Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

I found the jack hall map without googeling, so proud. Maybe I like the game after all.

I decided to spoil myself in St Denis. Bought a new gun, customised it, got a new saddle for Ghost, had a bath, then headed to the barbers for a trim.

Straightback fade cut as short as possible with a level 2/3 full beard. Looking pretty good. Now I just need some new togs.

Went all out, lovely new sharp looking hat, white shirt, sky blue patterned vest with a smart formal overjacket on top. Pinstripe trousers and brown brogues on my feet. Got myself a pair of black murderin' gloves too (bit like OJ's ones).

All spruced up I head out west to do a mission with Dutch. Trying to get my honour up so saying hello to everyone I pass. Unfortunately, the camera follows the person I'm greeting and it can be difficult to ensure Ghost continues on the path. Over corrected and ran into a tree and fell off landing in a muddy swamp. Jacket ruined, trousers ruined, everything.

Raging.

Where I’ve set that marker is where I think the first clue is, but if you see the message check your map and a little question mark pops up. I went on a mass legendary animal hunt last night and at the time I only had the first storyline trapper you come across so rode all away across the map only to find out today there are two right beside strawberry.
gjmQ2tg.jpg
It was exactly there ❤.On the way to St Denis celebrate it with a drunken brawl

What are the thoughts of people who’ve finished chapter 6? Using spoilers of course...

I was heartbroken when Arthur said goodbye to my horse. I’d had that horse for most of the game.

Not yet sure how I feel about returning to being John Marston but we’ll see. Was always going to happen considering Arthur had to be killed off.

Don't know whether to claim the bounty for Mr Black and Mr White (side mission), or help them go free.

Someone in town just told me I'd get a big bounty for them "reaaaaal biggg"

Last edited:
I decided to spoil myself in St Denis. Bought a new gun, customised it, got a new saddle for Ghost, had a bath, then headed to the barbers for a trim.

Straightback fade cut as short as possible with a level 2/3 full beard. Looking pretty good. Now I just need some new togs.

Went all out, lovely new sharp looking hat, white shirt, sky blue patterned vest with a smart formal overjacket on top. Pinstripe trousers and brown brogues on my feet. Got myself a pair of black murderin' gloves too (bit like OJ's ones).

All spruced up I head out west to do a mission with Dutch. Trying to get my honour up so saying hello to everyone I pass. Unfortunately, the camera follows the person I'm greeting and it can be difficult to ensure Ghost continues on the path. Over corrected and ran into a tree and fell off landing in a muddy swamp. Jacket ruined, trousers ruined, everything.

Raging.
None of that is ruined silly. You must be raging all the time...:lol:

Enjoying it so far. But something keeps it from being outstanding. The world is gorgeous and a joy to merely look at. And the level of interaction with the NPCs is a step forward for open world games. But I've not really loved the story/missions/gameplay that much. The little interactions on your journey are much better IMO.

Enjoying it so far. But something keeps it from being outstanding. The world is gorgeous and a joy to merely look at. And the level of interaction with the NPCs is a step forward for open world games. But I've not really loved the story/missions/gameplay that much. The little interactions on your journey are much better IMO.
How far in are you with the missions?

Chapter 2

Did a favour for Arthur's ex and now going on my first mission with Mr. Marston
Ah ok. The story missions gather significant steam in Chapter 3. I personally thought they were a bit dull early on, but you get to sink your teeth into some good storylines soon and it actually has me invested in it now!

How do you find the legendary animals? There's a map but it's a little hard to locate on the basis of it? I killed one very easy legendary animal by stumbling upon it but I've struggled to figure out even where the bear is, and I've already been on a mission to say hello with Hosea!

Also what's the pay off of hunting? I don't see myself needing meat much, and it seems there's no value of the skin.

Ah ok. The story missions gather significant steam in Chapter 3. I personally thought they were a bit dull early on, but you get to sink your teeth into some good storylines soon and it actually has me invested in it now!
Nice!

I feel the story is building up and may get a lot more interesting soon. My biggest gripe is the gameplay. I have little to no interest in the shooting and movement mechanics. It's all about the world and exploration for me, which are exceptional. But the gameplay is for me just a a very basic means to the end which is moving the story forward and exploring the world.

I’m after racking up 280 in bounties
I've got bounties everywhere but too little dough to pay up. I'm not spending a good chunk of my 350 dollar warchest on this shit.

Any tips to earn more money, anyone?

How do you find the legendary animals? There's a map but it's a little hard to locate on the basis of it? I killed one very easy legendary animal by stumbling upon it but I've struggled to figure out even where the bear is, and I've already been on a mission to say hello with Hosea!

