Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Bonded with my horse for ages only to get the fecker robbed off of me
This almost happened to me. I stupidly agreed to give some random guy in need a ride and he threw me off my horse. As I lay on the ground covered in mud he rode off laughing. I started panicking and took a random shot at him in the distance. I have no idea how but I managed a 30-40ft headshot without deadeye. I sprinted over and gave my horse treats and a nice brush before mutilating the robber’s dead body. Blew his head and limbs off with a double-barrel and then burnt the corpse. Deserved.

:lol: was it just some guy pretending he needed something? I shot the fecker soon as he pulled me off

Yeah, left me stranded in the middle of nowhere, took me around 2 hours to get where I was going and then get back. Most annoying piece of gameplay I ever encountered I think. Only bonus is that my stamina level went from 4 to 8 on the journey.

Yeah, left me stranded in the middle of nowhere, took me around 2 hours to get where I was going and then get back. Most annoying piece of gameplay I ever encountered I think. Only bonus is that my stamina level went from 4 to 8 on the journey.
Luckily I had dead eye full at that exact moment so I immediately shot him.

I’m not a fan of perma-death. There are plenty of unrealistic mechanics in RD2 so they didn’t have to be so sadistic with this one. Games should be challenging but not irritating.

I’m not a fan of perma-death. There are plenty of unrealistic mechanics in RD2 so they didn’t have to be so sadistic with this one. Games should be challenging but not irritating.
I mean, it wasn't death, his horse got stolen. It'd be a bit stupid having a mechanic where your horse gets stolen only for it to be back seconds later without killing the thief.

Went to tailor of St Denis and a bloody pickpocket tried me. I managed to catch up with him, knocked him out, hogtied him and dragged him across the town.

This game makes it impossible to be a good guy. It would be so boring
i'm a sucker for being the good guy on my first playthrough of a game.

saying that it's so easy for your honor to drop, purely by accident. I accidentally ran over a beggar in Rhodes last night and it went down a level. Also went to save a guy being robbed, shot the 2 robbers, then accidentally aimed by gun at him, went down again.

Want to loot a dead person (who isn't a raider/whatever)? That's a paddlin'? Accidentally run into someone? That's a paddlin'. Accidentally hogtie someone who tried to antagonize you and then spend 20 minutes bringing them to the swamp on the back of your horse and then accidentally shoot both their legs off with the shotgun and then accidentally feed them to the nearest alligator? you better believe that's a paddlin'.

saying that it's so easy for your honor to drop, purely by accident. I accidentally ran over a beggar in Rhodes last night and it went down a level. Also went to save a guy being robbed, shot the 2 robbers, then accidentally aimed by gun at him, went down again.

Want to loot a dead person (who isn't a raider/whatever)? That's a paddlin'? Accidentally run into someone? That's a paddlin'. Accidentally hogtie someone who tried to antagonize you and then spend 20 minutes bringing them to the swamp on the back of your horse and then accidentally shoot both their legs off with the shotgun and then accidentally feed them to the nearest alligator? you better believe that's a paddlin'.

:lol:

Tbf that last one is a paddlin’ with good reason. I know I would be miffed if someone blew my legs off with a shotgun.

Has anyone started Chapter 6 yet? I did the first Marco Dragic mission in Chapter 4 but not the second before the end of the Chapter. Are his missions still available in Ch6?

If someone steals your horse, you just need to whistle to stop it.

giphy.gif

Accidently hogtie :lol: ?

:lol: I pointed a gun at a beggar pretending to be blind and he ran away
Oh ffs and I gave this guy a dollar. :mad:

Last game I played before this was Final Fantasy XV, where I had run mapped to R2. Got on a horse in RDR 2 in Valentine, pressed R2 to run because I wasn't thinking and promptly shot a passer by in the back. Fecking auto-aim!

Last edited:
:lol: I pointed a gun at a beggar pretending to be blind and he ran away
I gave him money, and started going to the stables, I heard him say something so turned around and saw him get up and walk away. I went up to him and he asked why I was following him, then I spoke to him and he straight up denied being the guy I gave money to. So I chased him out of town and beat the shit out of him, then looted him.

I gave him money, and started going to the stables, I heard him say something so turned around and saw him get up and walk away. I went up to him and he asked why I was following him, then I spoke to him and he straight up denied being the guy I gave money to. So I chased him out of town and beat the shit out of him, then looted him.
:lol:

Just had one of the ladies in camp give me a dressing down for being to dirty, before forcing me to wash :lol:

I'm torn. Was all set to get an Xbox for this and play it on the projector screen for some incredible gaming, but there's quite a groundswell of negative reviews on metacritic Not negative as such, but not the 10/10 effusiveness of the official reviews. A lot of 6/10s, citing poor controls, boring chores, linear missions where you're kind of just an observer in an interactive movie, a bounty system that gets very annoying very quickly, etc.

