Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Almost through with the story...

Knowing how RDR1 went with Jon not being with Abigail and Jack, and then with Jon eventually dying, it feels like rdr2 pretty much has multiple sad endings instead of just 1. First is Arthur’s storyline, followed by a sad ending with Jon and Abigail breaking up and eventually being captured/separated by the Pinkertons.
I don’t mind a sad ending usually, but this seems to be going from tough (start of RDR2), to bad (Arthur’s diagnosis) to worse (Arthur’s death), to even worse (J+A Breakup), to horrible (Pinkertons threatening Jon as they have Abigail and Jack), to more horrible (Jon’s death). WTF

That said, I haven’t finished the epilogue, so idk what happens.

Press down while aiming and it acts like a normal rifle, plus use deadeye.
Don’t quite get what you’re meaning here. What am I pushing down on? The D-pad? Just pushed down on a few things whilst aiming and still only have the scope as an option.

Edit: so turns out this is a common thing. I’ve tried aiming and pushing down on the D-pad but no change. Some people have said it’s a bug, some guy mentioned it’s just the rolling block rifle which is the one I’m using. So I’m going to head to a gun store when I get a chance and see if this is true.

Last edited:
Don’t quite get what you’re meaning here. What am I pushing down on? The D-pad? Just pushed down on a few things whilst aiming and still only have the scope as an option.

Edit: so turns out this is a common thing. I’ve tried aiming and pushing down on the D-pad but no change. Some people have said it’s a bug, some guy mentioned it’s just the rolling block rifle which is the one I’m using. So I’m going to head to a gun store when I get a chance and see if this is true.
Yeah, d-pad, sorry. Weird that it's not working, buy the springfield instead, I have no problems with the scope on that.

Yeah, d-pad, sorry. Weird that it's not working, buy the springfield instead, I have no problems with the scope on that.
I’ve done some research. So every rifle bar the rolling block it works with. I think it must be because you buy it with the scope already attached. It only has one setting.

Tested out the
Varmint rifle (didn’t even know I could scope with that, would have made life so much easier)
Springfield
Bolt action

All of these you can change in and out of scope. So now it’s time to go and get me a panther pelt as pretty much the last 2 days have all just been hunting or fishing and I might need to do some missions soonish.

Edit: update got him. After a full day of wondering the forest from morning till night and no sign I gave up and wondered back to my horse that I left on the road. Just away to set off when I spot the red dot, Ghost throws me off and runs for his life, I was hoping to get the shot off before it came to that. He bolts, the panther comes at me again, this time I’m ready, no scoped him clean between the eyes. Pristine baby!!

Last edited:

I've just bought that and didn't even know I could use a scope on it. I've been doing the equivalent of hip firing since I started I guess.

Almost through with the story...

Knowing how RDR1 went with Jon not being with Abigail and Jack, and then with Jon eventually dying, it feels like rdr2 pretty much has multiple sad endings instead of just 1. First is Arthur’s storyline, followed by a sad ending with Jon and Abigail breaking up and eventually being captured/separated by the Pinkertons.
I don’t mind a sad ending usually, but this seems to be going from tough (start of RDR2), to bad (Arthur’s diagnosis) to worse (Arthur’s death), to even worse (J+A Breakup), to horrible (Pinkertons threatening Jon as they have Abigail and Jack), to more horrible (Jon’s death). WTF

That said, I haven’t finished the epilogue, so idk what happens.
I mean it is the typical Western motif, is it not? Arthur and John were bad men who lived in a life that was inevitably going to catch up to them. Both found salvation, redemption, but ultimately it was too late.

No spoilers - within a spoiler lol - but the Epilogue finishes sweetly. Even with the looming consequences of RD1.

I’ve done some research. So every rifle bar the rolling block it works with. I think it must be because you buy it with the scope already attached. It only has one setting.

Tested out the
Varmint rifle (didn’t even know I could scope with that, would have made life so much easier)
Springfield
Bolt action

All of these you can change in and out of scope. So now it’s time to go and get me a panther pelt as pretty much the last 2 days have all just been hunting or fishing and I might need to do some missions soonish.
Didn't realise it came with one.

The panther is a bitch, took me ages because they were always good or poor. But got one yesterday, just a few left for legend of the east satchel.

I've just bought that and didn't even know I could use a scope on it. I've been doing the equivalent of hip firing since I started I guess.
Yeah, just go into a gun store and hit customise, then you can add a scope. It's a great gun and my main rifle.

Didn't realise it came with one.

The panther is a bitch, took me ages because they were always good or poor. But got one yesterday, just a few left for legend of the east satchel.

I had just put this edit in to my earlier post.

Edit: update got him. After a full day of wondering the forest from morning till night and no sign I gave up and wondered back to my horse that I left on the road. Just away to set off when I spot the red dot, Ghost throws me off and runs for his life, I was hoping to get the shot off before it came to that. He bolts, the panther comes at me again, this time I’m ready, no scoped him clean between the eyes. Pristine baby!!

That’s what I’m currently working my way towards, I just have the Materials satchel to do now. Deer and Boar will be easy but Iguana?

Panther seems like one of those where you just have to shoot it when it attacks you, that’s the only time I’ve ever seen one, when it’s trying to eat me. So basically pot luck to its standard.

I have a Rare version of the rollling block, that’s why I use it often.

I had just put this edit in to my earlier post.

That’s what I’m currently working my way towards, I just have the Materials satchel to do now. Deer and Boar will be easy but Iguana?

Panther seems like one of those where you just have to shoot it when it attacks you, that’s the only time I’ve ever seen one, when it’s trying to eat me. So basically pot luck to its standard.

I have a Rare version of the rollling block, that’s why I use it often.
Iguana is on the small lake island opposite the lakeside camp.

