Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Well I'm sad it was Sean :( I was all darn excited, Micah, Sean & Bill.. All the pyschos in one place.
Now I decided to go back and kill some god damn fecking Grays.. and it's dishonourable? ARRRRRRR YOU FOOKING KIDDING MEH?

I do hope theres a side quest or something where you can give the Grays the Braithwaite treatment

Saint Denis is stunning at night
Love the little attention to detail when greeting someone normally then greeting people with a dead bounty on the back of the horse, completely different reaction.
Wonder if I'd kept the bounty alive how they'd react.

I also went to the area above Saint Denis at night, that was awesome.

@Schmiznurf quick update, still riding around looking for rabbits and now trying it with the varmint rifle and there is an issue. It’s crap :lol:

I deadeye shot a rabbit in the head and I thought great feckers dead.( I was on horseback) turned back around to see him get up and scamper so chased him down again and hit him again with another deadeye headshot and the fecker got back up and fled this time pulling a disappearing act.

Damn rabbits, seemingly you need to complete all these hunting challenges before you can unlock the final legendary beast. The legendary Gator I’ve been walking about the Bayou looking for being attacked by everyone and everything only to find out you can’t get it till chapter 4.
Sounds like an invincible rabbit as it's worked for me :lol:

What does everyone do when they get a legendary animal pelt? Do you sell it or put it to other uses?
Trapper and then off to the fence to see what trinket he can make with the spares for the boosts. Some can only be obtained by solving other side quests like dinosaur lady and the Rock carvings dude.

How do you get perfect rabbit pelts? Says to use a bow but I never get one.
According to @Schmiznurf Varmant rifle, but damn they are hard to get a clean kill on. I’ve been hunting rabbits since yesterday and only have 1 pristine pelt. The trouble I’m having is finding the feckers and then coming across the Wolverine of rabbits that just will not die.

There however must be a secret field somewhere just littered with rabbits as I’ve easily been searching sold for rabbits for 2 possibly even 3 hrs and can’t find any.

@kouroux I”m only in chapter 3 and I’ve just been using the white Arabian really but I’m guessing later there is access to better horses but this one is quite the beast. I saw a thumbnail of some gold horse on YouTube saying it’s one of the best horses in the game but no idea on how to get it. Something to do with a sidequest or multiple.

According to @Schmiznurf Varmant rifle, but damn they are hard to get a clean kill on. I’ve been hunting rabbits since yesterday and only have 1 pristine pelt. The trouble I’m having is finding the feckers and then coming across the Wolverine of rabbits that just will not die.

There however must be a secret field somewhere just littered with rabbits as I’ve easily been searching sold for rabbits for 2 possibly even 3 hrs and can’t find any.

@kouroux I”m only in chapter 3 and I’ve just been using the white Arabian really but I’m guessing later there is access to better horses but this one is quite the beast. I saw a thumbnail of some gold horse on YouTube saying it’s one of the best horses in the game but no idea on how to get it. Something to do with a sidequest or multiple.
I am on the same chapter too but if I come across anything I will tell you. It is so easily tempting to find easy informations but I don't wanna do that

Cheers bro. I swear next playthrough will be about hunting and upgrading. I wanna have a beast of a horse too, any suggestions ?
My big Turk(omen?) has decent stats. Best big horse that can still run I’ve seen. Bought him in the City. I think he’s classified as a War Horse.

Edit: War/race hybrid. I dunno if you can buy him yet. I only saw him in chapter 4.

Last edited:
No, varmint rifle. I've ended up with a few perfect pelts using it.
@Marcelinho87 if you can get a study on a rabbit it does say Varmint rifle, I just took a paddle out on the camp boat to one of the islands and sitting on the beach was a pristine rabbit unaware of my presence. Went to pull out my rifle and I had left everything on my horse back at the camp. Came across loads of animals that were pristine with no method of killing them bar my schofields. I was also attacked by a crab. Still only 1 perfect rabbit pelt.

Is there any point to not skinning an animal at the kill site and transporting the entire carcass to a camp or trapper? I'm sure this has been asked before but the game does such a poor job explaining the finer points of hunting.

I’ve got a grey dot on the map where my bed is, what does it mean?

Just a little tip for those using the regular PS4 console (Not Pro) and you have a pretty modern Samsung TV.

By default you can only play in 30 fps, however, if you turn on Auto Motion Plus set on auto, the game plays smooth like 60 fps. Working brilliantly for me.

For those of you who have completed the story...

Would you advise finishing stranger missions before moving on from chapter 4? I don’t want to miss out on anything.

