of the straus missions and have now let the two debaters off, showed up at some woman’s house at night when it’s chucking it down of rain, her husbands just died and I’m sent to collect the cash whilst her son is just asking for his dad.

Straus isn’t going to be happy, but if he so much as raises an eyebrow at me i’ll Blow his balls off.

Last edited:
Is anyone struggiling with Arthurs weight? The other day I must have had somewhere in the region of 15-20 prime ribs one after another and was still underweight, I’m now in chapter 6 but people have been commentating on my weight and how I need to eat, I also chowed down on 10 cans of peaches and nothing. Still underweight. The game gave me a warning saying I have reached the minimum weight. Has anyone else struggled with this?
Its because Arthur is seriously ill, hence the weight loss. Can’t really do anything about it at that point.

Chapter 6 stuff
Ran in to miss Dowes who is slinging ass for cash and she looks in a bad way, Riddled with diseases, stopped her from giving some guy a blowie the other day and gave her kid more money to get out of town. If I play through again I might not kill her husband and take her money off her, she was lucky at the time I didn’t kill her son the way he was eye balling me.

So doing more of the straus missions and have now let the two debaters off, showed up at some woman’s house at night when it’s chucking it down of rain, her husbands just died and I’m sent to collect the cash whilst her son is just asking for his dad.

Straus isn’t going to be happy, but if he so much as raises an eyebrow at me i’ll Blow his balls off.

It's because your ill, food/drink only work to a certain point, your weight will go down to the minimum, stamina/health drain quicker etc.

Chapter 6 stuff

It's because of the TB, you can't not get money from her husband either as that's when you contracted it.

Chapter 6 stuff

Its because you are ill, if you haven’t been told yet.

Chapter 6 stuff

I would expect Anderson’s Dietician to know how to solve that one.

@Kaos @Bojan11 @Schmiznurf @Hal9000
I’m aware the illness is the reason now but it was an issue before it became apparant, it’s obviously just worse now, I was never able to put on weight, that Rib meal of 15-20 and not getting anything was chapter 4 for me. Should have probably pigged out more on the candy and chocolates.

@Schmiznurf damn it,
I should have just let the wife and the kid rot instead of giving them money.

I’m aware the illness is the reason now but it was an issue before it became apparant, it’s obviously just worse now, I was never able to put on weight, that Rib meal of 15-20 and not getting anything was chapter 4 for me. Should have probably pigged out more on the candy and chocolates.

@Schmiznurf damn it,

Did you ever sleep?

@Schmiznurf damn it,
Yeah, but I think Arthur would have chosen to help for sure, his sickness made him very altruistic.

You're just in cinematic mode no? Possibly glitched into it though.

No, I changed between them both to make sure. It was like a cutscene was starting, but then never started. I had to manually find my way back to St Denis by keep opening the map to see where tf I was going. Eventually when I got back to St Denis it started a cutscene and then the bug went away.

On a side note, my elite Arabian is a pussy when it comes to alligators though it's a beautiful horse. Jet black from the St Denis stables and just got it to 4/4 bonding so it's maxed out its stats - and I found a guy swinging from a tree and shot him free only to have 3 random dudes with masks and bodypaint run out of the bushes and hack me to death.

Last edited:
Reckon I'll finish it tonight, second epilogue is longer than I expected.

Just did the mission where John proposes to Abigail. I'm assuming we'll get Micah soon and that'll be that for the story.

It's been kinda long enough I'm not pining to be Arthur again as much but still kinda miss playing as him. Was cool to see Beecher's Hope and stand at the place I know he dies in RDR1, the replication is spot on. Loved exploring New Austin as well.

Still can't decide whether I like the way Arthur's story ended and then I've basically started what feels like an entirely new game.

Reckon I'll finish it tonight, second epilogue is longer than I expected.

Just did the mission where John proposes to Abigail. I'm assuming we'll get Micah soon and that'll be that for the story.

