Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Was it even explained what you were supposed to do with the bear pelt after that Hosea hunting mission?

First thing I did was take it back to camp only to realise that the fat chef dude couldn’t do anything with it. So then I rode to valentine and lugged around the pelt like a twat only to again realise I couldn’t sell it to anyone.

Only when I opened my map I saw a trapper icon (which incidentally was miles away). Does Hosea actually mention taking it to the trapper?

Was it even explained what you were supposed to do with the bear pelt after that Hosea hunting mission?

First thing I did was take it back to camp only to realise that the fat chef dude couldn’t do anything with it. So then I rode to valentine and lugged around the pelt like a twat only to again realise I couldn’t sell it to anyone.

Only when I opened my map I saw a trapper icon (which incidentally was miles away). Does Hosea actually mention taking it to the trapper?
They do mention a trapper, yeah, I didn't realize there was a damn icon, so many wasted legendary pelts!

I dunno, though, I tried to exchange it with Pearson at camp too and then with the Fence too so feck knows, it obviously wasn't explained well.

Most of the selling mechanics aren't well explained imo. Took me ages to remember about the wagon buyer and I've not managed to sell anything to a trapper

I feel like I need to write down certain controls otherwise they'll be shown to me once and I'll never use them again.

For instance - clicking on the left stick while on your horse will calm it down.
Or holding rb/r1 and a/x will make your horse slide to a stop (once your horse bond is level 2 i think)

I feel like I need to write down certain controls otherwise they'll be shown to me once and I'll never use them again.

For instance - clicking on the left stick while on your horse will calm it down.
Or holding rb/r1 and a/x will make your horse slide to a stop (once your horse bond is level 2 i think)

Had no idea about either of those. Quite like making the horse rear up though.

And never, ever, forget to hit L1 to spin your gun after shooting someone. That's essential for immersion purposes.

Just went into town (chapter 2)
to meet that Mary whatsername that Arthur has clearly been romantically involved with. I thought she would be wanting Arthur back, so I thought I'd scrub up, I had a shave, had a bath, got a haircut and bought a fancy hat. But she's not interested in getting back together... she just wants me to help her fecking brother?! :lol:

Rockstar have thought of everything. Two things happened to me,

In the theatre in St. Denis, whilst the live variety act was on, I walked directly in front of some people sitting on the first row (so they couldn't see) and they leaned over left of me and the right of me, so they could see past me! Like, what?!?!? That's insane!

Another thing. Blind man begging for money. I gave him a dollar and then pulled the gun on him. He flinched. Arthur figured out that he wasn't Blind and confronted him.

Did you "participate" in the magician act in the St Denis Theatre (the guy who catches bullets)?

He asks for a volunteer to shoot him. So I volunteered and it was so tense, I thought I was gonna get done for murder in front of a theatre full of witnesses. I was so stressed that I actually forgot to aim properly and just shot in his general direction. Fecker still caught the bullet with his teeth tho.

phew

Just went into town (chapter 2)
to meet that Mary whatsername that Arthur has clearly been romantically involved with. I thought she would be wanting Arthur back, so I thought I'd scrub up, I had a shave, had a bath, got a haircut and bought a fancy hat. But she's not interested in getting back together... she just wants me to help her fecking brother?! :lol:

I had a problem in the outcome of that mission, don´t know if it´s a bug
When his brother is on the other side of the train track, I have to press R2 slowly. I find it impossible to shoot. In the end he always commits suicide.

When his brother is on the other side of the train track, I have to press R2 slowly. I find it impossible to shoot. In the end he always commits suicide.

I shot the gun out of his hand, that worked

Did you "participate" in the magician act in the St Denis Theatre (the guy who catches bullets)?

He asks for a volunteer to shoot him. So I volunteered and it was so tense, I thought I was gonna get done for murder in front of a theatre full of witnesses. I was so stressed that I actually forgot to aim properly and just shot in his general direction. Fecker still caught the bullet with his teeth tho.

phew
I wanted to but I was on the balcony instead so not close enough.

They do mention a trapper, yeah, I didn't realize there was a damn icon, so many wasted legendary pelts!

