Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

I feel like no self respecting old west gunslinger/hunter/outlaw would pick a white horse. He'd chose something that blends in with the environment, some dark brown, maybe even black horse.

Yeah it's a waste not to take your time as much as possible imo. Once the story is done I'll have little motivation to do anything else.

Yeah I possibly might replay just being a complete bad ass helping no one and killing and robbing whenever possible.

I've still not robbed a bank yet as the only one I've come across is Valentine and it seems like there is no possible way for me to get away with it.

Also it depends what multi player is like. Unfortunately I'm on the Xbox and it seems like every single person is on the PS4 on here so I can't join up with anyone.

Yeah I possibly might replay just being a complete bad ass helping no one and killing and robbing whenever possible.

I've still not robbed a bank yet as the only one I've come across is Valentine and it seems like there is no possible way for me to get away with it.

Also it depends what multi player is like. Unfortunately I'm on the Xbox and it seems like every single person is on the PS4 on here so I can't join up with anyone.

I’m X-box, there was a few in the MHW thread but not sure if they are playing RDR2

I feel like no self respecting old west gunslinger/hunter/outlaw would pick a white horse. He'd chose something that blends in with the environment, some dark brown, maybe even black horse.
That and they’re tiny. Turkoman and Missouri Fox Trotter are the best horses that are big enough for proper macho role-playing.

I know this sounds like a daft question, but here we go.

My girlfriend is currently playing through the first one (I think she's just about to go to Mexico for the first time), but we've picked this up and are itching to get on with it.

I know this is a prequel, but is there anything mention that will spoil the story of the first game for her?

I feel the opposite, if what I’ve learned from TV and Hollywood is true it was a time where notoriety was king. Silver or gold plated guns, pearl grips shiny Spurs and what would stand out more than a white horse.

Plus who does anything stealth, I run in to gang camps, pull a huge drift on my horse, sometimes 360’S hit deadeye then leave a pile of bodies, in my mind whilst I do this that song “let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor” is the soundtrack to it.

Last edited:

Yeah black blends in so well with the environment.

Outlaws don't care about blending in.

Can I rob a bank on my own or will be always with the gang in some mission?
Throughout the game, more houses, shops, etc. are unlocked, or what is closed will always remain closed?
I am in chapter 3

Walk in to the saloon in Rhodes walk up to the bar guy chatting sh!t about being the fastest gun man alive, I step in and offer him a go outside. The guys at the bar start piping up saying this guy can take me, he’s the fastest gun in the West. alas the poor fellow declines claiming he’s had too much to drink.

“Everyone acts tough till the man comes around!!”

Anyway the guys at the bar preasure this poor fellow in to marching to his death and from there on it was an inevitability he’d be meeting the ferryman.

Last edited:
I know this sounds like a daft question, but here we go.

My girlfriend is currently playing through the first one (I think she's just about to go to Mexico for the first time), but we've picked this up and are itching to get on with it.

I know this is a prequel, but is there anything mention that will spoil the story of the first game for her?

Although it won't spoil the story i would advise to play the first one first, as it may be hard to get back into after playing rdr 2. Also its nice to see the character's past.

This is another very noob-ish question, but is there any way for me to save my preferred weapons loadout?

It gets mildly annoying constantly having to go in the weapon wheel and select my weapons and type of ammo over and over again when I just want to keep using the same things.

This is another very noob-ish question, but is there any way for me to save my preferred weapons loadout?

It gets mildly annoying constantly having to go in the weapon wheel and select my weapons and type of ammo over and over again when I just want to keep using the same things.

Sort of in the gun customisation section of the gun store. It still doesn't really work properly for anything other than your holsters, and even they inexplicably change occasionally. Really needs patching imo.

Pointless carrying 3 snipers rifles, 3 kinds of revolvers, two repeaters etc. too.

not really or not that I know of. The closest thing is to go to a gun store, click custom and then you can set weapons to shoulder or back. You can also get the gun smith to clean your weapons there which I find easier than doing it myself. Anyway the effects don’t seem to be permanent, I’m not sure what even triggers them to change but it is annoying.

Sort of in the gun customisation section of the gun store. It still doesn't really work properly for anything other than your holsters, and even they inexplicably change occasionally. Really needs patching imo.

Alright thanks will check it out. I agree that this needs a proper solution though. I can’t see why they would think players want to keep having to select their weapons over and over again. I forgot to do it for a mission and ended up having to do the whole thing with just my pistols FFS.

