Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

About to finish this, I have Assassin's Creed Odyssey lined up next, should I jump right into it or take a breather :lol: ?
Why would you do either when you could randomly create a personal goal of collecting 10 perfect red Cardinal carcasses?

Perfect kills are too difficult. I'm giving up on that.
What are you trying to kill? It is actually pretty easy once you do your research, just certain animals are pot luck kills. It’s also worth it for the satchel and animal fats to craft explosive ammo and the likes.

I'm still in chapter 2. I seen you could shoot exploding arrows and a class horse called a Turkamon. Where do I get these?

Bought the black Arabian and whilst it's very fast it's just too small for my liking, looks like I wouldn't be out of place riding up Blackpool beach on it. I ended up taming a wild strawberry blonde Hungarian half-bred called Pop n' Fresh. He's also quite robust mentally and doesn't shite his kecks at every predator that comes within 20 meters of us which is nice, we were actually surrounded by wolves at one point, he didn't even buck me off and trampled over one of them as we escaped :D

Bought the black Arabian and whilst it's very fast it's just too small for my liking, looks like I wouldn't be out of place riding up Blackpool beach on it. I ended up taming a wild strawberry blonde Hungarian half-bred called Pop n' Fresh. He's also quite robust mentally and doesn't shite his kecks at every predator that comes within 20 meters of us which is nice, we were actually surrounded by wolves at one point, he didn't even buck me off and trampled over one of them as we escaped :D
I dunno, the Arabians are just so good at handling and fast that it's hard to go back to anything else. I could never abandon StormyDaniels at this stage. I just wished someone talked to me like Arthur talks to her.

I dunno, the Arabians are just so good at handling and fast that it's hard to go back to anything else. I could never abandon StormyDaniels at this stage. I just wished someone talked to me like Arthur talks to her.

Alright goarl *pats*

There you go :)

I'm still in chapter 2. I seen you could shoot exploding arrows and a class horse called a Turkamon. Where do I get these?
Exploding arrows you craft but you need a pamphlet to teach you how to do it

As for the horse you want to go to this place here, just outside Saint Denis. They are all free.

hHWwE9T.jpg

Go there during the day, save your game, check on the horses, if they aren’t good, exit out of game and then restart game and you’ll spawn just round the corner from it ride back around check horses and repeat until you get what you want.

This is a gold Turkoman next to I think a halfblood, but they are between these two buildings. You can get all sorts of horses there even some that aren’t available till much later in the game and for free. White Arabian, black Arabian, Foxtrotter, Turkoman, Nakota, mustang and they all seem to be male as it’s the only place you can get a male white Arabian from.
7XQk11Y.jpg

Only problem is that Gold Turkoman is a member of your gangs horse so it can’t be taken and you can’t bond with it. A few of these might pop up and will often say the name of the horse instead of type. I kept coming across a Nell 2 which was somewhat confusing at first but that’s Hosea’s horse.

@VeevaVee took a pic of the Foxtrotter next to my Turkoman so you can see the size difference but it’s much bigger than the Arabian.

bNu4PPt.jpg

brAElcN.jpg

Last edited:
They're not difficult at all, you need to scout the animals to make sure they're pristine then use the weapon it says to get a head shot.

And how do you track a 3 star pelt animal? I keep spotting animals with lower stars or taking multiple shots to kill them.

As for the horse you want to go to this place here, just outside Saint Denis.

hHWwE9T.jpg

Go there during the day, save your game, check on the horses, if they aren’t good, exit out of game and then restart game and you’ll spawn just round the corner from it ride back around check horses and repeat until you get what you want.

This is a gold Turkoman next to I think a halfblood, but they are between these two buildings. You can get all sorts of horses there even some that aren’t available till much later in the game and for free. White Arabian, black Arabian, Foxtrotter, Turkoman, Nakota,Mu
7XQk11Y.jpg

Only problem is that one is a member of your gangs horse so it can’t be taken and you can’t bond with it.

@VeevaVee took a pic of the Foxtrotter next to my Turkoman so you can see the size difference but it’s much bigger than the Arabian.

bNu4PPt.jpg

brAElcN.jpg

thanks very much! Is the Turkoman classified as a war horse? Want one that is hard as nails when predators come near me

And how do you track a 3 star pelt animal? I keep spotting animals with lower stars or taking multiple shots to kill them.
You find where the animals are, use your binoculars and look to see which one says pristine. Every description says what weapon you should use for a clean kill, aim for the head and shoot. If it takes multiple shots it's because you're using the wrong weapon or you missed the headshot.

thanks very much! Is the Turkoman classified as a war horse? Want one that is hard as nails when predators come near me
It’s both. Basically the love child of an Adrennes and a thoroughbred.

VBy2pP9.jpg

gYqFOnl.jpg

It’ll still buck you off eventually but unlike most horses you’ll get more time to kill the predators before that happens. Arabian gets a whiff of a badger and it’ll throw you off quicker than you can say “I have a plan Arthur”

Should add there is a stable in Saint Denis by the docks, worth while riding to there with your horse and either stabaling it or using it. Then just repeating the process if it’s something good.

Last edited:
End of chapter 4/beginning of chapter 5 was quite the surprise.

Had no idea I was going to end up in Guarma. Think they could've done way more with it though. A survival only part at the beginning would've been great, before you're found. A proper rebel hideout base would've been good, and more to explore around it. A little town would've been fantastic.

