Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

I'm looking forward to the multiplayer.I read you can buy properties.
I'm going to buy a cabin in the south of Ambarino, and you're all invited.
I will receive you with chewing gum and my best bourbon

Ranchers in this game are so rude. You’re just going along your day exploring stuff and checking out the architecture on these late 19th century housing, until some guy in the distance yells “Yer not supposedter be ‘er feller!” to which I calmly stare in the gentlemen’s direction and try to select a Defuse or Greet function by which point him and his minion have pincer formationed me, to which I start to back away but then they shoot at me so I do what any kind diplomat does, and dead eyes an entire revolver round into the minions head and throw a Molotov cocktail at the ranchers head.

Once the rancher had...cooled off from his fiery temper, I decided to take his belongings and loot his house as a token of forgiveness for his misunderstanding of me. It seemed fair... I didn’t even hear him object to taking the money roll he had by the fireplace.

What a prick though right?

It took a while but I finally managed to nab a beautiful white Arabian! Stole it from a farmer down outside Saint Denis who had caught me trying to sneak into his house. After locking me in his basement for a couple of days and forcing me to watch him dance as his brother played fiddle from a chair in the corner I finally made my move and stabbed them both in the face. Then the doctor shoved some pills down my throat and now I don't have no shoelaces no more.

This video is a 3 minute example of why the bounty system is a bit fecked up at times. I knocked a guy over, he actually stepped back into my path because the NPC's are completely retarded at avoiding your horse sometimes, and I was done for assault, all I wanted to do was leave the scene and pay my bounty once the heat was off. But no, some dick drags me off my horse, and then I run after decking him.

I thought I could nip to the post office to pay my bounty, but the lawmen start shooting unrelentlessly at me for a $5 bounty!? They killed my fecking horse too. Glad the last thing I did whilst alive was revive her. Bullshit.

Gonna be honest, Dutch is really starting to piss me off, I'm at the start of chapter 6 and it's the same line 'money', 'then we disappear', like feck off. I'm dying of TB now and I have maxed out my honour, I like how Arthur is mellowing and seeing the big picture. Also, for some reason I really didn't like the Guarma part of the game. Just felt...weird. I was annoyed because I didn't know there all my shit was and it was just a shooting fest constantly. Not a huge fan tbh

I'm looking forward to the multiplayer.I read you can buy properties.
I'm going to buy a cabin in the south of Ambarino, and you're all invited.
I will receive you with chewing gum and my best bourbon

Nice. I'll bring a fresh kill for the BBQ (your choice).

I'm the camp superstar at the moment. Fed the horses, chopped the logs, moved some sacks, topped up the water and abused Micah. Then had a weird conversation with Tilly where I confessed to killing innocent people. Hold on a second, I don't recall anyone being innocent....

This video is a 3 minute example of why the bounty system is a bit fecked up at times. I knocked a guy over, he actually stepped back into my path because the NPC's are completely retarded at avoiding your horse sometimes, and I was done for assault, all I wanted to do was leave the scene and pay my bounty once the heat was off. But no, some dick drags me off my horse, and then I run after decking him.

I thought I could nip to the post office to pay my bounty, but the lawmen start shooting unrelentlessly at me for a $5 bounty!? They killed my fecking horse too. Glad the last thing I did whilst alive was revive her. Bullshit.

Gonna be honest, Dutch is really starting to piss me off, I'm at the start of chapter 6 and it's the same line 'money', 'then we disappear', like feck off. I'm dying of TB now and I have maxed out my honour, I like how Arthur is mellowing and seeing the big picture. Also, for some reason I really didn't like the Guarma part of the game. Just felt...weird. I was annoyed because I didn't know there all my shit was and it was just a shooting fest constantly. Not a huge fan tbh

Have you played uncharted? Did guarma feel like an uncharted game to you? It did me, I like uncharted, but it just didn't fit in with red dead tbh.

feck this game. :( feck Dutch and feck Micah!

Hate the end of the main game! Arthur :(

I'm bummed out now.

did you get the high honour ending where the song playing as he rides has the nice guitar track too? That whole part made me feel really emotional and once Arthur was dead I actually felt kinda empty and didn’t want to play without him :(

did you get the high honour ending where the song playing as he rides has the nice guitar track too? That whole part made me feel really emotional and once Arthur was dead I actually felt kinda empty and didn’t want to play without him :(

Yeah, that whole ending was pretty grim :( as soon as I got TB I knew it was coming, but really hoped it wouldn't :( they could have at least let me kill Micah. It's a sad end for a great man character, I wish I could just play in open world as him again instead of John, I feel nothing for John. Was tough to jump back into tbh, I'm a bit peeved John has seemingly lost Arthur's hat too FFS. Should have made Arthur's hat, what Johns is, then John carried the hat on.

Bit miffed not much has been mentioned about Arthur, everything he done for John, jack and Abigail, Sadie too. Def gonna try finding his grave, Charles mentioned it iirc.

Haven't finished the epilogue yet but I'm guessing I'll kill Micah as Sadie has mentioned him.

Great way to hit the feels with the long ride and the track in the background! Rockstar are such cnuts!

Sadie DLC you think? I've got a feeling we could be seeing that, or a female lead in RDR3.

General consensus is the game gets pretty wobbly in chapter 5.

The game does a really good job with Dutch and his descent into madness. The player, much like Arthur, gradually begins to wonder; is this a man who has lost his senses, or a man whose true colours now show?