Also what's the pay off of hunting? I don't see myself needing meat much, and it seems there's no value of the skin.
Legendary animals - Go to your maps, you should have been given a map of legendary animals by Hosea. This tells you the general location of said animals. Once you've 'discovered' a location of a legendary animal, when you zoom in on your own map in the menu, you'll see the animal scribbled on the map with a little crown. To find them, head to that general area on the map, and go into eagle eye (L3 + R3 on PS4) and look for the first clue (usually a spout of yellowish orange pollen looking stuff coming out the ground). This allows you to track the animal, follow the track to the next 2 clues and eventually the animal should come within sight. Once you've killed it, it'll be crossed off on the map.

Hunting - Incredibly useful I think. You get meat that you can cook and stow away, it's very handy to have a piece of meat to eat in a tight situation. It can replenish a lot of your health and stamina. If you have too much meat, you can donate it to Pearson at the camp for supplies and to raise morale in general.

You can also gather animal fat from hunting, this can be used in crafting different types of arrows (small game arrows for example) that you have to use on certain animals to gain their perfect pelts.

When hunting, be sure to study the animal if you havent already. This will then tell you the quality of pelt it has and how to get the perfect pelt from it (using a varmint rifle, bow, long scoped rifle etc). Use these pelts for crafting clothes, satchels (that can hold more stuff for example) and upgrading your camp. The legendary pelts are simply monetary in value, once you've unlocked the trapper, you can craft different clothes with the various legendary pelts.

Being in chapter 2, some of these things wont be unlocked yet which is a good reason to persevere

Last edited:
I just enountered a bunch of kkk guys, third time I'm encountering them. So I lie in wait hidden to kill them all while they erect a cross. Somewhere, the cross gets too heavy, falls, crushing 2 dudes in white robes. A third black robed one sits depressed at a side saying , not again or something :lol: this game is epic

I’m after racking up 280 in bounties
Rob a train, i racked up over 700 dollars across two states yesterday.

I've got bounties everywhere but too little dough to pay up. I'm not spending a good chunk of my 350 dollar warchest on this shit.

Any tips to earn more money, anyone?

How far in are you ? Do the story missions. I struggled with money up untill about chapter 3. Due to neglecting the story and just roaming the map.

Rob a train, i racked up over 700 dollars across two states yesterday.

How far in are you ? Do the story missions. I struggled with money up untill about chapter 3. Due to neglecting the story and just roaming the map.
Not that far. Guess I shouldn't worry about money till Chapter 3 then.

Don't know whether to claim the bounty for Mr Black and Mr White (side mission), or help them go free.

Someone in town just told me I'd get a big bounty for them "reaaaaal biggg"

I let them go, not considered money to be an issue so far so didn't think twice.

Just bought timber for those folk outside of Valentine. While carrying the timber, I bumped into some guy who started shooting at me. I killed him because I had paid 75 dollar for the bloody wagon. He gets killed, I get witnessed; ran out of there and didn't get caught. Lost one of the two wagon horses in the process. Soon, fecking bounty hunters get me, I get killed, lose the wagon. Went and paid another 75 dollars for timber and when I reach Valentine, that stupid man is pissed coz the house is built and he gives me gib that I have some nerve of turning up there. I got pissed, and shot him. Someone noticed and now I'm being chased.

Down 150 dollars, 2 bounties of 30 dollars each, 1 death and 2 shot people. All to be a good fecking citizen

What are the thoughts of people who’ve finished chapter 6? Using spoilers of course...

I was heartbroken when Arthur said goodbye to my horse. I’d had that horse for most of the game.

Not yet sure how I feel about returning to being John Marston but we’ll see. Was always going to happen considering Arthur had to be killed off.
The world is outrageously vibrant. It makes you actively seek out random NPC encounters. But... the hyperrealism is a double-edged sword; the micromanagement only stays great to a degree. When it actively hinders the pacing on an already really, really slow-paced game, you've got problems.

And who commissioned chapter 5? The game just plummets from near flawless to disengaging for a good two hours. Chapter 6 begins to follows suit. The game begins to thrust less interesting characters to the forefront, whilst shelving the original gang and their interactions, ultimately lessening the very strong climax it reaches.

I think we all knew Arthur was to die at the end, but a big part of me was hoping he’d slip away with Mary or Sadie and get out of the life.

I’ve almost finished Chapter 1 of the Epilogue and it’s a little strange. Supposedly Chapter 2 picks up and helps tie the bridge between RD1 + 2, so let’s see.

If I had to give the game an overall rating, I’d say something like an 8.5-9/10. I don’t think it hit the heights expected, but the online and potential DLC could remedy that a little.

Last edited:
Just bought timber for those folk outside of Valentine. While carrying the timber, I bumped into some guy who started shooting at me. I killed him because I had paid 75 dollar for the bloody wagon. He gets killed, I get witnessed; ran out of there and didn't get caught. Lost one of the two wagon horses in the process. Soon, fecking bounty hunters get me, I get killed, lose the wagon. Went and paid another 75 dollars for timber and when I reach Valentine, that stupid man is pissed coz the house is built and he gives me gib that I have some nerve of turning up there. I got pissed, and shot him. Someone noticed and now I'm being chased.

