Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

thanks very much! Is the Turkoman classified as a war horse? Want one that is hard as nails when predators come near me

This Bahamut (Shire) next to Morrigan (Arabian), he's the horsey you get at the very start of the game. Look at his legs!

DsY2x3vWsAA4V9f.jpg

So my beloved ghost just bucked me off and got me killed by cougars twice within half hour. Beginning to think there might be something in this “The Arabians are far too p***y”

Just seeing the last couple posts in here, I’m still on chapter 5 but I’ve loved it so far.

It could be because I’m an islander myself, but I loved getting to be part of a plantation revolt of sorts. I wish we could have spent more time on the island

Just seeing the last couple posts in here, I’m still on chapter 5 but I’ve loved it so far.

It could be because I’m an islander myself, but I loved getting to be part of a plantation revolt of sorts. I wish we could have spent more time on the island

Not being able to roam there was a missed opportunity. Maybe some scope to do that online but who knows.

So my beloved ghost just bucked me off and got me killed by cougars twice within half hour. Beginning to think there might be something in this “The Arabians are far too p***y”

I never had this problem with phyllis, she got quite agitated every once in a while when i was ambushed but she never bucked me off.

i thought it was fitting how she died just before me, at least i got to say goodbye. :( god i miss that horse.

This Rachel of John's is bloody useless, bucks me off all the time.

Somethings gone horribly wrong with my game, it just won’t load. It stops at the loading screen and goes no further, I feel a re-Install coming up in my near future :(

Somethings gone horribly wrong with my game, it just won’t load. It stops at the loading screen and goes no further, I feel a re-Install coming up in my near future :(
That doesn't sound good, what platform are you on ? And have you checked the reddit sub to see if anyone else is experiencing this problem ?

That doesn't sound good, what platform are you on ? And have you checked the reddit sub to see if anyone else is experiencing this problem ?
Xbox. I think what happened was just after a mission I switched to FIFA to get in on some of this hourly Black Friday shenanigans and it’s just screwed the system as Arthur was sitting at a camp.

I can’t even get in to it to load my saved game file as it always just gives you the option of jumping straight in to story mode which is where the problem is. Tried creating another account to restart the game and see if it’ll load but now Microsoft is having some sort of issue and can’t complete the registration. I’ve had a similar issue before with a game but again it was a FIFA related issue.

Edit: so whilst it’s stuck on the load screen I can press start. Which means I’m in the pause menu, so I scrolled down blind and can start a new game in which I then tried my save files and the auto save file and it just went back to its buggery. I have a save file I created yesterday but I’ve done loads of stuff since then including a huge stint in a restricted area where I got a few choice pieces from. Oatis & Miller schofield for example.

Might have to bite the bullet.

Last edited:
Xbox. I think what happened was just after a mission I switched to FIFA to get in on some of this hourly Black Friday shenanigans and it’s just screwed the system as Arthur was sitting at a camp.

I can’t even get in to it to load my saved game file as it always just gives you the option of jumping straight in to story mode which is where the problem is. Tried creating another account to restart the game and see if it’ll load but now Microsoft is having some sort of issue and can’t complete the registration. I’ve had a similar issue before with a game but again it was a FIFA related issue.

Edit: so whilst it’s stuck on the load screen I can press start. Which means I’m in the pause menu, so I scrolled down blind and can start a new game in which I then tried my save files and the auto save file and it just went back to its buggery. I have a save file I created yesterday but I’ve done loads of stuff since then including a huge stint in a restricted area where I got a few choice pieces from. Oatis & Miller schofield for example.

Might have to bite the bullet.
Have you not just tried turning the xbox off then back on again ? Surely that would just take you back to your last autosave.

Have you not just tried turning the xbox off then back on again ? Surely that would just take you back to your last autosave.
Tried everything, followed the Microsoft help page where I had to delete the saved file off my console then re sync from the cloud. That was a tense situation as if I lose the whole lot I’ll be pissed, seems like the only option left now is the reinstall. Hope my broadband is feeling up to the challenge of re installing this beast. :lol:
God damn Fifa.

Tried everything, followed the Microsoft help page where I had to delete the saved file off my console then re sync from the cloud. That was a tense situation as if I lose the whole lot I’ll be pissed, seems like the only option left now is the reinstall. Hope my broadband is feeling up to the challenge of re installing this beast. :lol:
God damn Fifa.
Damn, that's bad how far into the story are you ?

Hope it works out and you don't lose your save.

Solving the serial killer mystery tonight. The second clue was one of the first things I found while playing but I never actually found the paper.

Solving the serial killer mystery tonight. The second clue was one of the first things I found while playing but I never actually found the paper.

The paper? I've seen the hanging torso under the bridge and the message if that constitutes the second clue. I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for more clues. Should I have used eagle eye?

Seriously some really cool features and easter eggs in this game that you might now know about. Do a youtube search.

