Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Reached Chapter 3 and I still have just 800 dollars in my pocket. Making money is difficult in this game (and real life).

Also my horse died. R.I.P "Mud".

Reached Chapter 3 and I still have just 800 dollars in my pocket. Making money is difficult in this game (and real life).

Also my horse died. R.I.P "Mud".
There's a mission in chapter 3 that gets you a shitload of money. Also worth doing some treasure hunts to get gold bars. By the end of chapter 3 I was minted.

There's a mission in chapter 3 that gets you a shitload of money. Also worth doing some treasure hunts to get gold bars. By the end of chapter 3 I was minted.
Only got clues related to one map yet. And that seems rather vague.

This is boring the feck out of me. Too much dialogue, unnatural controls and movement that feels so slow and clunky.

I enjoyed the first one but I don't think I have the patience for this.

This is boring the feck out of me. Too much dialogue, unnatural controls and movement that feels so slow and clunky.

I enjoyed the first one but I don't think I have the patience for this.
I'm having similar issues. Well I don't mind the amount of dialogue, but I find the characters so unlikeable. I mean they roll in to the edge of civilisation and then begin robbing the people living there? They deserve to be shot at and hunted, I'm struggling to feel any sympathy for them. At least in the original Marston was trying to reform. So I'm not being dragged along all that much by the story, which hasn't been all that good so far either.

Then the shoddy controls and constant niggles just make it a chore to play. I was really enjoying it at first, but feel like I've hit a wall in chapter 3 and need to leave it for a while to play something else.

I still enjoy it when I'm out in the wilderness hunting and looking for treasure. It's just around camp and story missions have lost all grip on me.

I'm having similar issues. Well I don't mind the amount of dialogue, but I find the characters so unlikeable. I mean they roll in to the edge of civilisation and then begin robbing the people living there? They deserve to be shot at and hunted, I'm struggling to feel any sympathy for them. At least in the original Marston was trying to reform. So I'm not being dragged along all that much by the story, which hasn't been all that good so far either.

Then the shoddy controls and constant niggles just make it a chore to play. I was really enjoying it at first, but feel like I've hit a wall in chapter 3 and need to leave it for a while to play something else.

I still enjoy it when I'm out in the wilderness hunting and looking for treasure. It's just around camp and story missions have lost all grip on me.
I mean they are “bad guys”, they’re a gang of outlaws. Nobody ever said they were supposed to be nice, but that’s why you have the choice to do either.

Embrace the bad guy.

And I thought there was a bug making the fecking opossums drop dead when I approach them, until accidently (on an article about sharks) I read about some animals playing dead, the most famous of which, the opossum.

Boy I love this game :lol:

Were you on foot or horse and if a horse which one? See I’ve discovered a problem with the white Arabian, it might be fast and have great acceleration and stamina but the fecker is a coward. If a badger squared up to it, it would buck you off in a milli second to save it’s life.

I was on foot because I'd chased a crazy woman into the woods, very far north east. Luckily had the right gun on me.

Do you have full bonding with it? I think that affects how likely it is to freak out.

I was on foot because I'd chased a crazy woman into the woods, very far north east. Luckily had the right gun on me.

Do you have full bonding with it? I think that affects how likely it is to freak out.

I do but still the Arabian is a coward, it reacts very badly to gunfire and takes ages to calm itself back down so anything like a wolf, cougar or panther and you’ve got no chance, it bucks you off and you can’t get a shot off.

However I have just found what I think must be a glitch because I’ve passed this area a couple of times which is effectivly someone’s garden but in this garden/backyard stable there are always two horses. I’ve just got myself a Missouri foxtrotter from there. I went back and there was the Black Arabian that has more health than the white and next to him was a gold turkoman. I had to make a choice so I stole the black Arabian as I could only take 1.

When I get these horses to a stable the guy kicks off because they are all overweight, so in reality I’m rescuing these horses. Going to keep an eye on this place but sucks you can only stable 4 horses, just had to sell the thourughbred I had and I might sell the war horse you get as an add on as I need the space.

Edit: oh and no one has kicked off about me stealing 3 horses from here. I stole an American paint earlier but it was short and bogus.

Edit 2: went back and there was a Gold dapple Turkoman so I stole it, have taken it to the stable and it says I can’t stable a gang horse?

