Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

yUc7KNu.jpg

Me on my first day of Red Dead vs Me after living that Read Dead life.

5KXoKJx.jpg

I get the deluxe bath occasionally in the hopes that one day she'll give me a happy ending, but I only ever use the bedroom at a saloon to change clothes if I lose my hat. What does sleeping do?

You can store your hat on your horse you know, even when you lose it, it's always available on your horse?

Was it a legendary fish? Because if you’ve found that fishing dude who requests you mail him fish and it was a legendary one that would make sense. He sends you stuff back.

Does anyone know a good spot where a guy could find some beaver or is there only that one spot where the legendary one is? Every beaver I saw was only good or poor, I need that pristine beaver. A badger heads up would be greatly appreciated as well.

Has anyone found an dinosaur bones or rock carvings? I’ve seen nothing of the sort since these people asked me to look for them.

Beavers at Owali or whatever the feck it's called west of strawberry, it's a lake. There's a rock carving there too.

Finally got a pristine cougar last night. Took around 2 hours. I'd say it took at least 10 goes before I got it because it kept ambushing me and killing me straight off. I was genuinely concerned for a while at the fact that a cat in a videogame kept outsmarting me. That should only happen in real life.

think I'm done with hunting now, aside from legendary hunts. Some of the outfits are cool but not enough to make me go through getting 10 of some of those dickhead animals pelts again.

Just got to chapter 3. Loving the new locations and I can finally go and catch fish now!

I'm spending so much money on paying off my bounties though. Can't afford anything nice for me and me horse :(

I'd definitely agree with that consensus. I just wanted to get through it as quick as possible, Dutch was already annoying me so the idea of being stranded on an island with him was not an enjoyable experience. Seems like it's back on track in chapter 6, would love to lodge a bullet into Micah's head, he's a little prick. Also, for some reason,
the L3 trick for extra stamina when running on the horse doesn't seem to work anymore? Not sure if it's been patched?
Tbf it never worked for me, I thought I was the only one

I had/have the DLC Ardennes so any time I’d use a smaller horse it’d die on stamina in like half the time so I was always like feck that

La vida loca in St Denis ended badly.
In one of my walks in the port I accidentally touched a porter. "I'm sorry" and he's already hitting me, I defend myself and in a second 2 more friends are hitting me too.
I pull out the knife, "fight to death" I think to myself, and they start to run. Embarrassed by their cowardice, I take out the double-barreled shotgun, and you know how things end. A race through the swamp, dead horse, lost mount, etc.
I find it hard to fish. I think I spend five minutes turning R for each time. I have to throw the line practically on the shore
Nice. I'll bring a fresh kill for the BBQ (your choice).

I'm the camp superstar at the moment. Fed the horses, chopped the logs, moved some sacks, topped up the water and abused Micah. Then had a weird conversation with Tilly where I confessed to killing innocent people. Hold on a second, I don't recall anyone being innocent....
My camp is very abandoned. I have only bought the tools to advance with the satchel.
I find it difficult to hunt, be successful and return to the camp without getting into trouble. Although I like it that way. I will not unblock the fast trip

Finally got a pristine cougar last night. Took around 2 hours. I'd say it took at least 10 goes before I got it because it kept ambushing me and killing me straight off. I was genuinely concerned for a while at the fact that a cat in a videogame kept outsmarting me. That should only happen in real life.

think I'm done with hunting now, aside from legendary hunts. Some of the outfits are cool but not enough to make me go through getting 10 of some of those dickhead animals pelts again.

What weapons are best for perfect pelts? Assume headshot with a bow and arrow or varmint rifle?

What weapons are best for perfect pelts? Assume headshot with a bow and arrow or varmint rifle?
They all differ. Best thing is to whip out your binoculars and study the animal and it tells you there.

Cows improved arrow
Wolves poisoned arrow
Fox repeater
Sheep repeater
Rabbit varmint rifle
Raccoon varmint rifle
Elk rifle
Bison rifle
And so on, studying them and then pressing RB or whatever gives you the best way for each animal.

Varmint rifle works great for me on small animals, or small-game arrows if you want to be 100%.

For big animals a bolt-action rifle with express ammo works well, one shot to the head and the pelt should stay 3 stars.

make sure you have the trinket from the legendary buck, though.