Down 150 dollars, 2 bounties of 30 dollars each, 1 death and 2 shot people. All to be a good fecking citizen
:lol:

'Murica

Does anyone actively try to reach 100% completion after story mode or are you just roaming randomly?

I noticed last night if you’re in a sprint with your horse if you click down the left thumb stick (Xbox) to calm or praise your horse that it’s stamina recovers by quite a chunk, doing this every 6 seconds or so I managed a sprint from strawberry to Rhodes last night without having to slow at all.

The world is outrageously vibrant. It makes you actively seek out random NPC encounters. But... the hyperrealism is a double-edged sword; the micromanagement only stays great to a degree. When it actively hinders the pacing on an already really, really slow-paced game, you've got problems.

And who commissioned chapter 5? The game just plummets from near flawless to disengaging for a good two hours. Chapter 6 begins to follows suit. The game begins to thrust less interesting characters to the forefront, whilst shelving the original gang and their interactions, ultimately lessening the very strong climax it reaches.

I think we all knew Arthur was to die at the end, but a big part of me was hoping he’d slip away with Mary or Sadie and get out of the life.

I’ve almost finished Chapter 1 of the Epilogue and it’s a little strange. Supposedly Chapter 2 picks up and helps tie the bridge between RD1 + 2, so let’s see.

If I had to give the game an overall rating, I’d say something like an 8.5-9/10. I don’t think it hit the heights expected, but the online and potential DLC could remedy that a little.

I thought the game peaked in chapter 3 with the Grays vs Braithwaite story. Chapter 4 was good but I was disappointed with 5 and 6 and wasn’t sure why until I read your post. Less interesting characters definitely get all the screen time, I thought the Indian plot was terrible because the Indians had no personality and I just never cared about them in this game.

Meanwhile there was Javier, Strauss and the Reverend who do nothing since the earlier chapters, what was their purpose? I know Javier helped out in missions but we never really learn anything about him or in the end even have reason to dislike him, which we should considering his role in RDR1.

I’ve only just started epilogue chapter one. I’d probably agree with your rating because even though parts of the story and the severe lack of fast travel have disappointed me, it’s so immersive, beautiful and fun I can’t find a way to dislike it.

I noticed last night if you’re in a sprint with your horse if you click down the left thumb stick (Xbox) to calm or praise your horse that it’s stamina recovers by quite a chunk, doing this every 6 seconds or so I managed a sprint from strawberry to Rhodes last night without having to slow at all.

Nice tip, i will try that, thanks.

Thank you, I was actually searching for something like that :lol:
This game is the shit, so fun and so incredibly full of small. I decided to rob a gun shop owner and beat him nearly to death, i came back some time to that same shop and still had bruises :lol::lol:

I hoped we would play as Sadie Adler, really liked her character. The sick and coughing Arthur kind of ruined the game a bit for me...as soon as that happened I didn't want to explore and do any side missions. I know he had to be killed off but damn, that was rough.

Just had my first death, Sean :( Really liked him. His interactions with Arthur were gold. It's clear by the reactions that Arthur has a very different moral compass to Bill & Micah.

About 40% of the way through so far, really enjoying it. The fact that only John's family, Dutch, Bill, Javier & Uncle appear in the first game make it pretty obvious there's gonna be a fair few casualties. I hope Arthur survives and moves away to be with that Mary. Hopefully at least some of Hosea, Charles, Lenny & Sadie survive, would suck to see them die. Micah, on the other hand...

Last edited:
Only realized last night that you can get up that separate log menu by tapping left in the D pad. Anyone know how to mark the locations in your map for these jobs? One of them is an old lady with valuables north of Van Horn, but I can’t mark it on my map?

@jymufc20 @kouroux It is quite handy, I have the white Arabian at bond 4 and I’m sure I have some trinket from killing the legendary animals that gives me a 10% less drain on horse stamina but even then still a handy thing for any horse.

What does everyone do when they get a legendary animal pelt? Do you sell it or put it to other uses?

I let them go, not considered money to be an issue so far so didn't think twice.

Yeah I was just being greedy. I let them go.

Although I caught my controller on my seat just as I was walking off, which spun me round and fired my sawn off shotgun right above their heads :lol:

@jymufc20 @kouroux It is quite handy, I have the white Arabian at bond 4 and I’m sure I have some trinket from killing the legendary animals that gives me a 10% less drain on horse stamina but even then still a handy thing for any horse.
Cheers bro. I swear next playthrough will be about hunting and upgrading. I wanna have a beast of a horse too, any suggestions ?