Last edited:
I do but still the Arabian is a coward, it reacts very badly to gunfire and takes ages to calm itself back down so anything like a wolf, cougar or panther and you’ve got no chance, it bucks you off and you can’t get a shot off.

However I have just found what I think must be a glitch because I’ve passed this area a couple of times which is effectivly someone’s garden but in this garden/backyard stable there are always two horses. I’ve just got myself a Missouri foxtrotter from there. I went back and there was the Black Arabian that has more health than the white and next to him was a gold turkoman. I had to make a choice so I stole the black Arabian as I could only take 1.

When I get these horses to a stable the guy kicks off because they are all overweight, so in reality I’m rescuing these horses. Going to keep an eye on this place but sucks you can only stable 4 horses, just had to sell the thourughbred I had and I might sell the war horse you get as an add on as I need the space.

Edit: oh and no one has kicked off about me stealing 3 horses from here. I stole an American paint earlier but it was short and bogus.

Edit 2: went back and there was a Good dapple Turkoman so I stole it, have taken it to the stable and it says I can’t stable a gang horse?

I've never had a problem with being bucked off my arabian but i haven't done much hunting maybe that's why.

That backyard stable glitch has been useless for me, always has crap horses there for me. One time i got a mustang then got chased and the poor thing was killed in the crossfire.

I've never had a problem with being bucked off my arabian but i haven't done much hunting maybe that's why.

That backyard stable glitch has been useless for me, always has crap horses there for me. One time i got a mustang then got chased and the poor thing was killed in the crossfire.
I’ve taken to manual saving just outside it. Have a look, if there is nothing there, exit game and restart and 2 new horses spawn every time, it’s just luck which one you get. However now I’ve just gotten a silver Turkoman and it won’t let me stable it as again supposedly a gang horse. Wonder if someone in my gang has one and that’s why I can’t stable it.

What kinda Mustang was it? The tiger stripe one?

After not being able to stable the gold Turkoman or Silver I went back and a
Dark Bay
one was available and I was able to saddle that one, looks cool but I really wanted the silver one.

Last edited:
I don't know which chapter I'm on. Either 4 or 5.

I'm still in the swamp mansion, if that helps.

End of chapter 4

fecking Lenny and Josea man :( my favourite characters after Arthur

Because Lenny happened in-game I felt guilty that I should’ve shot those guys earlier but it was probably impossible.

I really like Arthur, moreso than John Marston who’s voice grates on me after a while.

I’ve just got to the big City, south of the map. Chapter 4 I think?

Question for anyone that can help. I spent a fortune upgrading the camp in chapter 2 and 3. Will the things like boat come over to the new place we’re now staying at?

I’m looking forward to see how everything pans out. I am still not sure on the main story though. There has been no surprises or anything that WOWed me yet. But maybe the writers wanted it this way? After all, it’s a game about bandits, why complicate it?

Saying all of that, I’m enjoying it a hell of a lot now I’ve given it time. I wasn’t sure on it at first.

The controls and gunplay is stuck in the last generation of gaming though, I am sticking to that opinion. It’s still far too clunky and awkward, drives me crazy having to manoeuvre through small towns on horseback at times.

drives me crazy having to manoeuvre through small towns on horseback at times.
You’ll hate Saint Denis then, the drift technique is key I find for negotiating those tight corners and allyways. They drive on the wrong side of the road as well.

I’ve taken to manual saving just outside it. Have a look, if there is nothing there, exit game and restart and 2 new horses spawn every time, it’s just luck which one you get. However now I’ve just gotten a silver Turkoman and it won’t let me stable it as again supposedly a gang horse. Wonder if someone in my gang has one and that’s why I can’t stable it.

What kinda Mustang was it? The tiger stripe one?
Yeah that's strange, I will have a try of that when i complete the story, i have been with my white arabian since chapter 2 so it wouldn't be right to abandon her now.

Yeah i think it was the tiger striped mustang, i gave up looking for a new horse after that.

Yeah that's strange, I will have a try of that when i complete the story, i have been with my white arabian since chapter 2 so it wouldn't be right to abandon her now.

Yeah i think it was the tiger striped mustang, i gave up looking for a new horse after that.
Ouch that has to hurt. Supposedly that is one of the rarest horses in the game. The tiger stripe mustang that is. I want it but my stable is full currently.

I have used the white Arabian (Pegasus) all the way till now. Going to try out the Turkoman see how it is. Really liked the Arabian apart from the bucking but now I also have the black Arabian I might sell the white one to create space.