Also spoiler for Chapter 4

the scene in the graveyard... it is homage to Max Payne the way the whole scene is shot

The paper? I've seen the hanging torso under the bridge and the message if that constitutes the second clue. I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for more clues. Should I have used eagle eye?

There are three murder scenes to look for, you’ve found one.

Tracking would lead you to the piece of paper if you didn't find it. Then it goes up to the road and disappears.

I found another just roaming about in the woods. I dunno if it only spawned at night but the setting for finding it was perfectly creepy.

I need a new horse, decided to take a detour through a train tunnel and was inevitably crushed. Didn't really care too much for that horse anyway.

1 head is pinned to the railway bridge just left of the torso, the other is on a pike behind the tree and the 3rd is just sitting on a rock, these are all at the other murder locations.
I remember where two of them are but the 3rd is harder.

Damn, that's bad how far into the story are you ?

Hope it works out and you don't lose your save.
Reinstall didn’t work so I’m lucky I created a manual save not thatnfar from where I am in the story. It’s just a pain that it’s wiped out my adventures in Blackwater and Austin running from the bounties and racking up head shots.
My beautiful guns :(

What would people like in the way of DLC? (no spoilers please so don't mention anyone in the gang we don't know survives if you've finished the game)

I'd like to have a character who we don't like. Arthur is like a ruthless but responsible and likeable guy and shooting up a nice town full of innocents (not Van Horn) doesn't seem fitting. I'd like a proper cnut of an outlaw, or maybe one of the weird rednecks to go full Trevor with.

A gunslinger could be good. There's a lack of Western vibe to me so they could go full cheesy Western there.

Is there anyway to check your playtime/ acheivements without the companion app ? I'm on ps4.

What would people like in the way of DLC? (no spoilers please so don't mention anyone in the gang we don't know survives if you've finished the game)

I'd like to have a character who we don't like. Arthur is like a ruthless but responsible and likeable guy and shooting up a nice town full of innocents (not Van Horn) doesn't seem fitting. I'd like a proper cnut of an outlaw, or maybe one of the weird rednecks to go full Trevor with.

A gunslinger could be good. There's a lack of Western vibe to me so they could go full cheesy Western there.

Has to be undead nightmare 2 for me.

And a pre-prequel, Arthur and the gangs adventures in blackwater before the big job that went wrong.

Has to be undead nightmare 2 for me.

And a pre-prequel, Arthur and the gangs adventures in blackwater before the big job that went wrong.

Not for me but I never played the first Undead Nightmare so maybe don't know what I'm missing. I'd like to keep it in line with the 'real world' though I think.

Second option could be good.

Not for me but I never played the first Undead Nightmare so maybe don't know what I'm missing. I'd like to keep it in line with the 'real world' though I think.

Second option could be good.
It might be a bit dated now but i would advise you to give undead nightmare a blast it was a brilliant game in it's own right.

But yes to the second option maybe a full story all around the first games map including mexico all leading up to the bank job. I would love that.

I'm not feeling too confident on getting any single player content after the lack of content for GTAV though.

I'm not feeling too confident on getting any single player content after the lack of content for GTAV though.

I know yeah. Be a real shame not to make the most of the map and those 8 years making the game. I don't know how much I'll be into online as my mates who have the game are on a different console.

Yeah I wouldn’t hold my breath for single player DLC. They’re gonna pull a GTAV with this one and milk the online cash cow until they release GTA 6 probably in about 5 years.

Yeah I wouldn’t hold my breath for single player DLC. They’re gonna pull a GTAV with this one and milk the online cash cow until they release GTA 6 probably in about 5 years.

:(

Great detail but epilogue spoiler
the difference in drawing ability between Arthur and John is great, John admitted he's not much of an artist but I didn't think they'd have such a contrast between the two.

Just put Liar's Dice in the game. Replace five finger fillet with it.
Fecking hate 5 finger fillet. Trying to complete one of the challenges that is win 3 games and you’d think that’d be easy but the computer keeps whipping out miracle scores. I’ve got the paddles on my controller so I can just rhythmically bust out score of 15-19 laps in 20 secs doing laps in 1.00932 secs and somehow the computer always wins.

Fecking hate 5 finger fillet. Trying to complete one of the challenges that is win 3 games and you’d think that’d be easy but the computer keeps whipping out miracle scores. I’ve got the paddles on my controller so I can just rhythmically bust out score of 15-19 laps in 20 secs doing laps in 1.00932 secs and somehow the computer always wins.
Man, you must have somehow got the difficulty on Insane or something, I only ever need about 6 laps to beat the opponents.

Liar’s Dice and a late-game high stakes poker please.

Also, could you imagine Undead Nightmare or werewolves and vampires in the bayou at night? Fantastic...

That should just be in a patch (does that count as dlc?). I can't remember Liar's Dice, but high stakes poker would be a good addition.
Liar’s Dice was very popular after the first RDR. Not quite Gwent in TW3 (apologies for another Witcher comparison), but definitely gained a following. Custom LD sets started coming out of nowhere...