I dunno, though, I tried to exchange it with Pearson at camp too and then with the Fence too so feck knows, it obviously wasn't explained well.
As far as I’m aware, if you get a legendary pelt and don’t manage to get it to the trapper (like, you die or something), then it still turns up when you visit him as if you’ve already sold it to him. You just don’t get the dough, but once you’ve skinned them, you can still make the garments, don’t worry.

Am I the only one who rejected Mary's request? feck the friend zone bullshit

As far as I’m aware, if you get a legendary pelt and don’t manage to get it to the trapper (like, you die or something), then it still turns up when you visit him as if you’ve already sold it to him. You just don’t get the dough, but once you’ve skinned them, you can still make the garments, don’t worry.
Yeah I know that man, it's the dough I want! I need all the help I survive when I keep getting killed by riding into trees and accidentally stumbling across bears and accidentally pulling my gun on people i'm trying to help and getting a bounty and losing all my damn money.

Yeah I know that man, it's the dough I want! I need all the help I survive when I keep getting killed by riding into trees and accidentally stumbling across bears and accidentally pulling my gun on people i'm trying to help and getting a bounty and losing all my damn money.
In that case, head to Limpany (north of Flatneck station). It’s an old abandoned town. Find the sheriffs office and check around his desk...

Going to finish HZD and play a bit more FIFA 19 before I get this one. Can I expect a discount by Black Friday?

In that case, head to Limpany (north of Flatneck station). It’s an old abandoned town. Find the sheriffs office and check around his desk...
Is that the glitch where you can get
unlimited gold bars
?

Last edited:
Is that the glitch where you can get unlimited gold bars?
Well, it’s where the glitch can be utilised, whether or not Massive Spanner wants that I don’t know. I was kinda hoping it would remain a surprise for him until he got there...

then It´s me that I´m very clumsy
I've done a couple of missions more but I'm still entertaining myself on the way.
At the entrance to Strawberry a man who was on the edge of an elevated rock called me to see something. He seemed to be demanding that I kill him and throw him down the rock. I did that.
I'm going to settle in St Denis for a few days. A quiet life of walking, talking and poker for the day. At night I'll go hunting, stealing and killing high society ladies in the corners. Unfortunately, you can not always enter the houses, but only in the garden
My plan for St Denis was a disaster. I tried to sneak into those pretty colonial houses that are at the entrance to the town.
I underestimated the amount of lawmen in the city. I have to improve the weapons and the horse a lot to have some option.
I have to improve as well how to change clothes after an assault, and the use of the rope, to kidnap people and stab them in a more quiet place. I miss some button to change weapons more easily.
I'll have to stop wandering and focusing on the missions to unlock.

Am I the only one who rejected Mary's request? feck the friend zone bullshit

I rejected it. I’m not having Arthur being a slave, as attractive as she was her family has too much baggage.

The controls on this game suck. I’ve played it for probably 4 or 5 hours and I’m still not used to it.

The gameplay side of this game is ridiculously poor, it really is. I mean even the simple act of shooting a single bullet is a chore.

It's one of those games that you need to put down as an experience I think, because it's really not great as an actual game in the strictest terms, it feels like a PS1 game it terms of responsiveness. Much like the first one.

However if you keep on with it, there's a whole lot of great bits to enjoy, it very much reminds me of the Witcher in that sense. At points in that I found playing a chore too, but then was rewarded for persevering. Perhaps not the ideal thing, but something worth continuing for.

I personally don’t find the controls bad. Takes a bit of getting used to, yes, but not bad. The responsiveness When turning etc doesn’t bother me, feels weighty as if he’s actually transferring his weight to turn.

It’d be strange if he was as responsive as CJ in GTA 4. Feels to me like youre controlling a human around the world...which I like.

I genuinely haven’t struggled with the controls at all but I guess I could see how people might.

It definitely doesn’t seem designed to let you shoot your way out of trouble in certain areas without a bit of a plan that’s for sure.

I enjoy the the controls. Same with The Witcher 3 (sorry, I know its bordering on a meme mentioning it) yet people shit on that and its combat.

The only thing I hate is stage coaches. Feck them. The controls are the reason I dont do those optional robberies.

I like it so far, the only annoyance is the controls. I like to pan the right stick while moving to control the camera but the game is seemingly asking you to press XYOB at all times which makes it extremely difficult to camera pan effectively.