Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

There's a cabin just on the cliffside just North of Roanoke Valley and West of Brandywine drop, near an old trading post. Take a jaunt up there don't forget to search the hole in the floor.

A Meteorite has crashed through the roof and obliterated the poor folks inside.

Is it worth buying a boat for the camp? I’m at the camp near Rhodes, and there are some islands that look like they might be fun to explore, but is it worth it?

Is it worth buying a boat for the camp? I’m at the camp near Rhodes, and there are some islands that look like they might be fun to explore, but is it worth it?
Just got to this camp and was wondering the same question. Especially as Dutch, Hosea and I just stole a boat and took it fishing. Can we not just use that one?

Just got to this camp and was wondering the same question. Especially as Dutch, Hosea and I just stole a boat and took it fishing. Can we not just use that one?
Finished the game and never used the boat that I bought for the camp at all. Though was also never short on money. So up to you I'd say. I just bought everything in the ledger as I like fully upgrading my camp in these types of games :p But I can't say it made a difference.

Finished the game and never used the boat that I bought for the camp at all. Though was also never short on money. So up to you I'd say. I just bought everything in the ledger as I like fully upgrading my camp in these types of games :p But I can't say it made a difference.

How did you make it across bodies of water then? Stamina seems to go down insanely quick while swimming, or did you not bother with that stuff?

Found the bear in the cabin. It's up north of Strawberry. Shat my pants.
Haha I came across this the other day. Horse was going crazy and I could hear a bear, just couldn’t see it. So when I walked in to that cabin did the same thing.

How did you make it across bodies of water then? Stamina seems to go down insanely quick while swimming, or did you not bother with that stuff?
There were side quests where you used a boat but it was always one you'd just steal or something.. You can also swim with your horse and basically use it as a boat :p

I didn't really bother with fishing and that was basically the only time I would have ever needed a boat, and even then, at the Rhodes camp you get one from that fishing quest with Dutch and Hosea anyway, so I'm not sure what use buying one is.

There were side quests where you used a boat but it was always one you'd just steal or something.. You can also swim with your horse and basically use it as a boat :p

I didn't really bother with fishing and that was basically the only time I would have ever needed a boat, and even then, at the Rhodes camp you get one from that fishing quest with Dutch and Hosea anyway, so I'm not sure what use buying one is.

Alright, thanks mate !

I think I pretty much fecked myself up there
I wanted to get the catfish jackson stash side quest but since I killed the dad and the son, there is no I can get to those gold bars is there :lol: ?

Having spend quite a bit of this with the RD2, I’ve come to the conclusion that’s it’s a flawed masterpiece. Everything is perfect except for the shit controls and ridiculously delicate bounty system. Yesterday I merely bumped off someone in Blackwater and I was wanted for disturbing the piece. The law wouldn’t give up either, chased me for miles. It needs to be tweeked because it sucks the fun out at times.

Having spend quite a bit of this with the RD2, I’ve come to the conclusion that’s it’s a flawed masterpiece. Everything is perfect except for the shit controls and ridiculously delicate bounty system. Yesterday I merely bumped off someone in Blackwater and I was wanted for disturbing the piece. The law wouldn’t give up either, chased me for miles. It needs to be tweeked because it sucks the fun out at times.

What chapter are you on? Whenever I go in Blackwater I got shot at so just avoided it because of what happened at the beginning of the story.

How the feck do I stop getting thrown off this bloody white horse. Been constantly getting kicked off the thing for over an hour.
I had the exact same problem until I googled it, and realised I need to pull down on the left stick at all times. As soon as I worked that, out got it easily first go.

Plenty of action last night.

I did the Uncle mission
where you steal a stagecoach that goes tits up and you end up hiding in a barn before a huge shoot out that ends up in the woods.

Came across a stranger
who'd had his house repossessed by the bank and wants you to get his stuff. I won't spoil the twist if you haven't done it yet.
Couple of hillbilly squatters attacked me too, killed the first in a knife fight and when the second one ran at me I took his head clean off with the double barrelled shottie. That was the first time I actually gasped in the game as his body slumped at my feet.

Then as I was riding back to camp it said I was in the legendary fox area which I was able to track and kill before I thought I'd do my first impromptu solo train robbery which went completely tits up. Ended with me legging it on foot through the Bayou past alligators and such, hiding in reeds, killing about 20 police officers, before finally being able to snag someones horse and make a run for it. I still got shot in the back and killed then woke up with a $350 bounty which I paid off in Rhodes and then was given a bollocking in camp by one of the women for being a psycho and bringing attention on everyone.