Ouch that has to hurt. Supposedly that is one of the rarest horses in the game. The tiger stripe mustang that is. I want it but my stable is full currently.

I have used the white Arabian (Pegasus) all the way till now. Going to try out the Turkoman see how it is. Really liked the Arabian apart from the bucking but now I also have the black Arabian I might sell the white one to create space.

I quite fancy the gold turkoman to be honest the only problem i have with my arabian is the size of it, i think its its same size as a donkey.

Is there a noticeable difference in speed and acceleration ?

On the stats it's a couple of bars, but I've not used the Arabian one. The turk actually feels similar to my Mustang which is a bit odd as it should be a lot better, however I think because it's a lot bigger it's a bit of a mind trick and it probably is going faster.

Anyone else playing this on standards PS4? Or is everyone on the Pro? Just wondered if there was a major difference

Surely most are on the standard? It runs beautifully for me anyway, best looking open world game since Horizon Zero Dawn.

I own both a PS4 Pro and an Xbox One X. I bought this for the X because it’s supposed to be superior on that platform from a technical standpoint. And boy, it looks so good on my Sony 4K tv.

Curious what others think but I felt the game play to be a massively unnecessary drag after this point.
I get that. I mean, it was obvious he'd die from the fact it's a prequel and he wasn't in the first, but knowing it's a slow death and you're controlling him knowing he'll die slow is really bumming me out.

Curious what others think but I felt the game play to be a massively unnecessary drag after this point.
I get that. I mean, it was obvious he'd die from the fact it's a prequel and he wasn't in the first, but knowing it's a slow death and you're controlling him knowing he'll die slow is really bumming me out.
Yeah, I think that’s where the charm of the game is really lost. It begins in the clusterfeck that is chapter 5 and never truly picks up to the heights it once did. Typical Rockstar fashion of struggling to tie the final arc tidily.

In some ways it’s commendable to have that be the thing that confirms the mortality of Arthur. It’s pretty bold - the player always knew Arthur’s faith was out of their hands, but to have it decided by something like that is an interesting style to take.

Still, from a gameplay perspective motivation to do sidequests and innocent exploration is kind of lost when you’ve got a visibly ill Arthur spluttering on screen in every cut scene.

My mindset then focussed on grinding through the main plot, but then these totally irrelevant, weaker characters are thrust onto you and you’re stuck with repetitive missions until the final one - which, to be fair, is a real good pay-off.

For those reasons above I just can’t see the game as anything more than another very good game to add to the collection, rather than one that storms into position of ‘best I’ve ever played’.

Much like how Arthur gradually begins to lose faith in Dutch, I began to find the game resonate less and less as I crawled to the end.

I quite fancy the gold turkoman to be honest the only problem i have with my arabian is the size of it, i think its its same size as a donkey.

Yeah, I never really minded the size but now I’m on the Turkoman :devil:

Only complaint is that it doesn’t seem all that fast and acceleration seems to take an age as well but only at bond 3 right now. Not sure he’d make the Strawberry to Saint Denis run without getting wet in under 9 parsecs. The L3 calm stamina trick doesn’t seem to work either but maybe it only works at bond 4.

On the plus side come up against a good few packs of wolves and the difference is amazing. He has bucked me off but that is only because I was mucking about trying to get deadeye core up and they surrounded us. I had taken out a few before we got to that. He’s even faced down a grizzly and been cool whilst I lined up a shot on a black bear.

Chapter 6
That fecking diagnosis :(
Christ you got to chapter 6 quick wasn't you on chapter 3 two days ago ? Or am i confusing you with someone else
Yeah, I never really minded the size but now I’m on the Turkoman :devil:

Only complaint is that it doesn’t seem all that fast and acceleration seems to take an age as well but only at bond 3 right now. Not sure he’d make the Strawberry to Saint Denis run without getting wet in under 9 parsecs. The L3 calm stamina trick doesn’t seem to work either but maybe it only works at bond 4.

On the plus side come up against a good few packs of wolves and the difference is amazing. He has bucked me off but that is only because I was mucking about trying to get deadeye core up and they surrounded us. I had taken out a few before we got to that. He’s even faced down a grizzly and been cool whilst I lined up a shot on a black bear.
Good stuff i think i will give one a try after i finish the story then.