Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Just seen a spoiler on Reddit. I could honestly fecking choke them to death. Not accidentally. When people are investing a shit tonne of time into the biggest game that's ever come out, and there's some brainless cnut like that.

Just seen a spoiler on Reddit. I could honestly fecking choke them to death. Not accidentally. When people are investing a shit tonne of time into the biggest game that's ever come out, and there's some brainless cnut like that.

Front-page or rdr sub?

I've tried to stay away from it for that reason. Stayed away from this thread until I got a bit further into it.

Front-page or rdr sub?

rdr2 sub. I've gone off it in the hope it erases from my memory so can't remember what it was called. It wasn't an outright spoiler, but made something obvious that I didn't want to know.

I've tried to stay away from it for that reason. Stayed away from this thread until I got a bit further into it.
This thread has been good for it. So had the rdr2 sub to be fair. They just didn't think by the looks of it.

rdr2 sub. I've gone off it in the hope it erases from my memory so can't remember what it was called. It wasn't an outright spoiler, but made something obvious that I didn't want to know.

This thread has been good for it. So had the rdr2 sub to be fair. They just didn't think by the looks of it.

Yeah this thread has been alright, little bits here and there but nothing that has made me think, what a dick or spoiled any part of the game for me.

The cops in San Denis are relentless. Just had a 45 minute chase for accidentally spear tackling someone when pressing triangle to mount my horse :lol:

Exact same thing happened to me. Was super annoying because my Arabian horse was low health so instead of taking the bullets, I shot the place up and fled. $140 bounty. Freeeeaked.

How do I store stuff on my horse instead of on myself? Couple of times when skinning animals now I've had the prompt that I can't take it all due to not having enough storage.

I'd avoid reddit when certain games or TV shows are on until I know I've fully caught up.

How do I store stuff on my horse instead of on myself? Couple of times when skinning animals now I've had the prompt that I can't take it all due to not having enough storage.
You can't, you need to craft bigger satchels. The horse only holds skins, one carcass and weapons.

The stuff it means is the meat to cook or fat, so just make sure all your uncooked meat is cooked before hunting an animal with the same meat.

All I need now for my legend of the west satchel is a perfect cougar pelt.

funny how originally I went "nah f*ck that, hunting is way too much hassle", and yet here I am. Certainly gets more enjoyable to do as you get more into it.

I have the bog standard satchel etc. The only thing I have hunted was the bear because I had to... Am I missing out?

I watched a video on youtube, the guy explains how to rob the train at Riggs. I get on at Valentine going to Riggs, but when I get there my horse is too far away so I cant get my batsuit on to commit the crime, any help?

I rode there on my horse last night to try that way, got on the train and stopped it in the middle of the bridge. Successfully took over by killing the people with guns and robbing all the passengers. I then went to blow up the safes.... Lit the fuse on the dynamite and threw it against the safe I was at. Blew me away :lol: Instantly shut my xbox off, I was fuming

I took down the legendary white bison last night after finally coming across a trapper (in St Denis). The hat looks ridiculous but I just needed that coat. Spotted the Arabian too whilst I was in that area but couldn't be arsed with it and didn't want to upset Fred.

Think I'll have a go at the maxi satchel too as I'm constantly running out of space.

I took down the legendary white bison last night after finally coming across a trapper (in St Denis). The hat looks ridiculous but I just needed that coat. Spotted the Arabian too whilst I was in that area but couldn't be arsed with it and didn't want to upset Fred.

Think I'll have a go at the maxi satchel too as I'm constantly running out of space.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels bad for looking at other horses. Soggy Gary is a big ugly fecker with a very dodgy set of braids but he's got up without a word of complaint from multiple "tree collisions" and other similar umm "accidents".
He does get gobby when the bullets fly but he's grown on me and now I feel a bit dirty inside when I covet other horses.

I have the bog standard satchel etc. The only thing I have hunted was the bear because I had to... Am I missing out?
It's definitely worth doing the legendary ones you come across because the trinkets you get are pretty great.

the satchel? well, it's a long process and requires a lot of patience, depends if you're happy to deal with having such a low amount on the base satchel.

Did anybody else struggle to get into this game? I feel like it’s just me. I’ve had it since launch and am still on chapter 2. Everytime I turn it on I’m bored within about an hour. Is there a mission early on that I haven’t reached yet which pulls it together or something else I’m missing. I think it may just be that I’ve never been into cowboys or westerns. Help, I want to like it :(

That hat is the best it reminds me of Where the Wild Things Are :lol:

Did anybody else struggle to get into this game? I feel like it’s just me. I’ve had it since launch and am still on chapter 2. Everytime I turn it on I’m bored within about an hour. Is there a mission early on that I haven’t reached yet which pulls it together or something else I’m missing. I think it may just be that I’ve never been into cowboys or westerns. Help, I want to like it :(
I was the same at first but now I love it, I can’t recall when it clicked for me but it was somewhere around chapter 2. I think it’s worthwhile going and just riding around for side missions.

I was the same at first but now I love it, I can’t recall when it clicked for me but it was somewhere around chapter 2. I think it’s worthwhile going and just riding around for side missions.

I’m off work and bored off my tits, so will plug on with it, cheers. Can I explore the whole map early doors or will I go into areas where I just die as soon as I get there? I spent about an hour riding to, killing that legendary bear, then riding back with its pelt, then got killed about a stones throw from the camp yesterday and lost the pelt. I turned it off in dismay.

You don’t get captivated by the world itself, by the random encounters? I find I can spend a lot of time just riding around, investigating random buildings and events, or just hanging out at camp, doing chores and chatting.

For the record, cowboys and westerns aren’t really my jam either, but the first RDR and this is gripping as feck to me. Did you play the first one?

I'm very early on in the game myself. I have played about 6 hours in the past few days and haven't even done 1 mission :lol: I just get lost in the open world doing random shit and having a great time

I’m off work and bored off my tits, so will plug on with it, cheers. Can I explore the whole map early doors or will I go into areas where I just die as soon as I get there? I spent about an hour riding to, killing that legendary bear, then riding back with its pelt, then got killed about a stones throw from the camp yesterday and lost the pelt. I turned it off in dismay.

Whilst you annoyingly wont be able to sell it, you will still have it available to you at the Trapper. So it isn't totally lost.

Like the others said, you have to allow yourself to get lost in the game world. If you want to do a mission, do a mission, if you want to much about, do that. I've played hours in the past few days and I'm still early in chapter 2. I just can't make any progress, and I love it. Yesterday I said to myself, right, make some story progress. Yet after a couple of hours, I realized all I'd done was play some poker, chop wood and hunt a few deer. :lol: I often just hang around camp and talk to everyone.

You should be able to ride everywhere except Blackwater, but areas in the game are obviously more dangerous places than others. Wolves or cougars for example are a fecking pain in the ass and if you don’t have a good dead eye meter you can get fecked up very quickly. Certain areas of the Bayou are also bad until you become familiar with the controls.

That bear pelt will have automatically gone to the trapper I believe, but it is worth while just exploring going and getting the white Arabian, or finding hidden guns and so on. I’m still only on chapter 3 but recently I’ve just spent my time going hunting or riding around looking for and doing side quests.

Like the others said, you have to allow yourself to get lost in the game world. If you want to do a mission, do a mission, if you want to much about, do that. I've played hours in the past few days and I'm still early in chapter 2. I just can't make any progress, and I love it. Yesterday I said to myself, right, make some story progress. Yet after a couple of hours, I realized all I'd done was play some poker, chop wood and hunt a few deer. :lol: I often just hang around camp and talk to everyone.

Chop wood? Didn't know you could do that.

Aaaww yisss. My favourite camp chore :)

Love how the wood splits, and seem to fall to the sides in a way that’s not scripted. Also has some variety to how cleanly Arthur does it, so it’s not just one clean chop every time. :drool:

You don’t get captivated by the world itself, by the random encounters? I find I can spend a lot of time just riding around, investigating random buildings and events, or just hanging out at camp, doing chores and chatting.

For the record, cowboys and westerns aren’t really my jam either, but the first RDR and this is gripping as feck to me. Did you play the first one?

Played the first one to about half way through, then the Witcher 3 came out so I dumped my old console and bought a PS4 and spent about 6 months on that. I love an open world game and usually get lost in it like others here have said. This one just not so much, yet.

I’ve got flu at the moment which is possibly the reason for my lack of enthusiasm. Gonna give it another crack, I’m sure I’ll end up being a convert

i'm a sucker for being the good guy on my first playthrough of a game.

saying that it's so easy for your honor to drop, purely by accident. I accidentally ran over a beggar in Rhodes last night and it went down a level. Also went to save a guy being robbed, shot the 2 robbers, then accidentally aimed by gun at him, went down again.

Want to loot a dead person (who isn't a raider/whatever)? That's a paddlin'? Accidentally run into someone? That's a paddlin'. Accidentally hogtie someone who tried to antagonize you and then spend 20 minutes bringing them to the swamp on the back of your horse and then accidentally shoot both their legs off with the shotgun and then accidentally feed them to the nearest alligator? you better believe that's a paddlin'.

It is a bit ridiculous. I keep trying to be a good guy and losing honor for ridiculous things. I’m only on chapter 3, but one of the most ridiculous bits for me has been the train robbery with John. Oh sure, we’re gonna rob an entire train, that’s no problem at all, but robbing the individual people on the train, that’s a no from me sir. You lose honor for that.

It is a bit ridiculous. I keep trying to be a good guy and losing honor for ridiculous things. I’m only on chapter 3, but one of the most ridiculous bits for me has been the train robbery with John. Oh sure, we’re gonna rob an entire train, that’s no problem at all, but robbing the individual people on the train, that’s a no from me sir. You lose honor for that.
Yeah, i'm trying to get my honor to max for the tropyhy, got it to about 85%,but keep losing it now and then, feel like i'll never max it.

There are all these camp chores you can do, I think they improve some of your stats, though I'm not sure in what way. They are represented as small black dots on your minimap. You can chop wood, carry some sacks around, top off the water basins and perhaps a couple of other things. The camp is full of nice touches that are easily missed, like getting a cup of coffee at the camp fire in the morning. It all helps to make the place feel more alive.

I never have a clue when to sleep, eat etc. My deadeye is always shit. Someone tell me what to do to have a high amount of everything most of the time