Oh and I finally found hair tonic in my satchel so am waiting on some tidy beard and moustache growth.

I had the exact same problem until I googled it, and realised I need to pull down on the left stick at all times. As soon as I worked that, out got it easily first go.

Yeah I managed it last night. Now that I've finally got my horse I decided to finish chapter 2 and I'm just about ready to begin chapter 3.

Had to cut my hair for a mission so I took some moody calendar shots in the rain afterwards.

meYUE2a.jpg

Anyone else found a huge snake hanging from a tree in the swamp?

Anyone else found a huge snake hanging from a tree in the swamp?

If he looked like this guy don’t trust him.

faudlED.jpg

For anyone interested I found a primo badger spot in the heartlands which also has to Dino bones in the vicinity, then later I came across a cabin just above
Pleasance where some guys were drinking having a party, they all fell asleep, I crept in armed with throwing knives and picked one off after the other whilst they slept. Kept 1 alive to tell me where the stash was and
ended up getting a cool $89 from it.

Just turned into a tunnel bridge and clattered straight into a carriage. Horse went under it and died. RIP Bojack :( need to find my fourth horse. Currently walking through the swamp towards Saint Denis holding the saddle.

Shot the carriage driver in the face of course.

Took out 4 O’Driscolls in a camp with a stick of dynamite, most satisfying.

Wtf :lol: feels like I’m playing Uncharted now.

Panthers are complete Bell ends. Trying to spot one is a nightmare never mind getting a long enough look at it to fire up the ye old study. Only reason I’ve managed is because one bled out in front of me after I clipped it. One time I laid down some of the good high end predator bait put on some cover scent and hid in a bush. I waited patiently and the only thing to show was a wild boar. He was munching away on my bait and was pristine so I thought might as well. I snipe him and then right behind me I notice the red dot and the fecker is on me before I can even react.

The fecker charges you and you’re supposed to use a rifle with express bullets, i might buy one without the sight if I can.

Just turned into a tunnel bridge and clattered straight into a carriage. Horse went under it and died. RIP Bojack :( need to find my fourth horse. Currently walking through the swamp towards Saint Denis holding the saddle.

Shot the carriage driver in the face of course.

Dude wtf. I still have my horsey from the very start. Do you bring horsey revivers with you? I honestly couldn't imagine a world without Gilgamesh. Even though I'm cheating on him with that Arabian horsey, I still couldn't imagine it.

I walking around somewhere near the North West Mountains of the map when a flaming cart just whooshed in front of me and some hill billies attacked me! Wtf

I killed them and have been carrying around one since trying to figure a fitting punishment.

Dude wtf. I still have my horsey from the very start. Do you bring horsey revivers with you? I honestly couldn't imagine a world without Gilgamesh. Even though I'm cheating on him with that Arabian horsey, I still couldn't imagine it.

How far are you in the game? Keeping the same horse is as pretty big thing!

Had to cut my hair for a mission so I took some moody calendar shots in the rain afterwards.

meYUE2a.jpg

Was this the boat robbery? I did the opposite and trimmed my beard but kept my long hair.

I ran into a random guy on the street after it who said he recognised me from it, then gave me some stick. I antagonised him and told him where to go, then pointed a gun at him so he ran off. Then I followed him til he ran out of town and out of sight of anyone, tied him up and threw him to an alligator. One big bite to his head was all it took. You don't get gobby about a big job son.

Tuberculosis :(

i actually felt as if i had been diagnosed with it, i was in shock and had to sit and reflect for a while. I feel like restarting the game and staying in chapter 3 forever :lol:

Panthers are complete Bell ends. Trying to spot one is a nightmare never mind getting a long enough look at it to fire up the ye old study. Only reason I’ve managed is because one bled out in front of me after I clipped it. One time I laid down some of the good high end predator bait put on some cover scent and hid in a bush. I waited patiently and the only thing to show was a wild boar. He was munching away on my bait and was pristine so I thought might as well. I snipe him and then right behind me I notice the red dot and the fecker is on me before I can even react.

The fecker charges you and you’re supposed to use a rifle with express bullets, i might buy one without the sight if I can.
Press down while aiming and it acts like a normal rifle, plus use deadeye.