Cheers, I actually bought a Foxtrotter. Will get the bay Turkoman down the line.

You find where the animals are, use your binoculars and look to see which one says pristine. Every description says what weapon you should use for a clean kill, aim for the head and shoot. If it takes multiple shots it's because you're using the wrong weapon or you missed the headshot.
unless it’s the invincible bunny, although I think what might have been happening was I was just shooting his ears off.

When the feck is online released? Need to know if I'm gonna put more hours into this or not.

It’s both. Basically the love child of an Adrennes and a thoroughbred.

VBy2pP9.jpg

gYqFOnl.jpg

It’ll still buck you off eventually but unlike most horses you’ll get more time to kill the predators before that happens. Arabian gets a whiff of a badger and it’ll throw you off quicker than you can say “I have a plan Arthur”

Should add there is a stable in Saint Denis by the docks, worth while riding to there with your horse and either stabaling it or using it. Then just repeating the process if it’s something good.

Much appreciated. I cant wait to get that beast. I hate my white Arabian, don't know why.. just think its a coward. Cant wait to sit and do that for ages until I get my horse :)

Being annoying now but where do get that pamphlet for the exploding arrows? sometimes I just save my game and go on a rampage for the craic so would love them

Much appreciated. I cant wait to get that beast. I hate my white Arabian, don't know why.. just think its a coward. Cant wait to sit and do that for ages until I get my horse :)

Being annoying now but where do get that pamphlet for the exploding arrows? sometimes I just save my game and go on a rampage for the craic so would love them

I’m not sure I have the pamphlet yet but most of the fences sell things like that and they range from $30-$60, if you’re in chapter 2 you must have come across a fence by now.

Saying this some guy in my camp just offered to craft me some fire arrows so maybe the dynamite ones are done the same way, eventually someone will just offer them to you.

I’m not sure I have the pamphlet yet but most of the fences sell things like that and they range from $30-$60, if you’re in chapter 2 you must have come across a fence by now.

Saying this some guy in my camp just offered to craft me some fire arrows so maybe the dynamite ones are done the same way, eventually someone will just offer them to you.

Yeah I have come across them guys. Only thing is, I see people in here crafting and hunting all sorts where as I'm more about causing chaos and don't bother with that. I have hunted the bear (from the mission). A black bear and other stuff but just as I come across them. An alligator came at me last night but it was so dark I couldn't see so just fecking legged it with fear

Yeah I have come across them guys. Only thing is, I see people in here crafting and hunting all sorts where as I'm more about causing chaos and don't bother with that. I have hunted the bear (from the mission). A black bear and other stuff but just as I come across them. An alligator came at me last night but it was so dark I couldn't see so just fecking legged it with fear
Aye the Bayou is no place to lark about especially at night :lol:

Damn Nightfolk and Gators. There was even someone speaking to me last night in there but I couldn’t find them anywhere, just a voice.

I tend to do both, Hunt then go cause some chaos, stack the bodies and then set them on fire.

Aye the Bayou is no place to lark about especially at night :lol:

Damn Nightfolk and Gators. There was even someone speaking to me last night in there but I couldn’t find them anywhere, just a voice.

I tend to do both, Hunt then go cause some chaos, stack the bodies and then set them on fire.

Woahhhh slow down! I rack up the body count but then people come across the bodies. I had no idea I could burn them after :lol: Do I set up a camp fire or what?

You can either wait until you completed the "A Short Walk in a Pretty Town" mission (late Chapter 3) and buy it from a fence, or found in a chest near a bridge south of the Wapiti Indian Reservation.

You don't even need to use binoculars. As I'm gonna be shooting it with the rolling block rifle I zoom in with that, study it, check that it's got 3 stars, dead eye, headshot, perfect pelt. 60% of the time, it works every time.

I'm only early in the epilogue but I wish Sadie was the playable character. That's probably because I know how it all ends for John and the middle of his story doesn't interest me hugely. I really like Sadie though.

As for the horse you want to go to this place here, just outside Saint Denis. They are all free.

hHWwE9T.jpg

This is a gold Turkoman next to I think a halfblood, but they are between these two buildings. You can get all sorts of horses there even some that aren’t available till much later in the game and for free. White Arabian, black Arabian, Foxtrotter, Turkoman, Nakota, mustang and they all seem to be male as it’s the only place you can get a male white Arabian from.
7XQk11Y.jpg

Only problem is that Gold Turkoman is a member of your gangs horse so it can’t be taken and you can’t bond with it. A few of these might pop up and will often say the name of the horse instead of type. I kept coming across a Nell 2 which was somewhat confusing at first but that’s Hosea’s horse.

bNu4PPt.jpg

brAElcN.jpg

I got the Gold Turkoman from here and bonded it to Level 4, kept it all the way until the end of Chapter 6

Randy :(

Andalusian
  • Andalusians are powerful, compact war horses.
  • Both the Dark Bay and Rose Gray coats can be purchased at a stable.
  • They can be identified by their thick mane and tail, strong body and noble head.
  • They handle well, with average Acceleration and Speed, and are known for their good Health and increased Stamina, making them great for long journeys.
  • This breed of horse is courageous and will not be spooked easily.
  • Andalusian breed of horses are tough and aggressive in nature which makes them perfect for hunting.