Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

The first one didn’t come out because apparently it was a mess development wise and they couldn’t port it.

Now that consoles use the same architecture as PCs this one should be easy to port and I think they’d do it next year. They know how many people double dipped with GTA V.
it was just the ps3 that didn't use the same architecture though, right? the 360 was basically a mini PC.

So before it came out a few said it would be revolutionary and I said I hope it is but I think it'll just be a very expanded version of what we already know. It's not far off though. The amount of content in there is something I've never seen before. And the pacing is obviously something new. Even though there's obviously familiarities, I'm glad to say I was mostly wrong!

It's just a shame it takes so long to make a game of this quality. Will that get better or worse? I'm sure they could use what they already have as a base, but then again I have no idea how to make a game.

it was just the ps3 that didn't use the same architecture though, right? the 360 was basically a mini PC.

Yeah PS3 had the cell.

So before it came out a few said it would be revolutionary and I said I hope it is but I think it'll just be a very expanded version of what we already know. It's not far off though. The amount of content in there is something I've never seen before. And the pacing is obviously something new. Even though there's obviously familiarities, I'm glad to say I was mostly wrong!

It's just a shame it takes so long to make a game of this quality. Will that get better or worse? I'm sure they could use what they already have as a base, but then again I have no idea how to make a game.

I know there’s a few rumours of Bully 2. But I’m hoping for a Vice City set in the 80s again from them. I still think it’s possible we could get a GTA before the new consoles come out.

I’m biased because it’s already my favourite game of all time but I think it will definitely change and raise standards so I do see it as revolutionary.

I walked into this cabin last night while out exploring. It was in the middle of the night, and all of a sudden the lighting in the cabin and outside turned green. The music changed into a supernatural sort of vibe, and there were skeletons littered across the floor. It was some sort of occult/mystical shit thing going on. It was really weird.

Is Chapter 2 when you all started exploring? I've just finished chapter 1 and this feels like the game opening up.

Just paid off my 300 dollar Strawberry bounty .Went up to that lumber mill, sold the guy a few things, said hello to the others, all good. I decide to leave on my white horse and jump on her. Problem is it's actually their horse and about 20 guys start shooting me and dogs start chasing me. I die, lose 50 dollars and have another 60 dollar bounty on me. Mother feck.

Sooo uhh... I walked into an abandoned house the other night and read some note about aliens (can’t renember what it said exactly). As I was reading it the place went green and a hovering/UFO sound played above me for a few seconds like I was away to be abducted.

I looked up but it disappeared. Never seen it again.

I guess it was an Easter egg but...yeah...weird.

Is there a trick to catching the legendary animals, like do you need to lure them in with something? Been looking for the fox for ages and the trail keeps going cold.

The saloon mission in chapter 2
where you go into town to rescue Micah with Lenny, but end up having a 'few quiet' drinks first was hilarious. Lenny? Leny! Lnenny!!

It's really starting to open up for me now. I've done a few missions here and there but I'm enjoying just walking into places, finding stuff, doing 'chores', stuff like going into town and getting a bath or buying a part for your gun. It may well get tiring after a while but for now it's fecking brilliant.

I love how you can go fish in a river canyon and forget there’s a whole game out there waiting to be played. Can be so content just doing nothing.

Tell you what, getting gold medals in this game is incredibly difficult. Doesn't tell you the requirements before the mission (understandable, don't want any spoilers) but when you replay them you get basic gear that makes it almost impossible.

Damn they got dominoes in this game? I love me some dominoes. It’s also hilarious when you’re absolutly blitzed trying to do some maths :lol:

I really need to start playing this game, was hyped for it for years now, it finally arrives and I just can’t seem to get in to it and haven’t really looked at it for about 3 days. I think it’s the controls I’m just not loving.

Damn they got dominoes in this game? I love me some dominoes. It’s also hilarious when you’re absolutly blitzed trying to do some maths :lol:

I really need to start playing this game, was hyped for it for years now, it finally arrives and I just can’t seem to get in to it and haven’t really looked at it for about 3 days. I think it’s the controls I’m just not loving.

Felt the same way at first. Keep playing, it’ll get better. Did for me anyway.

Last night i decided to do some exploring after i done a few missions. I was in the middle of nowhere and stumbled on this little campfire with some guy there. He immediately went aggressive and took out his weapon so i had to put him down, but before he dies the fecker shoots my horse. The thing is, i didn't have any horse revival and, as i said, was in the middle of nowhere. So i had to run for ages, found some guy on a horse, murdered him, tamed his horse and rode for what felt like miles into the nearest town to buy some horse revival.

I then had to wait until morning for the shop to open, as it was the middle of the night. Anyway, bought some horse revival, stole someone elses ride and went back to my horse (up in the mountains, somewhere) who was still alive and writhing around in agony. Used horse revival and he got back up. It's just little things like that, that makes the game so immersive and impressive. It may not sound like much, but it's still a cool little side distraction when your actually doing it.

:lol:
This happened to me with one of the leopold Strauss missions. I was chasing a guy on horseback, lassooed him off. Got off of my horse to hog tie him but didn't realise we were right next to a railway and my horse was too close to it and he got mowed down by a train. Had to run for ages to find the nearest stables. :lol:

Just starting chapter 3 and I’m struggling to make money.

Is there a quick way? I’m mostly robbing carts and cashing them in at this point.

My fiancee returned my testicles so I can get this game. Panic bought on PSN because the shops just closed and I thought that I'd probably only have to wait an hour or so thanks to my 200Mb speed. Then as soon as I did I noticed it said "estimated time 4 hours", and the realisation dawned on me that 1) Virgin Media's speeds in this area are a downright lie and you're lucky to get 40Mb, 2) PSN isn't exactly quick and 3) I should have just waited until the morning and got a physical copy because there's no way I'll be awake in 30 minutes anyway.

Just starting chapter 3 and I’m struggling to make money.

Is there a quick way? I’m mostly robbing carts and cashing them in at this point.

YouTube tutorials for treasure hunts (gold bars). The bars are 500 a piece and you can grind 8-10 of them in 3 hours or so.

My fiancee returned my testicles so I can get this game. Panic bought on PSN because the shops just closed and I thought that I'd probably only have to wait an hour or so thanks to my 200Mb speed. Then as soon as I did I noticed it said "estimated time 4 hours", and the realisation dawned on me that 1) Virgin Media's speeds in this area are a downright lie and you're lucky to get 40Mb, 2) PSN isn't exactly quick and 3) I should have just waited until the morning and got a physical copy because there's no way I'll be awake in 30 minutes anyway.

You still would have waited nearly 2 hours with a physical, if that helps. It just wasn’t to be today pidgy.