Edit: CC @Andersons Dietician

Alright thanks will check it out. I agree that this needs a proper solution though. I can’t see why they would think players want to keep having to select their weapons over and over again. I forgot to do it for a mission and ended up having to do the whole thing with just my pistols FFS.

Edit: CC @Andersons Dietician

Yeah I also died in a massive shootout mission and when I restarted from a checkpoint I only had one revolver, nothing in my second holster and no other guns.

The 5-O in Saint Denis don’t F about do they. 3 dudes start a fight on me 1 guy pulls a knife but I figure i’ll Stick to fists. I lay them all out and must have killed a guy. Next thing I know police are on my case. I hide for a minute as I’m fed up paying bountys. I see my chance and make a break for it but I’m spotted and then I have to make a dash from the docks out of Saint Denis and my horse is miles away.

Finally I get on ghost and we charge through the city and at this point my bounty is still only 10 dollars, 20 or so police shooting at me, I could kill them all and rack up the biggest bounty ever but I decide discression is the best option. Killed about 10 on my way out of town as they blocked the bridge but at this rate I’m going to have to find all the gold as I can’t afgord this crap.

Some guy jumped in front of my horse and same scenario, yet me killing a guy in a duel is perfectly fine.

Seems like my broke ass is the only who isnt playing this. Question: Is it better than God of War in terms of the storyline?
RD2 is excellent in many ways but in my opinion the story is ridiculously overrated. There are a few highlights but most is just standard western fluff. Considering the story missions are so linear it should have been outstanding but it was a massive disappointment for me.

RD2 is excellent in many ways but in my opinion the story is ridiculously overrated. There are a few highlights but most is just standard western fluff. Considering the story missions are so linear it should have been outstanding but it was a massive disappointment for me.

Like every Rockstar game, it trades on cliche and call backs to iconic pop culture references. However, I genuinely cared about many of the characters, especially Arthur. I played it through with full honour, be interested to see how it plays out as a pure baddie.

Like with Trevor on GTA, there are some great characters.

Also, as a big fan of the original, I love how it works as a prequel. It adds to the original.

My thoughts as well. The game is very good and I know I’m being overly critical but with all the 10/10 reviews I was expecting the game to be perfect.

There are so many little things that just annoy me. The most recent is strangers I meet, it won’t allow me to greet them to start the mission. I also think there should be an easier process to fast travel across the map, not just from camp. Sometimes I can’t be bothered to ride for 5 minutes to get to a mission, then start the mission by riding at a slow pace for another 5 minutes.

My thoughts as well. The game is very good and I know I’m being overly critical but with all the 10/10 reviews I was expecting the game to be perfect.

There are so many little things that just annoy me. The most recent is strangers I meet, it won’t allow me to greet them to start the mission. I also think there should be an easier process to fast travel across the map, not just from camp. Sometimes I can’t be bothered to ride for 5 minutes to get to a mission, then start the mission by riding at a slow pace for another 5 minutes.

You can use auto run while on cinematic mode.

Fecking hermit man killed me. Guess that never means I'll get his rare shotgun.

Been smashing through this game lately, enjoying it a lot more I have to say. Think I was a bit overwhelmed by all the crafting and seemingly endless types of items you can pick up to begin with.

Got a perfect cougar as easy as I did the panther. This time didn't even intend to get one. Heard it. Waited for the red dot movement and dead eyed it right in the face.

17-30-h00u3-2n4nr.jpg

I'm minted in this game playing high honour. Got nearly 3k on me and around 3-4k worth of gold on me too. What the hell do I spend it all on? Feel like I've bought every gun and outfit I can.

I'm minted in this game playing high honour. Got nearly 3k on me and around 3-4k worth of gold on me too. What the hell do I spend it all on? Feel like I've bought every gun and outfit I can.
What you need to do is forget about that honour shoot the fook up of some towns then spend it paying off your bounties.

Has anyone come across the witches cauldron and figured out what the hell it is about?

Got a perfect cougar as easy as I did the panther. This time didn't even intend to get one. Heard it. Waited for the red dot movement and dead eyed it right in the face.
Were you on foot or horse and if a horse which one? See I’ve discovered a problem with the white Arabian, it might be fast and have great acceleration and stamina but the fecker is a coward. If a badger squared up to it, it would buck you off in a milli second to save it’s life.

What you need to do is forget about that honour shoot the fook up of some towns then spend it paying off your bounties.

Has anyone come across the witches cauldron and figured out what the hell it is about?
I've heard the ending is based on your honour and I'm a sucker for a good ending. I'll shoot shit up after I've finished the game.