Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

I had a bounty that was far higher than the amount of money I had, so I surrendered when surrounded by the law. While waiting in prison the wall exploded and Dutch peered through, my gang leader came for me :drool:

So the strange man from RDR 1

is he Trelawny? They look pretty similar.

Is this game worth getting? I'm a Witcher 3 fan so I like open world. Caf, tell me if I should splurge and sacrifice hours of my life!

Do the people ever contribute anything substantial to the camp. Seems like I'm the only idiot buying everything.
There's a camp upgrade that makes the others contribute more often, but yeah it's mainly gonna be you contributing.

Is this game worth getting? I'm a Witcher 3 fan so I like open world. Caf, tell me if I should splurge and sacrifice hours of my life!
Probably one of the best open world games I've ever played. Starts slow but when it truly opens up there are so many things to do. Highly recommend wasting many many hours on it!

Funny, I just compared it to TW3 elsewhere because as I was playing the latter, although I saw it's faults, I felt with a few tweaks it might be my favorite game ever. Which ended up happening on PC via mods.

This one might have that potential.

Ooh, 7 minutes!

But then it'll need to install. fecking feck feck

Edit: or not! Woohoo! Time to drink whisky and shoot some cnuts!

Ooh, 7 minutes!

But then it'll need to install. fecking feck feck
Keep us updated with your thoughts. I'm on the nightshift, and keep checking when I have a quiet moment. Need something to keep me entertained.

Keep us updated with your thoughts. I'm on the nightshift, and keep checking when I have a quiet moment. Need something to keep me entertained.
Played for a little bit, shot some folk, fell face first in the snow, pissed off Dutch by taking too long searching a cabin, oohed and ahed at the scenery, let some guy go free, stole a horse, ruined the first game for my missus, filled my inventory with biscuits. 10/10

Rockstar have thought of everything. Two things happened to me,

In the theatre in St. Denis, whilst the live variety act was on, I walked directly in front of some people sitting on the first row (so they couldn't see) and they leaned over left of me and the right of me, so they could see past me! Like, what?!?!? That's insane!

Another thing. Blind man begging for money. I gave him a dollar and then pulled the gun on him. He flinched. Arthur figured out that he wasn't blind and confronted him.

In the theatre in St. Denis, whilst the live variety act was on, I walked directly in front of some people sitting on the first row (so they couldn't see) and they leaned over left of me and the right of me, so they could see past me! Like, what?!?!? That's insane!

Another thing. Blind man begging for money. I gave him a dollar and then pulled the gun on him. He flinched. Arthur figured out that he wasn't blind and confronted him.
I thought about doing that, but I had places to be, and didn't want to risk getting a bounty on my head. Did you gain anything from doing that or was it just a satisfying confrontation?

There's a one armed army vet in Valentine who I've taken pity on and give him the time of day, he's...developmentally delayed shall we say and he's now really testing my patience. Tempted to lure him in, take him for a ride on Seabreeze 3.0 and do away with him, I don't need that kind of positivity in my life.

That motherfecker conned me.

I thought about doing that, but I had places to be, and didn't want to risk getting a bounty on my head. Did you gain anything from doing that or was it just a satisfying confrontation?

There's a one armed army vet in Valentine who I've taken pity on and give him the time of day, he's...developmentally delayed shall we say and he's now really testing my patience. Tempted to lure him in, take him for a ride on Seabreeze 3.0 and do away with him, I don't need that kind of positivity in my life.
You leave Mickey alone. He's a good soul.

Might actually better that way, even though that’s often not the case.

It’d probably only be a minor trade-off.

It's a prequel but there's a good recap on Youtube that will probably make some of the characters more interesting.

Thanks guys, I was hoping the first game would be remastered on PS4 though. Looks like I'll just jump straight to this game

Set a waypoint and turn on cinematic camera and the horse follows the path itself so you can set the controller down.

I really think Rockstar intended you to do some of the camp missions in Chapter 2 before titting about all over the place. Most of them are still basically tutorials. I only just did the debt collector one last night which opens up the camp ledger and allows you to upgrade stuff.

So yeah my advice to people getting a bit lost is to do some character mission stuff mixed in with the stranger missions that you come across because they just ease you into the various mechanics and systems at play. And do play some dominoes too.

I really think Rockstar intended you to do some of the camp missions in Chapter 2 before titting about all over the place. Most of them are still basically tutorials. I only just did the debt collector one last night which opens up the camp ledger and allows you to upgrade stuff.