How the feck do I stop getting thrown off this bloody white horse. Been constantly getting kicked off the thing for over an hour.

How the feck do I stop getting thrown off this bloody white horse. Been constantly getting kicked off the thing for over an hour.
Hold down on the left stick and left or right on the right stick depending on which way the horse is bucking, always the opposite side.

I'm not too keen on Betsy (White Arabian from lake Isabella). I want one of them big beastly looking horses, what are they called? Should really start doing missions soon tbh, start of chapter 2 still :lol:

Move left stick about and remember and hit the calm button when prompted.

Side not why you are up there in that area there is a cave not far from the destroyed hut. On the wagon you’ll find a chest and in that chest you’ll find the cobalt petrified wood. You’ll need that for some trinkets later.

Hold down on the left stick and left or right on the right stick depending on which way the horse is bucking, always the opposite side.

Move left stick about and remember and hit the calm button when prompted.

Side not why you are up there in that area there is a cave not far from the destroyed hut. On the wagon you’ll find a chest and in that chest you’ll find the cobalt petrified wood. You’ll need that for some trinkets later.

Wait a minute so is it right stick moving or left? I've been trying with the left a lot and failing so maybe it is the right with left pushed in?

And yeah I've got the petrified wood

I'm not too keen on Betsy (White Arabian from lake Isabella). I want one of them big beastly looking horses, what are they called? Should really start doing missions soon tbh, start of chapter 2 still :lol:

Same mate, I'm taking it as slow as possible though and dragging it out doing every little thing along the way.

On that note, I got a tip off of a house to rob and got some sweet sweet loot from a nasty old bitch there.

Same mate, I'm taking it as slow as possible though and dragging it out doing every little thing along the way.

On that note, I got a tip off of a house to rob and got some sweet sweet loot from a nasty old bitch there.

Please share where it is and ill rob the bitch also? Its the left analog. Click it down and if the horse goes right, you counter that by going left etc

Williamson’s or the hermit lady up past the grizzlies?

Yesterday I got my first twinge of conscience stealing a jewellery bag from some old lady who thought I was one of her boys. Then not long after that I came across a cabin that I broke in to and there were two young boys who had begun to desecrate.

Found a letter and it says there is enough food and water for 4 days, I’ve boarded the windows and locked door don’t open it for anyone, I should be back tomorrow evening, I’m off to get our money back from those men love mum x

The feels, now I have to find out what happened to their mother, string the feckers up, and torture them before I set them on fire.

Wait a minute so is it right stick moving or left? I've been trying with the left a lot and failing so maybe it is the right with left pushed in?

And yeah I've got the petrified wood
When on the horse to break it in it's definitely hold down on the left stick and move the right stick left or right to stay on when it bucks.

My favourite part of this game is buying and reading the newspapers in different towns. I read every single thing in them and its fascinating.

Please share where it is and ill rob the bitch also? Its the left analog. Click it down and if the horse goes right, you counter that by going left etc

:lol: :lol: :lol: this has me laughing too hard! Press L3 in when riding it and feed it when stood still.

Williamson’s or the hermit lady up past the grizzlies?

Yesterday I got my first twinge of conscience stealing a jewellery bag from some old lady who thought I was one of her boys. Then not long after that I came across a cabin that I broke in to and there were two young boys who had begun to desecrate.

Found a letter and it says there is enough food and water for 4 days, I’ve boarded the windows and locked door don’t open it for anyone, I should be back tomorrow evening, I’m off to get our money back from those men love mum x

The feels, now I have to find out what happened to their mother, string the feckers up, and torture them before I set them on fire.

When on the horse to break it in it's definitely hold down on the left stick and move the right stick left or right to stay on when it bucks.

So to give you all an update, after asking here I couldn't find the horse again for 2 hours. I've slept in a camp, travelled out and back in to the area and everything and the fecking thing has disappeared.

Besides robbing that old woman's shack the 4/5 hours I spent on the game have been completely useless :lol:

Watson's Station, go left and follow a road that heads into the forest, down stairs in that shack you'll find a lovely little suprise

So to give you all an update, after asking here I couldn't find the horse again for 2 hours. I've slept in a camp, travelled out and back in to the area and everything and the fecking thing has disappeared.

Besides robbing that old woman's shack the 4/5 hours I spent on the game have been completely useless :lol:

Watson's Station, go left and follow a road that heads into the forest, down stairs in that shack you'll find a lovely little suprise
Seemingly if you save your game, turn off your console then return the horse will be there.

@Schmiznurf thanks for the tip. So I head up there catch the legendary fish see a few beavers on random parts of the shore line. See a pristine one swimming, So I decide to watch him for ages till he approaches shore. Look back to where he is heading and there are 4 beavers sitting there already and one is a pristine.

So I’ve already ditched Ghost and am armed ready to kill the fecker, I’ve got my cover scent on so I can get up nice and close like. I double check on witch one is the pristine one, one final time, can’t afford any mistakes. I deadeye and shoot him in the head, perfect. The gun goes off and there is a massive spray of blood and I’m thinking damn that’s not a clean kill. I rush over and sure enough it’s only a good pelt. I look at the weapon wheel and instead of using the varmint rifle I used the god damn pump action shotgun.

In my defence they look similar in the weapon wheel, but a lesson to be learned kids, double check your weapon when hunting. I might go mail this fish then come back, see if one has respawned.

Seemingly if you save your game, turn off your console then return the horse will be there.

@Schmiznurf thanks for the tip. So I head up there catch the legendary fish see a few beavers on random parts of the shore line. See a pristine one swimming, So I decide to watch him for ages till he approaches shore. Look back to where he is heading and there are 4 beavers sitting there already and one is a pristine.

So I’ve already ditched Ghost and am armed ready to kill the fecker, I’ve got my cover scent on so I can get up nice and close like. I double check on witch one is the pristine one, one final time, can’t afford any mistakes. I deadeye and shoot him in the head, perfect. The gun goes off and there is a massive spray of blood and I’m thinking damn that’s not a clean kill. I rush over and sure enough it’s only a good pelt. I look at the weapon wheel and instead of using the varmint rifle I used the god damn pump action shotgun.

In my defence they look similar in the weapon wheel, but a lesson to be learned kids, double check your weapon when hunting. I might go mail this fish then come back, see if one has respawned.
:lol: lesson learned

I look at the weapon wheel and instead of using the varmint rifle I used the god damn pump action shotgun.

I have my weapons customised so the different groups have a different metal & wood varnish colour scheme to tell them apart easily.

Repeaters - Steel Finish & Lighter coloured woods
High Power Rifles - Silver Metal with Mahogany
Varmint Rifle - Gold with dark wood with a leather cover
Shotguns - Dark metal barrel silver in the middle with Mahogany

Just finished Chapter 3, that was good.

Spoiler photos below.

When the squad walks in to the party.

S9Jy8Tt.jpg

When the squad leaves the party.

uNyHS3X.jpg

I have my weapons customised so the different groups have a different metal & wood varnish colour scheme to tell them apart easily.

Repeaters - Steel Finish & Lighter coloured woods
High Power Rifles - Silver Metal with Mahogany
Varmint Rifle - Gold with dark wood with a leather cover
Shotguns - Dark metal barrel silver in the middle with Mahogany
I've basically done the exact same only in different orders.

Our lives are so sad.

The only bad thing about the games is that I can't feck hookers. And kill them afterwards.
I was in Saint Denis talking to people so I was rapidly pushing x to move on the conversation with various people and one French lady asked me if I was looking for some fun and before I could read the options I had pressed x and she replied ok then no problem cherry.

I’m trying to get her to offer me again so I can do as you’ve suggested and choke her or knife her due to the shame. Going to turn her in to a hooker.

It took me a while to figure out how to break in a wild horse.
In the end all I did was move the stick up and down repeatedly and it worked on like the 2nd time.

I was in Saint Denis talking to people so I was rapidly pushing x to move on the conversation with various people and one French lady asked me if I was looking for some fun and before I could read the options I had pressed x and she replied ok then no problem cherry.

Fairly certain the options are always 'refuse' or 'decline'. Bastards.

Fairly certain the options are always 'refuse' or 'decline'. Bastards.
So Arthur is to go through his life as a virgin? Of all the things in the game cutting out brothels and prostitutes is quite ridiculous.

That house in the Bayou, spoiler below.

so Arthur’s only option of getting a little something something is getting raped in the Bayou. I blew that guy up before he could get his hands on me.

I hate how you travel for an age on your horse to get to a white marker mission and then it just disappears. I also had to reload a save and all the fecking white markers were gone then!