Yeah, I got my perfect as it attacked too.

Think I'll just hunt for the next few days. I've got zero trinkets or anything like that. Literally not crafted a single thing yet

Edit: update got him. After a full day of wondering the forest from morning till night and no sign

This is hilarious cos I turned up to the forest and noticed a red dot within seconds of entering it. I jumped off my horse, waited another few seconds til I saw it moving towards me, dead eye - boom. Easiest hunt I'll ever have :lol:

This is hilarious cos I turned up to the forest and noticed a red dot within seconds of entering it. I jumped off my horse, waited another few seconds til I saw it moving towards me, dead eye - boom. Easiest hunt I'll ever have :lol:

I had encountered him a few times when just riding past that area and same thing, red dot then attack but this time nah.

@Schmiznurf thats me unlocked the Legend of the east, just away to go farm the parts for it. 2 animals which will be a pain. Luckily I seem to have 1 already but no idea when I got it or how I got a pristine one.

I had encountered him a few times when just riding past that area and same thing, red dot then attack but this time nah.

@Schmiznurf thats me unlocked the Legend of the east, just away to go farm the parts for it. 2 animals which will be a pain. Luckily I seem to have 1 already but no idea when I got it or how I got a pristine one.
The cougar will be the annoying one, I spent 15 minutes riding around the spawn area for it and found nothing, a wolf and deer won't be too difficult though.

The cougar will be the annoying one, I spent 15 minutes riding around the spawn area for it and found nothing, a wolf and deer won't be too difficult though.
The cougar was an absolute bitch. It took me around 20 reloads to finally get it. fecker just kept ambushing me every time.

Best way is to save right beside their spot and reload until you see s 3 star one. They always seemed to appear in the same spot again.

Its taken 2 hrs but eventually got the fecker. So I have the wolf, just killed the cougar and i’ll Pick up a deer on the way home.

Went up to Owanjila/Big Valley as soon as I came round the corner I was ambushed, thrown off the horse and he got me. There was a snake and a bear as 3 red dots popped up. Came back was attacked again but this time I got him only a 2star.

Nightfall came and I was just leaving when I saw something cross the road in front of me upahead, the feckers eyes glow in the dark. Anyway hopped off before my horse could react, he charged, rifle was ready end of story.

To add, Potent Bait is useless.

Just got myself the wolf on the way to doing one of the treasure hunts. Think I'll pick up a trinket and some sights for my rifle

Has anyone heard about the vampire treasure hunt?

Apparently you can get a sweet knife out of it.

I might follow it online because there's no way I will otherwise.

Seems like my broke ass is the only who isnt playing this. Question: Is it better than God of War in terms of the storyline?

Has anyone heard about the vampire treasure hunt?

Apparently you can get a sweet knife out of it.

I might follow it online because there's no way I will otherwise.
I’ve found one clue for it by the market in Saint Denis, but I first heard someone talking about him in Rhodes, I think it’s Gavin!! (the real mystery of RDR2)

Need to finish this game so I can get a semblance of normalcy in my life

Seems like my broke ass is the only who isnt playing this. Question: Is it better than God of War in terms of the storyline?
It's impossible to compare because I mean, it's just impossible. 2 great games for sure

I’ve found one clue for it by the market in Saint Denis, but I first heard someone talking about him in Rhodes, I think it’s Gavin!! (the real mystery of RDR2)

Haha...or he was killed by one. It all looks like it revolves around St Denis though. Isn't it meant to be old New Orleans? Which has history with vamps.

Anyway, there's one clue across from the main saloon which is the one I saw. Just looking now and the rest would be very difficult/impossible to find otherwise.

One, for example, is an area I've been and would never go to again.

Great game but feel like I need to give it a lot more time than I am, in one sitting I mean. Really immerse myself in it. I’m just doing a couple hours here and there after work.

So finished chapter 6. I won't say anything other than this is the most I've ever felt invested in a game.

The acting and storytelling is incredible.

Verging on a Blood Meridian spin off at times.

Some people seem to be flying through this whereas I've put in probably 30 hours and not even started chapter 3 yet.
Yeah same. I’ve easily put in more than 30hrs, probably 60+and have just started chapter 4. Part of the Joy is just going out to random places and finding things for me. Been a day or two since I’ve even looked at a main story mission.

Some people seem to be flying through this whereas I've put in probably 30 hours and not even started chapter 3 yet.

I started to concentrate on the story after Chapter 4. Things really speed up and I was concious of spoilers. You can hunt later, the story becomes compelling.

So finished chapter 6. I won't say anything other than this is the most I've ever felt invested in a game.

The acting and storytelling is incredible.

Verging on a Blood Meridian spin off at times.

Not that far yet but I was contemplating turning Arthur into the judge (both physically and metaphorically). Would be taking a massive hit in karma though and I've been pretty good up until now.

Last edited:
Yeah same. I’ve easily put in more than 30hrs, probably 60+and have just started chapter 4. Part of the Joy is just going out to random places and finding things for me. Been a day or two since I’ve even looked at a main story mission.

Yeah I'm pretty similar to be honest, spent so long just riding round random places bonding with my horse and doing little stranger missions.

I started to concentrate on the story after Chapter 4. Things really speed up and I was concious of spoilers. You can hunt later, the story becomes compelling.

Yeah I'm only really using this site to keep up with it and the spoilers have been decent in not spoiling anything for me.

The Arabian White is a beauty. Decided to go back and get her today, and I don’t regret it. Though I do miss the appearance of riding around on a big, ominous looking war horse.

Just picked up a stranger in bad health, took him to the doctors and he amputated his arm, sawed it clean off. :(

Yeah it's a waste not to take your time as much as possible imo. Once the story is done I'll have little motivation to do anything else.