It's been kinda long enough I'm not pining to be Arthur again as much but still kinda miss playing as him. Was cool to see Beecher's Hope and stand at the place I know he dies in RDR1, the replication is spot on. Loved exploring New Austin as well.

Still can't decide whether I like the way Arthur's story ended and then I've basically started what feels like an entirely new game.

I gathered that when it was announced as a prequel and you playing as Arthur in dutches old gang that it would most likely end in death for Arthur as he wasn’t mentioned in the first game. Especially the longer you played as Arthur even in the earlier chapters he wasn’t the type of character to hide and disappear. Theres a stranger mission in the first game where the guy goes to John that you forgotten more important people. So maybe was referring to Arthur.

Also, when I had to propose to the police chief in St Denis that the guy be allowed to demonstrate his electric chair, I accidentally pulled my gun out in the police station and like the entire city immediately came after me, that was a nightmare.

Fecking map is huge online. So much potential for them to make it bloody brilliant.

Finished the story last night.
My only issue with the game is that it should force you to do missions or at least warn you that they will be unavailable later on.

and if you get Arthur's stuff handed down as John. Where's my $3000 at rockstar? Glad I didn't sell all my gold bars lol

You need to sleep for the calories to count

That strangers mission with the guy with the wooden leg where you fishing. :lol:

Completed the story. Gonna do a couple things but then I think I’m finally done! Might try online but I think I need to take a break from this now.

Ok where is everyone online? I just found the treasure and did my card thing. I can start a mission with other players but there’s nobody I can see in free roam.

Just finished the story. Calling it a night and will begin the epilogue tomorrow.

I thought Arthur’s character development in chapter 6 was quite good. After realizing he’s going to die almost every mission seemed to be focused around him trying to do right by others, which I enjoyed. I really grew to like him, and dying while making sure John got away was a fitting end for a man trying to find some redemption.

In that same vein, I really grew to despise Dutch. In the beginning he was painted as this inspirational Robin Hood like leader, and I thought that was what he was going to be. That he was just another selfish man, and not only that, someone willing to sacrifice everyone around him to meet his own ends really turned me against him.

Micah was so comically obnoxious from the first interaction, and every single other time he was involved in anything, that there was no way he wasn’t going to end up as a villain. I wasn’t surprised in the slightest when Milton said he was the rat.

Completed the story. Gonna do a couple things but then I think I’m finally done! Might try online but I think I need to take a break from this now.

I've finished the epilogue but I still can't be bothered with online. Instead I am going for 100 percent game completion with rock carving, dinosaur bones and the like. Ridiculous how much content there is in this game.

Ok where is everyone online? I just found the treasure and did my card thing. I can start a mission with other players but there’s nobody I can see in free roam.

I started it, got to my camp. Thought I'd claim my free horse, and got a message that the guy had moved the camp. To the other side of the map. It would have taken ages to get there and I was cooking dinner so I turned it off.

I did do a free for all game though, came second which was ok. Tomahawk death is excellent

I just saw one of the splashed white American Paints which is supposedly the rarest horse in the game and only spawns at bad guy camp sites. Killed the guy the horse ran off. I switched to eagle eye to track it and there was a trail, then it just disappeared. I mean I no longer have any room for horses but I wanted to see how much it would sell for.

Had to sell my white Arabian to make room for Buell.

I just saw one of the splashed white American Paints which is supposedly the rarest horse in the game and only spawns at bad guy camp sites. Killed the guy the horse ran off. I switched to eagle eye to track it and there was a trail, then it just disappeared. I mean I no longer have any room for horses but I wanted to see how much it would sell for.

Had to sell my white Arabian to make room for Buell.

I had a feeling you'd get Buell. Only done the first encounter. Is he any good?

The online economy is really putting me off investing time into it.

Explain? Haven't had chance to get on it yet.

Surely they're going to a version of heists for groups at some point, would be handy to get some hours into it and make some dollar to have decent weapons / equipment for it?

You get put into free roam with everyone else after a few of the starting missions. Think its after the mission you get your horse