What twat signed off on the legendary fishing? You think it's fun rapidly rotating your thumb for 10 minutes to catch a fish?

Rockstar can shove a largemouth bass up its arse.

General consensus is the game gets pretty wobbly in chapter 5.

The game does a really good job with Dutch and his descent into madness. The player, much like Arthur, gradually begins to wonder; is this a man who has lost his senses, or a man whose true colours now show?
I'd definitely agree with that consensus. I just wanted to get through it as quick as possible, Dutch was already annoying me so the idea of being stranded on an island with him was not an enjoyable experience. Seems like it's back on track in chapter 6, would love to lodge a bullet into Micah's head, he's a little prick. Also, for some reason, the L3 trick for extra stamina when running on the horse doesn't seem to work anymore? Not sure if it's because I'm riddled with TB or it's been patched?

I bought stuff that grows my hair quicker. Where the hell is it in my inventory?

And can we sell outfits? I just bought one and it’s nasty!

I bought stuff that grows my hair quicker. Where the hell is it in my inventory?

Satchel, then provisions or kit I think it is

Yeah same. No idea how to use it or if you even have to. My stubble grows like Homer Simpson. Hair and stache not so much.

Thanks @CassiusClaymore @VeevaVee @Solius

I was a little harsh on this earlier. Had a really good session with this since I posted my first impressions and the game has really grown on me.

The story has got interesting now. I was spending too much time doing the silly side stuff like walking people back into town etc. Now I’m onto Chapter 3 and the game is interesting me at last.

I was too quick to judge it, there’s loads to do.

I just mailed a fish at the post office and I’m not sure where it went to or why that was an option.

Thanks @CassiusClaymore @VeevaVee @Solius

I was a little harsh on this earlier. Had a really good session with this since I posted my first impressions and the game has really grown on me.

The story has got interesting now. I was spending too much time doing the silly side stuff like walking people back into town etc. Now I’m onto Chapter 3 and the game is interesting me at last.

I was too quick to judge it, there’s loads to do.

That’s good to hear! Another thing about those side things is that they’re completely optional. If someone wants a ride into town you can shoot them in the face if you want to.

That’s good to hear! Another thing about those side things is that they’re completely optional. If someone wants a ride into town you can shoot them in the face if you want to.
Yeah I killed an innocent earlier :lol: he was hassling me to race against him and I really didn’t want to!

"your horse is lost":( edit, thank god i found her. This game really knows how to play on your emotions.
Edit.

Last edited:
I just mailed a fish at the post office and I’m not sure where it went to or why that was an option.

There is a "mini" stranger mission, where you meet a world famous fisherman. He asks you to catch legendary fish in exchange for money. You probably forgot.

Was it a legendary fish? Because if you’ve found that fishing dude who requests you mail him fish and it was a legendary one that would make sense. He sends you stuff back.

Does anyone know a good spot where a guy could find some beaver or is there only that one spot where the legendary one is? Every beaver I saw was only good or poor, I need that pristine beaver. A badger heads up would be greatly appreciated as well.

Has anyone found an dinosaur bones or rock carvings? I’ve seen nothing of the sort since these people asked me to look for them.

Was it a legendary fish? Because if you’ve found that fishing dude who requests you mail him fish and it was a legendary one that would make sense. He sends you stuff back.

Does anyone know a good spot where a guy could find some beaver or is there only that one spot where the legendary one is? Every beaver I saw was only good or poor, I need that pristine beaver. A badger heads up would be greatly appreciated as well.

It was a shitty smallmouth bass :lol:

Has anyone found an dinosaur bones or rock carvings? I’ve seen nothing of the sort since these people asked me to look for them.

Nope. I'm so close to googling it.

Oh, and feck Youtube. My recommended videos are getting filled with the ending of RDR. Thankfully I looked away quick. cnuts.

It was a shitty smallmouth bass :lol:
Weird I thought you could only post the legendary ones but I guess you sent it to this guy. There is a dinosaur bone down a oil pit which is beside the heartland. That’s it, I haven’t seen any rock carvings yet except occasionally I’ll be riding along and think I see one but just turns out to be a funny textured rock.

What twat signed off on the legendary fishing? You think it's fun rapidly rotating your thumb for 10 minutes to catch a fish?

Rockstar can shove a largemouth bass up its arse.
The first mod I’m installing on PC isn’t about HDR, the bounty system, or whatever. It’s the god-forsaken fishing reeling mechanism.
:lol: This made me laugh uncontrollably for some reason. I guess I imagined it happening in real life...

It probably went to that weird fish lover, Jeremy Gill. He gives you that quest to send him big fish. I think the quest is called ‘A fisher of fish’.

I want to hunt some legendary animals tomorrow and get this white Arabian horse everyone is talking about. Where am I heading lads?

I want to hunt some legendary animals tomorrow and get this white Arabian horse everyone is talking about. Where am I heading lads?
See the road that goes up the left hand side of Lake Isabella (top left of map). You’ll find the white Arabian on the lakeside scuffling about in the snow. The legendary Bison is also up at the lake.

Ok had my first St Denis issue after feeling like the only one not to.

I speared a copper trying to get on to my horse. Right outside the police station.

Weird I thought you could only post the legendary ones but I guess you sent it to this guy.

Anything over 10lbs he said he can sell.