Did the “respect my time” guy ever end up getting this game? Randomly thought about him today :nervous:

Is there any point to not skinning an animal at the kill site and transporting the entire carcass to a camp or trapper? I'm sure this has been asked before but the game does such a poor job explaining the finer points of hunting.
Not sure but I guess you get more money transporting the whole animal or it’s just easier than selling the meat and whatever else goes with it. I tend to find when I skin an animal I get a load of you don’t have space to carry all the animal parts.

They spoil if left for too long.

What the feck, I'm just wandering back from a mission in the middle of a forest with no one around, doing nothing at all, and I'm suddenly Wanted. I haven't been identified so I just leave the red circle, but I get seen by a lawman approaching from the opposite direction. Now they're trying to kill me and I have a 15 dollar bounty on my head. I don't even know what my crime is! I would like to put up my hands and tell them this is all a misunderstanding, but apparently that's not an option, so I now have to escape a couple of lawmen who're also on horseback without killing them to avoid an even larger bounty. How the feck am I going to do that?! This seems a bit broken.

For those of you who have completed the story...

Would you advise finishing stranger missions before moving on from chapter 4? I don’t want to miss out on anything.

I could do with knowing this aswell, anyone ?

Cheers bro. I swear next playthrough will be about hunting and upgrading. I wanna have a beast of a horse too, any suggestions ?

Thoroughbred is my favourite. Arabian and the rare white one that you can catch are the best, but they look tiny to me.
Thoroughbred can be tamed not far from Valentine and you can get it in an awesome burgundy colour. It's a race horse so has some pace but it's a big tall bastard too.
Turkomen are alright but the colours aren't as nice (gold weirdly, grey and grey brindle).

So I'm gonna replace Fifa time with this, and was wondering if its worth getting the strategy guide seeing as its such a huge game?

Probably better off just googling any questions you have, would reccomend playing and exploring for yourself as it's more satisfying that way but I've looked up things a few times to speed along the process.

Probably better off just googling any questions you have, would reccomend playing and exploring for yourself as it's more satisfying that way but I've looked up things a few times to speed along the process.

I'll definitely be enjoying the exploration stuff, it's more to speed up any parts of the game that aren't particularly fun or get a bit tedious - which you'd expect there to be a few in such a huge game.

I guess I could do without the novelty of the guide and save 16 quid.

92 effing GB :eek: not playing it for a while then.

I'll definitely be enjoying the exploration stuff, it's more to speed up any parts of the game that aren't particularly fun or get a bit tedious - which you'd expect there to be a few in such a huge game.

I guess I could do without the novelty of the guide and save 16 quid.

92 effing GB :eek: not playing it for a while then.

16quid! bahh, watching the odd vid on youtube/ read a guide online is probably more helpful!

Yeah most certainly, play the way you want to play :D

Have a nice wait ;), took me 4 hours with a physical disc but largely due to my 2nd disc continually stopping until I hard powered the b*llend

Played Dominoes with Pearson. Open 3's, first to 90.

Absolutely crushed him, the first round finished 118 - 27. Eat my big fat domino.

Spent almost an hour stirring shit up in the saloon of Valentine. So funny all the bruises I've been leaving on people and all their looks and reactions the morning after going back there :lol:

Came across some hill billy town where some guy said my horse looked good enough to eat, so I was on my guard and then I saw a pristine goat crossing a rope bridge with no collar or anything and when it came closer it charged at me so I lassoed the fecker quickly and slit it’s throat as I needed a goat pelt.

Well some guy shouts hey stop that then all hell breaks loose. My only option... slaughter the entire village, but as I’m checking the radar more and more red dots keep popping up and it becomes apparent I’m not making it out of here alive. If I was going down tho I was taking a load of them sum bitches with me.

Came across some hill billy town where some guy said my horse looked good enough to eat, so I was on my guard and then I saw a pristine goat crossing a rope bridge with no collar or anything and when it came closer it charged at me so I lassoed the fecker quickly and slit it’s throat as I needed a goat pelt.

Well some guy shouts hey stop that then all hell breaks loose. My only option... slaughter the entire village, but as I’m checking the radar more and more red dots keep popping up and it becomes apparent I’m not making it out of here alive. If I was going down tho I was taking a load of them sum bitches with me.
:lol:

Decided to not buy this game. It seems very consuming and I want to wait for the ps5 release of it. I just hope I forget all the spoilers i've been reading :lol: The random encounters seems more detailed than the GTA missions sometimes, that is very cool.

Of course. The natural choice.