Everyone raves about the graphics and the amazing world that Rockstar have created, but some say travelling around it can be very slow and tedious.

I don't know. I loved RDR, but I might wait for this one to be patched/tweaked/modded before I buy it.

I'm torn. Was all set to get an Xbox for this and play it on the projector screen for some incredible gaming, but there's quite a groundswell of negative reviews on metacritic Not negative as such, but not the 10/10 effusiveness of the official reviews. A lot of 6/10s, citing poor controls, boring chores, linear missions where you're kind of just an observer in an interactive movie, a bounty system that gets very annoying very quickly, etc.

Everyone raves about the graphics and the amazing world that Rockstar have created, but some say travelling around it can be very slow and tedious.

I don't know. I loved RDR, but I might wait for this one to be patched/tweaked/modded before I buy it.

I'm holding out for a PC version to hopefully come out. That's based purely on controls I much prefer keyboard/mouse.

It's definitely not as good as rdr. I beat the game and I might not even replay it, I put uncountable hours on the first one.

I’ve had the game since launch and can safely comfirm that the game is amazing, the negative reviews are nitpicking. Yes, the controls could be better but they aren’t bad enough to ruin the fun.

the game is incredible and not getting it because of metacritic reviews which are largely full of pissed off PC fanbois is just silly.

After some notable deaths, I'm starting to fear the outcomes of every new mission.

Knowing how the last game turned out, I'm deeply concerned that this game is about to break my heart.

If you're impatient gamer I can see you disliking this. There's no rushing from one map indicator to the next, the game is meant to be played slowly. If you allow yourself to get immersed in the game world, it's an incredible experience. If it ever gets to the pc and they mod it to speed up a lot of stuff, I'd even say that would destroy much of what makes this so good. Although the bounty system could do with an update.

The bounty system is fine once you understand how it works. Theres' a process graph of it on reddit somewhere, it's really complex and quite clever. Now that I sort of understand it I rarely get bounties.

I actually relish a good fight when I see the bounties getting closer to me in the map. I make their life hell.

The bounty system is fine once you understand how it works. Theres' a process graph of it on reddit somewhere, it's really complex and quite clever. Now that I sort of understand it I rarely get bounties.

I've just had a look for this but couldn't find it. Could you link me please.

Mean feckers up at the Van Horn Trading Post.

Went back to return a horse I'd borrowed in a previous mission and got gunned down by, seemingly, the entire town after getting forced into a punch up at the local saloon.

feck that backwater town.

I've just had a look for this but couldn't find it. Could you link me please.

red-dead-redemption-2-wanted-level.jpg

It works really well. I did the Special Edition bank robbery - changed my clothes and wore a mask, and throughout I wad wanted as an 'unknown suspect'. Then I jumped on my usual horse in view of the lawmen and it changed instantly to Arthur Morgan.

I think people are just butthurt that they get bounties when they have a mask over their face but their usual clothes, hat and horse.

Took my first trip to Saint Denis last night. I’m too used to open ground, got in trouble a few times for running over people in my horse or when sprinting. Some arse also picked my pocket for $600 and I nearly shat my pants, chased and beat him up in front of everyone.

I decided to pay the 40 bounty and just be done with it. Then went to jump on my horse pressing Y, only to end up choking some lady instead - who was standing next to my horse and right in front of cops/bounty hunters leading to shooting and chase into the swamps north of Saint Denis....ffs

Shit, I had no idea that if you got arrested the gang could rescue you. Anyone done this?
Happened me once, in Valentine. Quick cutscene where Dutch arrived at the Sheriff's office and charmed them by saying I was his simple-minded cousin and said I didn't know right from wrong and pleaded for them to let me go, which they did.

Happened me once, in Valentine. Quick cutscene where Dutch arrived at the Sheriff's office and charmed them by saying I was his simple-minded cousin and said I didn't know right from wrong and pleaded for them to let me go, which they did.
Damn!

There's so much stuff in this game i feel i'll never even see, it's crazy.

Oh ffs and I gave this guy a dollar. :mad:

Last game I played before this was Final Fantasy XV, where I had run mapped to R2. Got on a horse in RDR 2 in Valentine, pressed R2 to run because I wasn't thinking and promptly shot a passer by in the back. Fecking auto-aim!
This time, another blind man begs for money but this time he really is blind because he ain't flinching when I aim the gun at him.
I robbed the poor man but he still thanked me :lol::lol: