Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Finished it.

Didnt really enjoy the epilogues, and chapter 5 was a bit of a slog. Enjoyed it immensely overall. Chapter 2 and 3 were my favs.

Remember someone wrote how do you accidentally tackle someone? Well this is how.

A few moments later...

$500+ bounty later :(

Yeah but what about the game?

vcgx85r.gif

I can understand the diversity of opinion on this and all Rockstar games. They're sandbox games and the clue is in the title. How much you'll enjoy it largely depends on your own imagination.

I can understand the diversity of opinion on this and all Rockstar games. They're sandbox games and the clue is in the title. How much you'll enjoy it largely depends on your own imagination.

To a degree, I agree. For me some of Rockstar's gameplay elements hold their games back from being true greats, I really wish they'd sort that side out, but I do like messing around in their worlds.

One thing I always think doesn't help is these days people are so bloody determined to ruin things for themselves via the internet, also of course having things ruined by endless spoilers too. A large part of the fun for me is finding all the cool stuff to do and creative ways to do it.

Anybody think this game was too easy? Maybe it’s because I left auto aim on but there wasn’t a single difficult mission in the entire game.

I had a WTF moment with the honor system last night as well.

During the trolley station robbery in Saint Denis. So a city full of police are trying to kill me, but when I kill them I lose honor. Like wtf, what exactly am I supposed to do? Just try and dodge my way through a constant stream of enemies? There was no other way to handle that FFS, after I was on a roll for quite some time before with getting honor points

yo this mission pissed me off too
lost a solid 10% of my honour and got a $165 bounty on top of it

so yesterday stumbled upon my first legendary animal, a coyote
shot it and sold it to the trapper, should I have given it to Pearson? or it doesnt matter?
You can't give it to Pearson, only the trapper. The skins of legendary animals are used to make unique clothes that the trapper makes. Though if you do lose any of the skins, the trapper gets them anyway so you don't have to worry too much about getting the skin to him.

Epilogue 2 Gavin

Found the guy still looking 8 years later, he's been driven a bit mad though and doesn't even remember what he looks like.

I had a WTF moment with the honor system last night as well.

During the trolley station robbery in Saint Denis. So a city full of police are trying to kill me, but when I kill them I lose honor. Like wtf, what exactly am I supposed to do? Just try and dodge my way through a constant stream of enemies? There was no other way to handle that FFS, after I was on a roll for quite some time before with getting honor points

Well that's the point really. You're left with no choice but to be bad sooner or later in that lifestyle. You're an outlaw at the end of the day. You can be a cnut of an outlaw or a respectable one, something along the lines of the Yakuza way of thinking, but either way you'll have to break some eggs eventually.

That your honour fluctuates is part of it, and part of the struggle of living in a roaming gang.

Finished it.

Didnt really enjoy the epilogues, and chapter 5 was a bit of a slog. Enjoyed it immensely overall. Chapter 2 and 3 were my favs.

Was dying to tell you about the fate of any horse you cared for when you said yours died :lol: I also didn't really enjoy the epilogues too much, felt like they were forcing me to like John.. I'm an Arthur fan FFS! It shouldn't have killed him off man

Not surprised by a lot of the complaints about this to be honest.

The missions aren't great, so if that's what you like doing you're never going to have a great experience on this. A guy at work is getting it next week and I know for a fact he'll hate it.

I've tried explaining to him that the missions are poor and it's more about exploring the open world, which are the type of games he hates.

Not surprised by a lot of the complaints about this to be honest.

The missions aren't great, so if that's what you like doing you're never going to have a great experience on this. A guy at work is getting it next week and I know for a fact he'll hate it.

I've tried explaining to him that the missions are poor and it's more about exploring the open world, which are the type of games he hates.

I didn't mind the missions tbh, I knew what to expect and some of them were still epic, the one in chapter 3 springs to mind!

They were as much fun as you made them tbh. There isn't much that can be done about it. People expect miracles. It's just not gonna happen.

Anyone got any ideas how to make missions better?

I didn't mind the missions tbh, I knew what to expect and some of them were still epic, the one in chapter 3 springs to mind!

They were as much fun as you made them tbh. There isn't much that can be done about it. People expect miracles. It's just not gonna happen.