So yeah my advice to people getting a bit lost is to do some character mission stuff mixed in with the stranger missions that you come across because they just ease you into the various mechanics and systems at play. And do play some dominoes too.
yeah definitely. Any missions I have done (which tend to be maybe every 3 or 4 hours generally in between wandering around doing whatever) still have info in them that I pretty much accidentally figured out by stumbling around the world myself.

Kinda glad I did it my own way though instead of it being spoon fed, although there have definitely been a few missions that made me go "oh, right, i'm doing that aaaall wrong".

one thing that annoys me is how long it takes you to meet a trapper. I've killed five or six legendary animals now, died, lost their pelts, and therefore get nada for them. I know you can still buy the stuff when you get to the trapper, but still, I really don't get why they introduce you to legendary animals in the tutorial and yet you can't access a trapper til much later. Makes zero sense.

yeah definitely. Any missions I have done (which tend to be maybe every 3 or 4 hours generally in between wandering around doing whatever) still have info in them that I pretty much accidentally figured out by stumbling around the world myself.

Kinda glad I did it my own way though instead of it being spoon fed, although there have definitely been a few missions that made me go "oh, right, i'm doing that aaaall wrong".

one thing that annoys me is how long it takes you to meet a trapper. I've killed five or six legendary animals now, died, lost their pelts, and therefore get nada for them. I know you can still buy the stuff when you get to the trapper, but still, I really don't get why they introduce you to legendary animals in the tutorial and yet you can't access a trapper til much later. Makes zero sense.
See, I got told about a trapper before the legendary tutorial.

The trapper concept is introduced during your first legendary hunt with the bear.

You’re saying you couldn’t access the trapper but it’s very early on in the game that you get access to him.
"can't access" was the wrong phrase.

you aren't told where a trapper is, better?

I still haven't found a trapper and i'm near the end of chapter two (I think) and my understanding is you don't find one til St. Denis, unless there's another I don't know of. When I got my legendary bear pelt it said "bring it to a trapper" but it never told me where to fecking find one.

"can't access" was the wrong phrase.

you aren't told where a trapper is, better?

I still haven't found a trapper and i'm near the end of chapter two (I think) and my understanding is you don't find one til St. Denis, unless there's another I don't know of. When I got my legendary bear pelt it said "bring it to a trapper" but it never told me where to fecking find one.

One you skin that bear a prompt tells you that you can go to the trapper, you open the map and his symbol appears. He’s near Annesburg.

Is it/he? Was that the one you do with Hosea? Where is this trapper?

He’s the paw print on the map, there is one near Annesburg, Riggs Station and Saint Denis. There may be another but those are the three I’ve been to.

One you skin that bear a prompt tells you that you can go to the trapper, you open the map and his symbol appears. He’s near Annesburg.

He’s the paw print on the map, there is one near Annesburg, Riggs Station and Saint Denis. There may be another but those are the three I’ve been to.

Ah right. I haven't even killed a bear yet. I went back to camp instead. I'll check the map later anyway cheers.

Finally killed a bear in the wild after what was an intense fight, and just as was about to skin it, the fecking bounty cnuts show up and murder me. :o

oh right, jaysus, i've gone nowhere near there yet ffs. my point still stands :lol:

I’d need to play it again but I’m absolutely convinced once you skin that bear the prompt that appears in the top left corner of the screen gives you the information. Anyway, you’ll come across him! He’s near Riggs Station also.

Yep, definitely this. Most open world games are like it tbf, you really should do the main games for a while. Not be an idiot like me and go running off constantly then bitch and moan when I can't figure something out ;)

Had a chance to really sit down with this the past few days, I'm enjoying it. I seriously can't stand the controls though (ridiculously un-intuitive for the most part, bordering on plain stupid) and I hate the standard Rockstar sluggish mechanics. But as usual, despite all that, they've managed to put something together that's well worth sticking with.

Yep, definitely this. Most open world games are like it tbf, you really should do the main games for a while. Not be an idiot like me and go running off constantly then bitch and moan when I can't figure something out ;)

Had a chance to really sit down with this the past few days, I'm enjoying it. I seriously can't stand the controls though (ridiculously un-intuitive for the most part, bordering on plain stupid) and I hate the standard Rockstar sluggish mechanics. But as usual, despite all that, they've managed to put something together that's well worth sticking with.

Agreed the controls are easily the worst thing about it but again I think that's something you can be eased into a bit better by playing some of the main missions.