Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Anyone find the Watson cabin north of strawberry? An old woman lives there alone and has tons of valuables and a donkey. There’s also a semi automatic shotgun in her cellar. She was a nasty old lady though, spewing all kinds of venom at me, so I tied her up put her outside while I looted. When I got outside I noticed she’d somehow gotten free and decided to hop on her donkey, while threatening to call for her sons. I quickly went after her and eventually tired her up again, shot the poor donkey so she couldn’t feck off again and untied her again, to give her another chence. Unfortunately she then pulled out a knife on me so that was that. Off with her head.

I killed her, tied her up and left her in the basement to rot. Planning on going back in a couple of days to see if her corpse has rotted.

I killed her, tied her up and left her in the basement to rot. Planning on going back in a couple of days to see if her corpse has rotted.

Haha sure let me know the results. I swear though, there’s just so much to do in this game, and random encounters. By far the best game I’ve played since TW3.

Gd7BTeY.jpg

My god, are you a disgruntled ex employee of Rockstar ?

Just put the damn game down and stop playing it if you hate it so much.
Great. Rockstars don't criticise the game please brigade are here. Happened with GTAV too.

Lagras and it’s surrounding marshland areas at night are the eeriest setting I’ve encountered in a game in quite some time.

Voice actor is excellent, though. Constant voice breaks and bizarre monologues, he’s got the cult leader personality down to a tee.

Paying a bounty in Saint Denis is the hardest. Trying to sneak right across town to the dock is a pain when there's lawmen everywhere. I paid mine off the other day and then while attempting to mount my horse, accidentally speared a guy and f*cking started it all over again.
:lol: the feck? How does that happen?

the honor system really fecks me off sometimes. I finally got max honor last night, and then i encounter this butt naked guy in the forest, and he runs away, so i chase him into his cave where his 2 pet wolves immediately attack me, so to defend myself, i kill them, and then my honour drops?

I forgot about all those home robbery tips I've received. They don't actually stay visible on your map either do they? Any way to check up what you've been told? (other than Google I guess)

I take it he didn't catch it? :lol:
Nope, started groaning in pain all over the floor while holding his jewels shouting ‘I said go for the head!’. The curtains then shut in front of him before the host quickly came out to bring on the next act :D

My Arthur Morgan is a seriously conflicted man. When I'm free roaming, he's a pretty honourable sort, rarely refusing to help someone and generally not being an asshole. Then a story mission comes along and he turns into a selfish whiner who doesn't want to help anyone. Even though I still like the story missions, that lack of consistency in your character is a bit jarring.

My Arthur Morgan is a seriously conflicted man. When I'm free roaming, he's a pretty honourable sort, rarely refusing to help someone and generally not being an asshole. Then a story mission comes along and he turns into a selfish whiner who doesn't want to help anyone. Even though I still like the story missions, that lack of consistency in your character is a bit jarring.
The illusion of choice and what made me finally give up on the game. Your actions make practically no difference to the story and unless you play Arthur as a bit of a bastard, the honour system is contradictory and pretty pointless.

RD2 looks incredible but it’s not a game changer; not even close.

the honor system really fecks me off sometimes. I finally got max honor last night, and then i encounter this butt naked guy in the forest, and he runs away, so i chase him into his cave where his 2 pet wolves immediately attack me, so to defend myself, i kill them, and then my honour drops?

I had a WTF moment with the honor system last night as well.

During the trolley station robbery in Saint Denis. So a city full of police are trying to kill me, but when I kill them I lose honor. Like wtf, what exactly am I supposed to do? Just try and dodge my way through a constant stream of enemies? There was no other way to handle that FFS, after I was on a roll for quite some time before with getting honor points

The illusion of choice and what made me finally give up on the game. Your actions make practically no difference to the story and unless you play Arthur as a bit of a bastard, the honour system is contradictory and pretty pointless.

Your honor determines how the story ends.

Your honor determines how the story ends.
I’ve seen the endings and you influence very little. Think about whether any of the choices you made during the game for Arthur make any real difference to his outcome? You’re forced along the contradictory storyline and get the stereotypical good or bad ending.

The story needed the love and variation that the open world was given. RD2 was made for multiplayer and micro transactions like GTAV.

I’ve seen the endings and you influence very little. Think about whether any of the choices you made during the game for Arthur make any real difference to his outcome? You’re forced along the contradictory storyline and get the stereotypical good or bad ending.

The story needed the love and variation that the open world was given. RD2 was made for multiplayer and micro transactions like GTAV.

As a prequel it's pretty hard to be able to influence the ending too much anyway, certain things needed to end how they do surely?

Are there any games that truly give you free choice? It's always just an illusion.

Some pull it off better than others but RDR2 isn't the worst, nor is it the best. The games that do pull off the best tend to play more like interactive movies than games. One thing they've nailed though is the interactions your actions cause. Having NPCs reference things I've done is what truly makes the world feel real.

So you gave up on the game because of the honour system? seems like a really poor excuse to stop playing, the game is amazing regardless of that system.

You quit playing then went on YouTube to check the endings :lol: fecking hell how sad.

As a prequel it's pretty hard to be able to influence the ending too much anyway, certain things needed to end how they do surely?
Certain things yes but there was nothing stopping them making the story full of big meaningful decisions that actively changes your experience as you play. Quantic Dream are the masters of this and Telltale did it well with Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us. The western genre is perfect for gut wrenching decisions. All but a couple of the main deaths are completely scripted in RD2. Hell.. I’ve got more control over my story while playing Persona 5 at the moment.

The choices you make are all about the honor system. If you know the endings then you can see that it affects something, and your honor or lack thereof determines whether you can do certain missions which truly flesh out why the honor system actually matters and does affect things.

Certain things yes but there was nothing stopping them making the story full of big meaningful decisions that actively changes your experience as you play. Quantic Dream are the masters of this and Telltale did it well with Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us. The western genre is perfect for gut wrenching decisions. All but a couple of the main deaths are completely scripted in RD2. Hell.. I’ve got more control over my story while playing Persona 5 at the moment.
That's a lie, there's very little story choice in persona 5.

I don't get how you can start this game and not finish it. Honestly don't.

Are there any games that truly give you free choice? It's always just an illusion.

Some pull it off better than others but RDR2 isn't the worst, nor is it the best. The games that do pull off the best tend to play more like interactive movies than games. One thing they've nailed though is the interactions your actions cause. Having NPCs reference things I've done is what truly makes the world feel real.
Nah, it's far too much work to create all the possible permutations for a truly choice based game. RDR 2 is pretty good in showing you the consequences of your actions, but it's the discrepancy in Arthur's character between the pre-determined narrative and free-roam events that bothers me. It's only minor though.

I do that all the time. If I'm not enjoying something I'm not going to keep playing.

I've done this with Yakuza 0 and Final Fantasy XV, even after pouring 30+ hours in each game. Ultimately, if you don't enjoy it enough, why waste more time on it? It's not like your money will be spent better by spending more time not enjoying it.

So you gave up on the game because of the honour system? seems like a really poor excuse to stop playing, the game is amazing regardless of that system.

You quit playing then went on YouTube to check the endings :lol: fecking hell how sad.
Have a word with yourself. What’s sad is coming to conclusions about me and making a fool of yourself.

Despite having lost interest I stuck with it and finished the game. Roughly 65 hours. I also created multiple save files so I could go back and affect the honour system to see the different endings. When I said I gave up on it I was referring to convincing myself this was a groundbreaking game. If you read back through my posts in this thread you will see that I think the game is amazing.. but only in places.