Anyone got any ideas how to make missions better?
As fun as you made them as in? They're linear and you can rarely do much else in them? Or are you referring to one's perception of the missions?

Bumped into a Lemoyne Raider again in St Denis, but this time literally right in front of a copper. He started slashing me with a knife and the police did absolutely nothing. Had to knock him out because no doubt if I used a weapon it would've been like the Annual Policeman's Gala in no time.

As fun as you made them as in? They're linear and you can rarely do much else in them? Or are you referring to one's perception of the missions?

Yeah perception. You still got choices how to kill people I suppose, throwing axes, stealth, rootin tootin gun shootin. Even the hitman games only give you so many options tbh.

Some sort of glitch on amazon this morning and picked it up for £25, will probably stay in the wrapper for a few months until I complete spiderman.

I just cant get myself playing missions... Load the game up, next thing I know 2 hours have passed and I have done absolutely feck all :lol: I tried robbing a train last night like some fella did on a youtube video. My horse wasn't at Riggs station when it stopped (so I could change outfit). So I tried riding there and hopping on while train was moving. Bad idea, fell off and the train clipped and killed me.

Eventually got on to the train and killed the guards etc after stopping the train on the bridge. Tried planting dynamite to open the saes but didn't know how so blew myself to pieces :rolleyes:

Chapter VI, what's up with the

dead or alive in Saint Denis area? Bit of a pain in the hole seeing as I've a few stranger missions I want to do there

Also I can't believe I still haven't come across the damn KKK.

Chapter VI, what's up with the

dead or alive in Saint Denis area? Bit of a pain in the hole seeing as I've a few stranger missions I want to do there

Also I can't believe I still haven't come across the damn KKK.

Venture out to the area North of Rhodes where the legendary Fox is at night. Its just east of Mattock Pond

Did a couple more missions last night but gonna go back to the side things again next time I think. I've got loads of random ones all over the map.

Also my beard has been at 9 for bloody ages. Drank like 3 hair tonics and then bought 3 more. I'm just waiting for the magical 10 and then I'll trim it so Arthur doesn't look so gross and
Tuberculosis-y

Last edited:
Finally managed to catch up to the Wolfman.

Went into his cave and shot his wolves, read his journal and felt so bad! Then he came after me with a knife so I had to put him down. Rockstar sure love modelling penises in their games huh.

Was dying to tell you about the fate of any horse you cared for when you said yours died :lol: I also didn't really enjoy the epilogues too much, felt like they were forcing me to like John.. I'm an Arthur fan FFS! It shouldn't have killed him off man

I actually was using a different horsey at the time. So poor Gilgamesh is sitting in a stable somewhere, waiting for Arthur to collect him. :(

Went down and had a sprint through Blackwater and the likes, god damn bounty hunters are crazy. Managed to find the legendary bison down there, still haven’t got the bull alligator but has to be unlocking soon as it only seems that I have chapter 4 missions left.

If you've played the first Red Dead (actually the second) then playing at John is kinda cool

Man, that final epilogue mission... The bit where the original theme starts to play and you're just gunning everyone down gave me goosebumps. I'm glad Micah got what he deserved but doesn't feel right that Arthur couldn't kill him. After the epilogue though the game just feels empty, Great Plains and Tall Trees are cool but New Austin just feels empty. I wish we could have explored these areas as Arthur.

As awesome as it is to play as John again (top fan service), I missed playing as Arthur greatly, and my horse Stacy, and everything else back in the good times of chapters 2-3. We already had our adventure with John and the novelty of playing him has kinda worn off. It's a whole lot better than going from John to Jack in RDR1 though. I wonder that feeling like this was intentional from Rockstar? Just as I miss Arthur and everything from before the end, this is likely how John feels too knowing that Arthur gave everything to give him the chance at his new life.

I've started a new save just to roam around with Arthur. He's honestly one of the best player character's I've ever played in a game, and this game may have knocked God of War and Witcher 3 of the perch as my favourite game of the generation.

Perfect kills are too difficult. I'm giving up on that.
You have to hunt the legendary buck, in the north of a lake near Strawberry. After that you will get easier the perfect pelts.
For small animals you have to use the varmint rifle