Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

You can buy the Legend of the East satchel from the fence in Van Horn without doing all the hunting when you've finished the story btw (still have to buy all the other satchels first before it unlocks though).

Seems a bit pointless at the end of the game surely? I need it now really or I might as well not bother.

What's the size of the Foxtrotter like compared to the Thoroughbred?
It’s a lot thicker, it is probably about the same height, it’s not that much shorter than my Turkoman. noticed the thoroughbred is tied with the Foxtrotter for top end but Foxtrotter has a lot more health.

I saw this huuuuge beauty of a horse which was a shire horse but it was in a bronze colour. I was tempted to make it my new ride. The thing was massive but probably moves like a tanker.

It’s a lot thicker, it is probably about the same height, it’s not that much shorter than my Turkoman. noticed the thoroughbred is tied with the Foxtrotter for top end but Foxtrotter has a lot more health.

Ah really. I need to upgrade. I'm sure my 2nd Thoroughbred isn't as fast as my first.

only just started playing this - incredible. but a bit annoying that getting the camp out of the red into the yellow (provisions etc) costs a fortune - most of my money has just gone on that :(

Anyone got any decent names for their horses? I was hoping mine would be male so I could call it Duke - but it was female (the white awesome one you can find up in the snow) so I've called it Willow - which isn't anywhere near as good. Tempted by 'White Lightning' but I'm not sure any decent cowboy would have called their horse that.

I’m beginning to think horses have their own personalities. Not sure if it’s based on breed or sex. But even well into bonding with my big Turk, he’s still a right bastard. He kicked me for standing behind him while I was distracted for a few moments. Always whinnying... have to calm him down constantly.

I don’t know what his problem is...

UMMMMMM!! anyone come across the “wolfman” yet? Just chased some butt naked dude who was howling and growling at me back to his cave.

got to his cave and he set two wolves on me so I killed them and now he is curled up crying on the floor butt naked. Not sure if I should just kill him or let him be. [/spoilers]

only just started playing this - incredible. but a bit annoying that getting the camp out of the red into the yellow (provisions etc) costs a fortune - most of my money has just gone on that :(

Anyone got any decent names for their horses? I was hoping mine would be male so I could call it Duke - but it was female (the white awesome one you can find up in the snow) so I've called it Willow - which isn't anywhere near as good. Tempted by 'White Lightning' but I'm not sure any decent cowboy would have called their horse that.

Is there really any benefit from developing the camp? I have only finished 30% of the story and have barely touched my camp yet but I don't see how it would help as the game is easy enough without it. I got $2,500 in my pocket right now though, having already paid over $800 of bounties (I have no bounty on me anywhere) and bought a horse for $550 in total (I wanted $1,500 one but they were not available in any of the stables when I went shopping for them), I don't really know what I can spend the remaining $2,500 on. Maybe I'll donate a thousand or so to the camp.

The world is so massive, not just in size but also in detail. I came across an injured fellow in the woods around Rhodes yesterday and he wanted to go to a doctor in Saint Denis. This was the first time I rode to Saint Denis and dear, was I blown away by that city. I think I will actually need to come back there for proper missions within the next 20 hours so I'll leave more explarations until then. I am yet to travel to New Austin too, have not been there even once. Part of me just wants to ride around as much as possible and explore, I don't want to speed up the story in this game at all as I want to be playing this into 2019 and not finish this until at least mid-January.

No. It’s fecking annoying. All you get is whatever was in Arthur’s satchel.

They compensate by giving you a decent chunk of money at the end of the epilogue.
Ffs. Do you think the money given at the end corresponds to how much you made before, seems a bit pointless to do loads of treasure hunts, get loads of dosh, then it all just doesn't count. Bullshit.

Last edited:
Ffs. Do you think the money given at the end corresponds to how much you made before, seems a bit pointless to do loads of treasure hunts, get loads of dosh, then it all just doesn't count. Bullshit.
Not sure if you want to know exactly but I had $3000 with Arthur and the money they gave me at the end of the epilogue was
$20000
Don't know if they always give the same amount or if it depends on how much you had

Just got to Chapter V. Wasn’t expecting that!

How many chapters are there? Wanna finish this now so I can focus on Battlefield V tomorrow onwards.

Just got to Chapter V. Wasn’t expecting that!

How many chapters are there? Wanna finish this now so I can focus on Battlefield V tomorrow onwards.
:lol: Good luck with that! There's 6 chapters and 2 epilogues.

You're not finishing it within the day, unless you've got literally nothing else to do.

I had to abandon the Buell side mission because I couldn’t tame him.

Hate that fecking horse.

well, i feel a little dead inside now. One mission into the epilogue and I'm missing Arthur already.

I'm having similar issues. Well I don't mind the amount of dialogue, but I find the characters so unlikeable. I mean they roll in to the edge of civilisation and then begin robbing the people living there? They deserve to be shot at and hunted, I'm struggling to feel any sympathy for them. At least in the original Marston was trying to reform. So I'm not being dragged along all that much by the story, which hasn't been all that good so far either.

Then the shoddy controls and constant niggles just make it a chore to play. I was really enjoying it at first, but feel like I've hit a wall in chapter 3 and need to leave it for a while to play something else.

I still enjoy it when I'm out in the wilderness hunting and looking for treasure. It's just around camp and story missions have lost all grip on me.
It's a strange experience for me. In that the world and it's 'encounters', small tasks/side missions, exploration and hunting is the meat of the experience, whereas the actual story and gameplay are a distant side dish. Which is, in a way, a bit of a shame to be honest. Right now, I have very little interest in the story - like you say, were playing a bunch of crooks. There isn't that much to be invested in.I can't give much of a shit about Arthur and Dutch's 'problems' when they're merrily going around shooting and robbing just about anyone.

And the gameplay is just so incredibly basic. The combat literally exists for you to feel involved and in control. There's so little depth to it.

But, like I said, the world and the experience of it is just wonderful. I can see myself in it for a long time to come, and that in itself coupled with a story/narrative that isn't, so far, badly done by means (just not great), makes this an excellent all round game in itself. Just as of now, it's not one of the greats. Lots of time for that to change.

Does Marston's voice sound different compared to the first game? Someone mentioned being it being annoying. And while I agree, I don't remember it being as grating in RDR 1. I suppose it is a younger Marston after all.

I really hope GTA 6 gets a new game engine. The gameplay in this feels so clunky and dated.

Great game but I just want to finish it now, it’s very repetitive.

Does Marston's voice sound different compared to the first game? Someone mentioned being it being annoying. And while I agree, I don't remember it being as grating in RDR 1. I suppose it is a younger Marston after all.

It sounds the same to me and it is the same guy.

Just started chapter 4 last night. I only wanted to drop off some perfect pelts to Pearson but as soon as I set foot in camp the final chapter 3 mission activated. Quite enjoyed hunting on my own for a couple of days in the wilderness. Charles came and tracked me down at one point to find out what I was doing and ask me to come back back with him which was a nice touch.

I really hope GTA 6 gets a new game engine. The gameplay in this feels so clunky and dated.

Great game but I just want to finish it now, it’s very repetitive.
GTA 6 will almost certainly be a next gen game so I’d imagine they’d build a new engine for it. This isn’t Bethesda we’re talking about.

CD Projekt red will probably raise the bar so high with Cyberpunk 2077 Rockstar will feel obligated to catch up.

GTA 6 will almost certainly be a next gen game so I’d imagine they’d build a new engine for it. This isn’t Bethesda we’re talking about.

CD Projekt red will probably raise the bar so high with Cyberpunk 2077 Rockstar will feel obligated to catch up.
:drool:

Cyberpunk oh my. I can’t wait for that.

It sounds the same to me and it is the same guy.

Just started chapter 4 last night. I only wanted to drop off some perfect pelts to Pearson but as soon as I set foot in camp the final chapter 3 mission activated. Quite enjoyed hunting on my own for a couple of days in the wilderness. Charles came and tracked me down at one point to find out what I was doing and ask me to come back back with him which was a nice touch.
that's pretty cool. I think what always amazes me about this game are the small little things people say happen to them in it that never happened in mine. So many camp conversations I just never saw, or random shit in the wilderness (although i wish the damn KKK would show up for me). Really makes you feel like it's not all just completely scripted and immerses me in it.

So is there any point to crafting the camp upgrades with Pearson, like the antlers and the rugs around camp? Or is it just purely cosmetic?

What's the point of hunting ? Other than Legendary animals, is there any real benefit? I think I've been hunting all wrong. My sachel is full so I have not been getting all the parts which I assume must be of some use when crafting

What's the point of hunting ? Other than Legendary animals, is there any real benefit? I think I've been hunting all wrong. My sachel is full so I have not been getting all the parts which I assume must be of some use when crafting
The parts you don't get are things like fat and meat used for cooking and crafting. Hunting is really just to upgrade your satchels.

Hunting and all of that secondary stuff like pouring funds into the camp is pretty pointless I found. I’m at the end of Chapter 6 now and wish that I didn’t waste so much time on the camp etc.

The game is easy enough without doing the other stuff.

The parts you don't get are things like fat and meat used for cooking and crafting. Hunting is really just to upgrade your satchels.

Hunting and all of that secondary stuff like pouring funds into the camp is pretty pointless I found. I’m at the end of Chapter 6 now and wish that I didn’t waste so much time on the camp etc.

The game is easy enough without doing the other stuff.
Hmmm. Doesn't seem like I'd be missing out if I avoided it altogether apart from for shits and giggles.